vertical grow question ? ? ? ?

Grow room design, HID, fluoro, reflectors, ventilation, ballasts and wiring.
Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 420 times
Received Karma : 517 times

Post by Prawn Connery »

Ben's spot on about hanging the bulb so you can adjust it up and down. And if you've only got a 250w you can grow vertically in 2'x2' quite easily. Down Under Doper has been growing vertically in a 2'x2' with a 400 and I've seen the results. With a floor fan blowing up through the middle, most of the heat is ducted away, so you can get the plants in close. The beauty of vertical is you can grow sativas and indicas side-by-side, not having to worry so much about individual plant heights. Just hang the bulb in the middle and the plants will grow bushiest around the light. I used to hang two 600w bulbs inline to maximise my head height - which obviously favoured the sativas - but the indicas got a fair amount of light, too, and were always good for a bit of variety.
Licensed to Krill

twilson
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: nOT-a-Bob
Received Karma : 1 time

Post by twilson »

Maybe I will try it someday then. Right now my air cooled hood is doing a good job cause it's quiet. Remember my mom moved in with me years back after I had the cabinet up and running for several years. She's from the depression generation so she does not approve of the hippy drugs at all.

I even had to move out of the big bedroom into the little bedroom because that's where I built the cab into the side of the closet. Would be a little difficult to grow a closet crop in the little bedroom closet if that was my mom's room.
If Muley can scruff along i can too.