Pest control idea

Insect control and prevention, plant diseases, PH issues, nutrient deficiencies and other plant problems. Problems with your plants? Ask here,share advice.
Dick Fein
Karma Jackpot
Karma Jackpot
Custom Title: Wiki Freak

Pest control idea

Post by Dick Fein »

I was just thinking about putting co2 in my garden and the idea occurred to me that if you sealed up your room and then raised the concentration of co2 to a high enough level for a couple hours and then evacuated the atmosphere with a timer that it might kill all adults and juveniles and repeat once a week for maintenance.
How long can those little bastards hold their breath?

Oldjoints

Pest control idea

Post by Oldjoints »

I do not grow with co2 at the moment but do know that high levels of it will stop your plants from transpiring correctly. Now I have no clue what the outcome would be of extremely high levels for short periods of time would be. If I were to try I think I would create a mini version using one plant in a box or something of that nature instead of my whole grow...,,,

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Has bestowed Karma : 1751 times
Received Karma : 1535 times

Pest control idea

Post by Intrinsic »

Plants need CO2 only for photosynthesis, but all the living cells still need oxygen to respire. It is why we oxygenate the water in hydro.

Although it is sounds like a good idea, It's just i think more then hours would be needed, days more likely.

Roots

Pest control idea

Post by Roots »

People have been doing this for as long as I can remember, there’s info on it all over the internet.

Dick Fein
Karma Jackpot
Karma Jackpot

Pest control idea

Post by Dick Fein »

Roots wrote:People have been doing this for as long as I can remember, there’s info on it all over the internet.
Well there were at least 3 of us that never heard of it.
I am still going to take credit for it.

deran
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: time bandit
Has bestowed Karma : 63 times
Received Karma : 107 times

Pest control idea

Post by deran »

makes only sense with a 100% sealed room

many tried and failed , bc the room wasnt totaly sealed

good luck
awoken the right way

Dick Fein
Karma Jackpot
Karma Jackpot

Pest control idea

Post by Dick Fein »

Turns out I don't have any bugs to kill anyway. I thought I saw something but a careful examination shows no eggs or larvae.

Lrus007
Advanced Grower
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: hash and oil maker
Has bestowed Karma : 1084 times
Received Karma : 1699 times

Pest control idea

Post by Lrus007 »

yay
My therapist says I am a habitual liar and an attention seeker, therefore nothing I say/write is true and under no circumstances should I be believed nor held accountable for anything I say. all photo's are paintings

People are born with the instinct to fight against their own death, to struggle with their last breath against even the most unavoidable and uncompromising ends.