I learned two things this season.

Grow info
Roots

Post by Roots »

I answered the Cal-Mag question twice.

As someone who has been making full melt hash from 20 plus different outdoor grows and even more indoor rooms one thing I have seen is that the heads are always bigger in the outdoor runs, I catch the FMCD in the 90u with outdoor material and I catch the FMCD in the 73u with indoor, this pretty much holds true with all strains regardless of who grew it.

jesus

Post by jesus »

"We found that the direct UV-B levels at 8,500 feet in Vail, Colorado, were approximately 60 percent higher than at sea level in New York," said Darrell S. Rigel, MD, the lead author of the study. "In addition, the direct UV-B levels in Vail were the same as those in Orlando, a site nearly 775 miles closer to the equator."

And its the amount of atmosphere between you and the sun, not the 10,000 less feet that really make a difference out of 93 million miles.

The other point being that Orlando is at or close to sea level and gets the same UV as practically any place in Colorado.
I don't care what your light source is. If you do not have FULL control over your rootzone, you are not going to reach full, fuller, fullest, most, bestest genetic expression for your genes and your growing area.
As I stated control is just an illusion anyway. Besides that there was another study not too long ago that shows plants send out "feeler" roots to judge the amount of space they have to grow in so you could say that if theyre in a container they will never reach "most bestest" genetic expresssion anyway[1]. Then there is just the simple logical argument that cannabis didnt evolve in containers so you will never get close to that anyway.

1. http://esciencenews.com/articles/2012/0 ... oot.matter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I suppose, with again not really reading, that you wonder why I would advocate the shading of some of that Sun and how that could possibly be better for quantity and quality of yer crop? So asketh the lamenter of purpling outside of his control?
I asked and I havent been the one lamenting purpling.

Now I havent said you cant grow great weed indoors. You can. But your argument for the best weed indoors or in a greenhouse is pretty weak. You seem to have taken it personally and there isnt really a need to. Grow however you want.

As far as controlling the rootzone, I wouldnt need to, my garden soil is awesome and only getting better every year.

For me the biggest advantage of growing indoors/greenhouse would be weather...freak storms, too much wind etc. Indoors just makes for prettier weed, not the most genetically expressed.

As far as being a sun worshipper. Maybe. But I'm not hiding it behind Jesus. Seems to me that youre the one with the most dogma and the far less open mind.

Roots

Post by Roots »

I wouldnt need to, my garden soil is awesome and only getting better every year.
That's all that really matters is that you're happy with your grow and you try to learn and improve every time.

Learning outdoor growing is harder IMO because you only get one chance to learn from your garden a year and there's lots of factors you have no control over or limited control over.

I disagree about indoor looking better, the majority of outdoor you see on the streets looks like crap, but outdoor can look just as good if not better than indoor.

jesus

Post by jesus »

You must not get many storms over there.

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1317 times
Received Karma : 921 times

Post by Butcher Bob »

Nice dick swingin contest. :p

Did someone say black leaves?...
HfF2-BGF2-058.JPG

Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Munchy Sock since OG lol
Has bestowed Karma : 70 times
Received Karma : 131 times

Post by Jesús Malverde »

OK, after doing a little research it appears some plant species can have purple appearing foliage and at the same time still efficiently photosynthesize. Like healthy variegated foliage though, there will likely be some incremental diminution in photosynthetic efficiency.
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow

Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Post by Jesús Malverde »

Outdoor bud can look as good as prime indoor bud, but requires some good fortune outside the direct control of the grower to achieve. Indoor grows are replicable to a degree that outdoor grows obviously are not. The most obvious advantages of outdoor cultivation are the ability to grow varieties adapted to the tropics that are essentially impossible to bring to their full potential in a grow room. Well that and the whole ecological counterproductivity of growing plants under artificial lights that could in a rational legal environment be properly grown outdoors.
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow

country boy

Post by country boy »

Last edited by country boy on Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Has bestowed Karma : 1751 times
Received Karma : 1537 times

Post by Intrinsic »

Butcher Bob wrote:Nice dick swingin contest. :p

Did someone say black leaves?...
HfF2-BGF2-058.JPG
Hey Bob … how’s your venture in hydro coming along?

Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Post by Jesús Malverde »

Actually most purple leaved plants, like variegated ones, are actually ornamental cultivars bred to accentuate that trait rather than species types.
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow