Opinions needed

Grow room design, HID, fluoro, reflectors, ventilation, ballasts and wiring.
Oldjoints

Opinions needed

Post by Oldjoints »

I am tired of constantly buying soil and dealing with fungus gnats. So I was thinking of building some type of hydroponic system that would accommodate at least 24 plants in a vegative state. I have built ebb and flow before and many aeroponic cloners. I am confident I can build any type of system that someone can dream up. I was considering a drip system with aeroponic misters at the roots. Anyone here have a good idea or experience with a good system that would fit my needs?

Lrus007
Advanced Grower
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: hash and oil maker
Has bestowed Karma : 1111 times
Received Karma : 1741 times

Opinions needed

Post by Lrus007 »

i really do not know much about hydro.
but i have seen some krusty buckets do well.
the trick is large lava rock. then kind of a waterfall in it.
good luck with what you choose
My therapist says I am a habitual liar and an attention seeker, therefore nothing I say/write is true and under no circumstances should I be believed nor held accountable for anything I say. all photo's are paintings

People are born with the instinct to fight against their own death, to struggle with their last breath against even the most unavoidable and uncompromising ends.

Oldjoints

Opinions needed

Post by Oldjoints »

Thank you Lrus for your response! I remember Krusty’s threads at the old Overgrow. Dude had it going on but 10,000 watts for 10 plants and all he had going on was crazy.
I am looking at bubble buckets that I can build, they are simple and pretty much the same concept. I have a few weeks to come up with something so I am going to research as much as possible before I make a decision.
Thanks for your input and the good wishes.

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1332 times
Received Karma : 929 times

Opinions needed

Post by Butcher Bob »

Did a DWC bucket for a short time....yield increase was phenomenal, but I just didn't care for the loss in aroma and flavor.

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: world where everone gets
Has bestowed Karma : 1668 times
Received Karma : 1063 times

Opinions needed

Post by rSin »

that would be more a function of broad spectrum nutrient lack rather than medium wouldn't you think?

OJ
what is your end game for these plants

how big do you want them to finish and what amount of time in this system?

ive seen cups hanging through the lid of a big semi-shallow rectangular bin which lets them get to some size before moving to individual buckets
the intolerance of the old order is emerging from the rosy mist in which it has hitherto been obscured.

Oldjoints

Opinions needed

Post by Oldjoints »

rSin wrote: OJ
what is your end game for these plants
Sale to dispensaries, I should have my growers license soon.
how big do you want them to finish and what amount of time in this system?
Best yield I can achieve in the shortest time possible with a potent product at finish. Not asking much eh?
ive seen cups hanging through the lid of a big semi-shallow rectangular bin which lets them get to some size before moving to individual buckets
I have a large cloning table designed that will allow me to get plants 2 ft tall before moving them to flower. What I need is a good method to speed up flower time without losing yield. Soil is going to be too expensive and a nightmare to control fungus gnats.

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: world where everone gets
Has bestowed Karma : 1668 times
Received Karma : 1063 times

Opinions needed

Post by rSin »

then id agree with dwc
start with the best available nutrients and start experimenting with different organic adds like casting teas etc...
the intolerance of the old order is emerging from the rosy mist in which it has hitherto been obscured.

Oldjoints

Opinions needed

Post by Oldjoints »

Thanks for the input.

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1332 times
Received Karma : 929 times

Opinions needed

Post by Butcher Bob »

rSin wrote:that would be more a function of broad spectrum nutrient lack rather than medium wouldn't you think?
I used a very complete spectrum chemical nute. My understanding from reading and talking with other folks is that organic nutes were problematic in that type of system. Maybe there are better organic nutes available now...been close to a decade since I tried it. And it's definitely a chemical vs organic difference. I did a three-way side-by-side in a peat base...Nutrilife (chemical) vs Botanicare (organic) vs organic soil amendments. The two organics were very similar. The chemical had the best yield. The organics had the best aromas and flavors. And they all had the same potency. Just my results though...your milage may vary.:p

deran
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: time bandit
Has bestowed Karma : 63 times
Received Karma : 107 times

Opinions needed

Post by deran »

so, to conclude the situation on point for all of us:

you will run an organic soil dwc , am i wright or am i wright :D
awoken the right way