WTF seeds went crazy?

Insect control and prevention, plant diseases, PH issues, nutrient deficiencies and other plant problems. Problems with your plants? Ask here,share advice.
BCbudinTO
Stackin' Karma Yo
Stackin' Karma Yo

WTF seeds went crazy?

Post by BCbudinTO »

OK, so it's beena while since I started from seed, thought it would be nice to start from scratch again.

Ended up buying several seeds from Seedsupreme, chose them mostly out of the variety they had in inventory over any reviews for service etc(which is another story entirely)

I bought what were listed as
Sensi seeds-Jack Herer 10 seeds
Mr Nice- Critical Mass 18 seeds
Holy Smoke- Pink Cadillac 6 seeds
UNlisted seed bank-Mighty Grape feminized 9 seeds

Got the seeds, put them in PH corrected, and 1/2 strength rhizotonic soaked rockwool cubes in domes, had a nearly 100% germination rate. Put the trays with domes in my nice sunny garden, getting at least 6 hours of full sun a day, but then...

WTF?

Not sure there will be more than a couple survivors. I'll save what I can but I'm curious if anyone has seen this before.
Attachments
IMG_20160616_204301.jpg
IMG_20160616_204015.jpg
IMG_20160616_204046.jpg

deran
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: time bandit
Has bestowed Karma : 63 times
Received Karma : 107 times

WTF seeds went crazy?

Post by deran »

not enough light hours , in combination with rhizo

flush em with ph 5.5 water (destilled water that you ph`ed, you will read why) , keep em 6 hours in sun and move em additionally under some fluros with 6500 or 9500 kelvin

rhizo is skyrocketing the ph, therefore you threw in a lot of ph down (too much for babies), now you got this phosphorus and/or nitrogen (depending on your acid) overfeeding symtoms; destilled water bc you need just a drop or 2 of ph down - so no overfeeding

seedlings have everything they need on board for their first 2 weeks, no need for any "magic poition" imho
awoken the right way

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 417 times
Received Karma : 511 times

WTF seeds went crazy?

Post by Prawn Connery »

Burnt. What deran said: seedlings need very little in the way nutes in the first week or two. When I start seedlings in rockwool (which I haven't done since forever after switching to coco), I soak them in about 1/5 strength nutes, pH adjusted, then shake the cubes of any excess water. After that, I spray them with plain water to keep the cubes from drying out.

Even in coco, which is also innert, but has better buffering, I use 1/5 strength nutes (1ml per liter if 5ml is the recommended full dose etc) and don't water at all in the first week or so.
Licensed to Krill

BCbudinTO
Stackin' Karma Yo
Stackin' Karma Yo

WTF seeds went crazy?

Post by BCbudinTO »

Fuuck!

Thanks to both of you for your help. I'll try again.

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 417 times
Received Karma : 511 times

WTF seeds went crazy?

Post by Prawn Connery »

If you flush, as deran suggested (shake off any excess water), my advice would be to leave them under fluoros and out of the sun until they recover. You may salvage a few seedlings that way. Same goes for any nutrient-burnt plant - you want to keep them away from excessive heat and out of strong sunlight.
Licensed to Krill

Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Munchy Sock since OG lol
Has bestowed Karma : 70 times
Received Karma : 131 times

WTF seeds went crazy?

Post by Jesús Malverde »

Whoa, nice to see you after so long! Good luck with these, maybe safer not to use any nutes at all at this stage, there's really very little upside.
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow

MadMoonMan
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: nOT-a-BoT
Has bestowed Karma : 15 times
Received Karma : 231 times

WTF seeds went crazy?

Post by MadMoonMan »

Now that you mention it. I've had several grows like that in the past few years.

Growing inside I have no problems. Outside. They don't seem to be able to get that "tan" to cope with full hot sun.

Gene losses over inbreeding?

OH MY GORSH!

currently find myself having to move them back and forth from shade and sun.
Attachments
bobnewhart.jpg
bobnewhart.jpg (76.88 KiB) Viewed 4027 times
Just because I can't spell misanthrope doesn't mean I'm completely stupid.

MadMoonMan
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: nOT-a-BoT
Has bestowed Karma : 15 times
Received Karma : 231 times

WTF seeds went crazy?

Post by MadMoonMan »

I've lost a lot of money on purchased seeds.. not the suppliers fault. The Bud is getting so good that growing it has become specific to plant.

I fortunately have some Chemo seeds bred slowly over the years to my climate I've able to use as back up.

Love that UBC Chemo. First time I grew them was outside then in a greenhouse and 10 feet tall rows 20' 10' wide 10' tall.

Walking inside at full bloom was wondrous.

Found myself rescuing trapped butterflies many times.
Just because I can't spell misanthrope doesn't mean I'm completely stupid.

BCbudinTO
Stackin' Karma Yo
Stackin' Karma Yo

WTF seeds went crazy?

Post by BCbudinTO »

Hey Everybody! Nice to see you all here! Thanks for all the input. I did flush them best I could and a couple survived, 5 Critical mass, 2 Jack herer, 2 mighty grape. The critical seem to have pulled through, the jacks are both still a bit weak and the grape is getting better. The pink Cadillac all got destroyed though. I'll post a pic in the next couple days of the survivors. I sourced some more seeds, some Bogglegum and Blue moon rocks out of GTA seedbank. Popping them in straight distilled water cubes with a tiny bit of PH down. Playing it super conservative with them.

A friend gave me a dozen kush variant cuttings, violator, eliminator and purple. I'll start a thread on them soon.

roller24
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 331 times
Received Karma : 493 times

WTF seeds went crazy?

Post by roller24 »

Im not sure where you live, and the construction of your garden, but a dome under sunlight can create quite abit of heat, Check the temps to ensure not exceeding 85F, especially the wool temps.
I ve always started my seeds out of the wool, and then drop them in once sprouted.
I never condition the wool with anything but water.
Ive had tremendous success .