anyone recognize this

Insect control and prevention, plant diseases, PH issues, nutrient deficiencies and other plant problems. Problems with your plants? Ask here,share advice.
Hopefull Stoner
good karma
good karma
Custom Title: Stoned Cold Bulldog
Has bestowed Karma : 12 times
Received Karma : 174 times

anyone recognize this

Post by Hopefull Stoner »

i look for critters and seemed like the backs had eggs, so i ran the leaves underwater to rub them off etc. well nothing happened and nothing moved at all. i saw in stitch's icrag thread a calcium issue. but no other pictures match my leaves.

so anyone have this issues before and if so what was the issues/problem and how did you solve it if at all. thx.

will add more pics via phone a bit later.
Attachments
IMG_8607.JPG
IMG_8608.JPG
Stoned Cold Bulldog in the flesh. peace power and luv to all comrades and old friends. :gadday: :toker1: :tokie:

Oldjoints

anyone recognize this

Post by Oldjoints »

Sounds like an aphid problem. These pests will literally suck the life out of your plants.
Did the eggs look like this:
F10008B3-CE64-4042-96D7-6B2735865047.jpeg
If so it’s aphids and they are easily controlled by spraying your plants with neem oil, make sure you spray the underside of all leaves as well as the whole plant or plants.

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Has bestowed Karma : 1794 times
Received Karma : 1578 times

anyone recognize this

Post by Intrinsic »

Doesn't wash off, sounds like excrement from a bug. Like Lace bug.
Never had to deal with it but scale comes to mind also.

Oldjoints

anyone recognize this

Post by Oldjoints »

Yes if the “eggs” didn’t wash off it’s not aphids. It very well could be scale. Scale are actually insects that suck the juices from the host plant like aphids and others do. There is soft shell and armored scale. On tree’s we used dormant oil to control them but neem oil will do the same thing. The problem won’t just stop after one treatment though and if you have other plants they may infest them also. If that plant is heavily infested you may want to cut your losses and toss it to protect your other plants and spray all your plants. You can also try rubbing alcohol on them as that will kill them also.
Some better pictures magnified would help greatly to identify the problem. The ones you posted are hard to see as far as identity.

Hopefull Stoner
good karma
good karma

anyone recognize this

Ok, so here are the other pics I took. so, scale and aphids are out and glad to say it, as well as lacewings too. Note : I DON'T KNOW ANY PLANT CRITTERS who much on weed that would only choose a couple leaves and ignore the rest so they can spread and multiply. i say that because that's what happens with pests but it's not happening with these plants. :tup:

still when we see stuff we have never seen before it's troublesome ...
Attachments
9CF29FD8-0CD4-466F-AAD4-51682B250AB4.jpeg
245C0B6C-92BA-4A1B-B338-19E633E9550A.jpeg
DADD1D81-2DA2-4165-A8BF-8C025406CC4B.jpeg
30FF5929-4ED6-4DEF-B1FB-AD0A25F670FB.jpeg
Stoned Cold Bulldog in the flesh. peace power and luv to all comrades and old friends. :gadday: :toker1: :tokie:

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Has bestowed Karma : 1794 times
Received Karma : 1578 times

anyone recognize this

Post by Intrinsic »

Looking through my old pics. no I have never seen anything like that on canna. The closest thing I seen my vegetable garden on the cantaloupe along the veins we're little black nodules that won't wash off problem turned out to be ants. Munch on the vein for the secretion.
Sorry man. How widespread is it?

Roots

anyone recognize this

Post by Roots »

Those would be spider mites.

Oldjoints

anyone recognize this

Post by Oldjoints »

Nice job bro! Definitely the problem.

Hopefull Stoner
good karma
good karma

anyone recognize this

Roots wrote:Those would be spider mites.
spiders mites move, and rub off. i've had spider mites before. if not treated they multiply as you know quite quickly and make webs too. none of which is happening thankfully to these plants/leaves.

as of now the plants are looking better to include the one with those obvious leaf symptoms. other plants had it but in an extremely less affected way. so i'm thinking the calcium issues really is the culprit. though back side of the leaves do have an pest type of look be it eggs or who knows.

when i do my garden check i don't see this phenomenon spreading thankfully. :tup:

Irwin the Troll
Karma Whore
Karma Whore
Has bestowed Karma : 30 times
Received Karma : 141 times

anyone recognize this

Post by Irwin the Troll »