Aloha a update of sorts what i been doing

Grow room design, HID, fluoro, reflectors, ventilation, ballasts and wiring.
Hopefull Stoner
good karma
good karma
Custom Title: Stoned Cold Bulldog
Has bestowed Karma : 12 times
Received Karma : 174 times

Post by Hopefull Stoner »

hell it took me quite awhile to figure out how to post this, so took my own advice and looked at the page in a slow scroll type of way. bam new topic at the bottom

so, not sure what if anything i might have already said and my recall is really sporadic quite often = daily = throughout the day as well lol.

retirement comeback ended with beautiful clones, grown onto pretty ladies only to look like witches after a lost broad mite/russet mite war.

next attempt sucked trying to germ in old rapid rooters that only produced a couple plants. these were then cloned to continue. warriors tonic (cbd-thc) and capn' shiva's crunch berries(thc) via purpose genetics, had multiple sneaky light leaks and got my first crop of hermie females oh well fem seeds of good medicine can't be a bad thing imho. all ran again with light leaks sealed but warriors tonic still produced a few seeds but i never saw any nanners hmm. haven't gone through the cscb's but it's headed mainly to rso town because didn't like hw the stone turned out. i had serious humidity issues trying to dry and shit fluctuating hard. seemed to be almost done and then bam humidity spike made all the buds regress. in jars they are tan/golden color.

only one jar has green buds and that was the last one cut. and it fared much better with humidity but did go though similar issues. so, pollinated a couple lower branches with the secret sauce male, at the time i had no idea who/what he was thus the name. turns out he was a folsom prison blues male or FPB X Rhino Blood (created by mr. g) i think it's the former though as the sister that was flowered seemed to smoke just like the FPB samples i puffed on.
FPB is the uk blues x sfv og bx1 and i'll be expected more buddage when it's time to grow them out. got the last pack of beans but i think INDICAN has the parents to make more. he goes by Sinister Seeds on IG, but started doing his thing on OpenGrow he since has left = useless drama but was given a welcome mat to come back if he chose. DO HAVE MORE OF HIS GEAR AND AM SLATED TO GET MORE STILL, oops caps smdh. so yeah, i like what he does cause i can count on it being sedative/couch locked with many of his offerings, as is my current preference now.

i caved in an got a stimulating light = Series 3 Samsung LM301H 500 Watt Dimmable Grow Light quantum board type like hlg. almost went with a 4 pack of cobs but i wanted more power for production. the cobbs would have been a great sub for the 600 hps digi in a 4x4 tent but i had to go for a bit more while i had the chance. the rub is i have over twice the flower power now and it's just a matter of logistics on how to use them both. tent stays upstairs and basement will get the 600 hps vertical style since done that twice now. i'll stop buying weed that's for sure unless i want to treat myself to something particular occasionally/4 times a year maybe. i'm not used to growing in so damn long it's weird but i'm getting more acclimated and focused as my marathon continues.

all the major grow gear is new and unused. sat for a couple years. gorilla shorty, 6'ac hood, filter, exhaust fan = quieter design which is popular with less cost. i'll put up an actual gear list to name shit later . i'm stoned right now, not sure on what actually. lol might be blue cookies hmm

BLG Seedlings being tested for CALYX BROTHERS SEEDS = KAKALAK he was on cannetics before the fall as well as quite a few folks who now have there own seed company. BIG LEAGUE GRAPE = bubble gum clone x grape pie = 6 female seeds all sprouted on the second day in water and they hadn't even sunk yet they sprouted on top. i'll just nurse them until they can support themselves more and get stronger. moving them to the tent with higher temps than the basement will make them really comfy and the roots zone too.

top plant is the warriors tonic mae cut of cannatonic 22%cbd x warriors kush 22%thc . only pain strain i have found in my life and i been searching for years. oddly enough works with plain puffing flower and you don't have to puff it daily for effects to last. that is a huge plus for me since i only had two of those plants. i'll ne making a double bx down the road. i said it like that because the other strain is a perkins cut bx to start with, so cannatonic going back to cannatonic on the momma side. first chuck attempt will be the perkns bx male to the warriors tonic to see and feel what happens. it's going to be quite a process since my space is limited and the window of opportunity to grow is often small. i can flower 70-75 days max. with that in mind. i do have more beans of the warrior tonic regular seeds what was left from orig pack and at least one more newer pack i was gifted . i can't recall what F gen. i think my originals might have been F3's. he does play with the generations and do various selections which have a different ratio of cbd thc obviously. I WAS JUST FORTUNATE TO FIND WHAT I DID ON THE 1ST RUN. medical tincture will be made once i figure out my goulash concoction and test it on myself. it's col that i have multiple issues as well as a higher than avg. tolerance to chemical meds. grrr or happy

? how does that work = If you wish to attach one or more files enter the details below. i can only use one photo at a time and multiple aren't allowed. i thought using the phone to post would change that but nope. iPhone SE 2020
Attachments
97CC52EF-7D1C-417B-8B6B-A7B17925C9E8.jpeg
BA5AC578-D8CC-42B1-B91A-D85FA6762E38.jpeg
CAFAD2CD-FAFC-4994-91FB-10C75C8418D8.png
01AF77A8-68C4-4FD4-B2F6-5113ECF884C0.jpeg
F2EF0E47-B93D-4F72-A602-77DA25AC3501.png
Stoned Cold Bulldog in the flesh. peace power and luv to all comrades and old friends. :gadday: :toker1: :tokie:

Hopefull Stoner
good karma
good karma

So, had some cutting up to do lol. Took tips off two of the boys who are all twins. Almost had a fourth boy but the russet/broad mites showed and I killed him ASAP. I actually sprayed fogger directly on all 3 boys underneath and on top. Dr.Doom makes a knockout spray I have used fir spider mites with success but didn’t want to take chances with these gangster as mites !
Attachments
B6AC538E-DEE0-424E-B618-D5E51BB29D00.jpeg
6E96B3F6-B1F1-422E-8DB1-5B9B51899519.jpeg
A1EE3DB6-572B-4BC2-9410-29ABBFF11365.jpeg
115C1286-DF75-4570-80EC-9B831985B8BC.jpeg
4B0556D4-00AA-492B-B8F1-28918C0CC368.jpeg
5A8D37A5-60AD-4D8E-A242-432E16AB57A2.jpeg
26B8FE8D-992A-4525-B24D-245AEB3DA4B7.jpeg
B3F1475B-EEFA-4811-8404-E4D955AE9688.jpeg
7A19EE6D-63C0-4EA0-814F-B1F4190EA265.jpeg
9A4D943F-14D4-48A4-9A44-D9819A5CB02D.jpeg
Stoned Cold Bulldog in the flesh. peace power and luv to all comrades and old friends. :gadday: :toker1: :tokie:

Hopefull Stoner
good karma
good karma

So, the 3 boys were 20”, 22” 14-15” white pot. They are now all approx. the same height 14-15” the spray brutalized the boys but they are game and stayed in the out while I took care of their recovery needs.

They will be used to collect more pollen for chucks down the road. Will likely pollinate the BLG just to treasure hunt. I saved some pollen in the freezer from the original male before he was topped and revegged. He re-vegged very quickly and easily too.
I like big butts, ooops I mean cuts lol ! As you see I like to put cuts in water before I operate on them. I stick them in the fridge a few hrs and then took them out and turned them both over just for gp sake.
Didn’t know I would be cloning this single male so extensively but it’s a learning curve collecting pollen and storage and free pollen is a good thing.

They are waiting patiently as they warm up to room temp.
Just reusing some bio-bizz watered with greenlight root stimulator ... it’s 11 yrs old and when gone I’m leaning towards dyngro kln as a root stimulator/transplant solution for young ones and adults prior to transplanting. After I use it I wait until the 2nd application before going to grow/bloom nutes.
Attachments
5BC050EB-6946-45DD-8A24-F62FA1B5B84E.jpeg
6C14C498-CAC6-4895-B4F9-1287B3429105.jpeg
CAE110B8-5666-42CB-8C77-B70C168A97B9.jpeg
FAEB7FED-CDA2-4E77-AE15-2B148C83BA8B.jpeg
E27B3EC8-864D-40D2-8947-BE235F1F0632.jpeg

Hopefull Stoner
good karma
good karma

ok, so i feel like this was the right area to post in based on my thoughts at the time about getting a new led and about to set up a tent etc. but it's obvious this should be in a more appropriate section. what section i guess indoor subforum. please move the whole thing there. i'll be adding more of current adventures as i continue my marathon. RIP NIPSEY HUSSLE

I PUT THE URL BETWEEN THE YOUTUBE BRACKETS. NOTHING CHANGED AND SO WENT AND JUST ADDED THE URL BELOW AND STILL DOESN'T SHOW VIDEO BUT WHY ? :confused:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuWJUd8nN4w" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Oldjoints

Post by Oldjoints »

Welcome back to the grow game and MPG!
Sounds like you have had your trial and tribulations getting back into the game.
I also have been dabbling with led lights. I was going to make my own and did a lot of research and sourcing all the components. After all that I just said screw it and bought a sf4000 and am giving it a try on some veg plants. Seems to be doing a good job so far. Have 3 hlg quantum boards I am using also for veg.
As far as posting YouTube video’s:
After you c/p the url only use the part of the url after the =
So you posted this url: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wuWJUd8nN4w" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Only put wuWJUd8nN4w between the YouTube tags like this by highlighting what you want tagged and then hit the YouTube tag.

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Has bestowed Karma : 1751 times
Received Karma : 1537 times

Post by Intrinsic »

Cool diary, went right to the pictures, I,ll finish reading but first,
had multiple sneaky light leaks and got my first crop of hermie females oh well fem seeds of good medicine can't be a bad thing imho. all ran again with light leaks sealed but warriors tonic still produced a few seeds but i never saw any nanners hmm

Interesting. never considered light leaks causes hermes,
Would be a simple way to make feminized seeds.
But you got seeds anyway under controlled condition? I believe nanners are infertile male stamen coming out of stress female flower. As opposed to a full-blown male flower, dioecious.

Anyway Welcome back dog!

Hopefull Stoner
good karma
good karma

mos def fertile or seeds wouldn't be made. old way to make fems used to be to stress the fuck out of the mother. had a name associated with the method i've forgotten.

yet, now we know that to make the most stable fem seeds it's best to stress test the mother and if she doesn't herm she's likely a true xx female and will make more stable genetics that won't throw males much if at all. these are the best candidates for STS, G A and COLLOIDAL SILVER for more reliable chemical reversal. i think STS is the leader of the pack though.
Last edited by Hopefull Stoner on Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oldjoints
good karma
good karma
Has bestowed Karma : 23 times
Received Karma : 186 times

Post by Oldjoints »

Are you referring to Rodelization?

Hopefull Stoner
good karma
good karma

mos def fertile or seeds wouldn't be made. old way to make fems used to be to stress the fuck out of the mother. had a name associated with the method i've forgotten.

yet, now we know that to make the most stable fem seeds it';s best to stress test the mother and if she doesn't herm she's likely a true xx female and will make more stable genetics that won't throw males much if at all. i gave immature seeds to a lady friend to practice growing with. all females and no males under less than ideal conditions. plus she ended up bring them inside and got the borg attack that ruined a pretty purple female.

No, because Rodelization is a plants response that happens naturally with some cultivars but not with others.