VWs, Bonnevilles & Lamps.. what's the connection?

Grow room design, HID, fluoro, reflectors, ventilation, ballasts and wiring.
A Bloke Down The Pub
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Shaman to the Gentry

Post by A Bloke Down The Pub »

deran wrote:had issues with compression, usin tools available at home, and i mean i slammed that damn thing really hard lots of times at the ground ...
Were you using pelleted or granulated carbon?

I'm expecting pelleted won't be too bad, but we'll see. :)

Weather looks good tomorrow, so all other things being equal, I should have a crack at it.

deran
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: time bandit
Has bestowed Karma : 63 times
Received Karma : 107 times

Post by deran »

it were the same pellets, which were before in ;)

wanted to try out the burn out method, baking coal at 200 - 250 C .... in the kitchen ....

never ever do that at home, without a 2nd filter ... lol ... everything, that got trapped within 2 years in the coal, got freed within 4 hours ... it didnt smell like weed, or any other familiar smell, pure chemistry, worse than an underground drug lab ... yuk ...

anyways, i had to put the same amount of coal back in, and it didnt work out, no matter how hard i tried to compress it, there was always this 2 handful of coal wich didnt fit it, also this was the lenghty version of filters, about a meter long, it should be easier with the chunky short ones

i could imagine, that not having the before / after amount of coal could lead to the false impression that enough coal went in

atm im not at home, if needed i could up some pics, documenting the hole procedure :)
awoken the right way

A Bloke Down The Pub
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Shaman to the Gentry

Post by A Bloke Down The Pub »

deran wrote:wanted to try out the burn out method, baking coal at 200 - 250 C .... in the kitchen ....never ever do that at home, without a 2nd filter
No, I'd heard it can be smelly, and I didn't want to risk a stinky kitchen and oven. :)
After reading how it's reactivated "properly" with v. high temps and a CO2 atmosphere, I didn't think it would do a proper job anyway. :p
atm im not at home, if needed i could up some pics, documenting the hole procedure :)
Don't worry, I'm pretty sure I know how I'm going to tackle it, and I'll be taking pix myself. ;)

country boy

Post by country boy »