Hemp Russet Mites

Insect control and prevention, plant diseases, PH issues, nutrient deficiencies and other plant problems. Problems with your plants? Ask here,share advice.
Roots

Hemp Russet Mites

Post by Roots »

Has anyone ever delt with these indoors or outdoors?

They're nothing like a spider mite or broad mites and many say they're far more damaging and harder to get rid of.

I have some on a few outdoor plants that will still be vegging for 30-40 days...at this point Avid is still an option but I'm trying sulfer right now and might try some Mighty Wash....my biggest fear is bringing from one spot to the other.

I spent hours on google and YouTube with very little luck.

Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Munchy Sock since OG lol
Has bestowed Karma : 70 times
Received Karma : 131 times

Hemp Russet Mites

Post by Jesús Malverde »

Never heard of them, in fact I've never had bad pest damage of any sort outdoors for whatever reason. Worst has been some caterpillar and leafhopper damage, but nothing really serious.
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow

Roots

Hemp Russet Mites

Post by Roots »

Silkworms and gnats are the only thing I ever have had outdoors and those are simple to get rid of.

HRM are so small you can't see them without a 60x microscope and many people get them and think it's a nutrient deficiency.

This year I didn't buy all new soil and started amending my own soil, what ever I did is working, canopy is twice the size it should be at this point in the year, I can't even get to some of the plants....the HRMs like to stay on the parts that get no sun and because I have such a big canopy there's a few plants that don't get full sun.

These are definitely something growers should learn about, if I didn't know about them before this year I wouldn't have recognized them yet, I'll be fine if I get rid of them before they flower but with such a big canopy I'll never kill every egg.

MadMoonMan
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: nOT-a-BoT
Has bestowed Karma : 15 times
Received Karma : 231 times

Hemp Russet Mites

Post by MadMoonMan »

No idea>

can you send a pic?

Sounds like something related to making rope.

Do they like hemp rope to live on?
Just because I can't spell misanthrope doesn't mean I'm completely stupid.

bentech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: eye the witch Melancholy
Has bestowed Karma : 33 times
Received Karma : 28 times

Hemp Russet Mites

Post by bentech »

so your infected but your plants are thriving

what are the tell-tales of the infection?
"we must strive to become good ancestors" nader
https://www.myplanetganja.com/viewforum.php?f=48
FUCK jimmydorecomedy.com

Roots

Hemp Russet Mites

Post by Roots »

In veg the bottom leafs "taco".....I think I can also smell them.
The real damage comes in flower, they eat the flowers more than the leafs.

growbag
needs karma

Hemp Russet Mites

Post by growbag »

Neem oil works on over 200 plant-sucking bugs, including all the mites.
It's now available directly to Canadian growers at: http://www.wholesaleneemoil.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Roots

Hemp Russet Mites

Post by Roots »

No it's doesn't....the only way it would help would be using the ground neem seeds as a systemic by putting the seeds in the soil to act as a preventive method, to late on that front.....Spider mites arnt in the same Order, Family or Sub-Family as Hemp Russet mites.....I'm also using sulfer so all oils are off the table right now.

MadMoonMan
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Has bestowed Karma : 15 times
Received Karma : 231 times

Hemp Russet Mites

Post by MadMoonMan »

When using neem oil. After your overwhelmed its too late. You need to apply it as an innoculation a couple times.

For now spray with neem oil drenching and wait. It kills the baby spidermite eggs so they don't hatch. Give another good spray in 2 weeks? I use it to fight mold but it devastates insects if applied properly. Over time.
Just because I can't spell misanthrope doesn't mean I'm completely stupid.

Roots

Hemp Russet Mites

Post by Roots »

These are not spider mites!.

These are mites about the size of the ones living on your face....If you read my last post I said I'm using sulfer, oils and sulfer don't mix.