Grow info
Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1317 times
Received Karma : 921 times

I learned two things this season.

Post by Butcher Bob »

The color you see shows the spectrum of light NOT absorbed....black would indicate all light is bein absorbed, while white (like in a variegated plant) indicates no light is bein absorbed. So purple, red, etc. leaves simply mean the plant is utilizin a different spectrum than a plant with green leaves. This can even be seen in species...cannabis sativa (an equatorial species exposed to maximum light levels) typically has lighter green leaves, while cannabis indica (a non-equatorial species exposed to lesser light levels) typically has darker green leaves.

sockme

Post by sockme »

you are all precisely right what we see isn't real or even close to whats there rather images projected on to these complex 3d screens tht change in front of us all brilliantly orchestrated by a higher power to just fuck with our heads.........good roots are great for good bud but but an even canopy a colas is the key to stackin quality weight indoor or outdoor and gpw is dictates at the last straw inside by how tight ya can pack shit in and still keep it healthy enough to produce a awesome cola with its genes.....I use an nft system and flower in 20 oz cups....I get about a half to and oz a finished plant per cup but in the same square foot as a five gallon pot I can fit about a dozen plants...about 1-2+gpw I can get three with the right haze.....I flower them about a foot to 18in n they finish about 2ft to 2 and a half.......thing is not only do I get way fuckin more weed per square foot blowing up cups n an nft 80 percent or so the total weight is cola on my harvests so my quality just kicks the average growers ass.........I have grown 20 seasons inside n outside nonstop in the dirtiest Soco and I learned some shit and one thing is definite that potentcy varies depending on where it is on the plant well indoors I grow solid colas so theres little if any variation between the top n bottom bud......them lil cups kick ass and have a lil mop a roots streaming in my lil flow of each nft tube....I rotate 48 cups in and out evry two weeks in a 10week cycle n the last two weeks is its own system with just water to flush the active bloom I use almost all wiggler castings n Epsom salt n kelp and I cheat with some gh flouro series salts for a punch.........sue me bitches suck sockme......lol.....I use a perpetual res approach like a fish tank and unless I fuck up I go years without a water change......lol sometimes I use feeder goldfish or skeeter fish as a good sign my water is ok but lately I got a catfish in there n he thrives off errant wiggles caught in the nebula of my system I had a plain old mud catfish live for 6 years in a 90 gallon res lol.....and next im experiment with some aquatic salamanders for a primary predator in a sealed loop aquaponic system cuz these lil bastrds excrete a lot a waiste high in ammonia.........last season I grew with all manure casting n a shitload a bone meal outside n nothing else but some early seagreen innocs cuz I was poor and produced my best herb ever though so anyone who thinks outdoor cant beat indoor is high as fuck ultimately when all skills are dialed in nothing rocks like outside......and for 20 years I have gotten better inside trying to figure out why shit outside kicks so much ass n manipulating the inside to copy it...........tell ya folks the yeti is the bomb......anyone get sillies that grow random in the subsoil lmfao.....Ill show ya the surprises I get under this canopy....lol recycle everything ya faggots are throwing the earth away............ :crazy: smell my finger
Last edited by sockme on Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

sockme

Post by sockme »

I also learned that a raspberry n blackberry pie binge will stain the fuck out the skin around ones butthole ........I know ya may ask why I ever looked there but I was trimming up to look good in the speedoes at the hotsprings with the ladies when I noticed a huge purple ring around my hole that could not be scrubbed off....It faded away over a couple weeks though......funny how ya keep learnin all the time even in your late 30s n piles a kush pushin from behind your eyes.....fuckin find ya some good kush n when ya get the skill to grow it I bet ya stfu about a lot a shit n just get high as fuck for a long time....that's what its all about and what we are looking for right........

Roots

Post by Roots »

Butcher Bob wrote:The color you see shows the spectrum of light NOT absorbed....black would indicate all light is bein absorbed, while white (like in a variegated plant) indicates no light is bein absorbed. So purple, red, etc. leaves simply mean the plant is utilizin a different spectrum than a plant with green leaves. This can even be seen in species...cannabis sativa (an equatorial species exposed to maximum light levels) typically has lighter green leaves, while cannabis indica (a non-equatorial species exposed to lesser light levels) typically has darker green leaves.

You didn't read either of the two links I posted I see, black does not equal all light is being absorbed..your plant turned that color, it didn't start that color.

The main difference between a sativa and indica based on light is leaf width.

Roots

Post by Roots »

Butcher Bob wrote:The color you see shows the spectrum of light NOT absorbed....black would indicate all light is bein absorbed, while white (like in a variegated plant) indicates no light is bein absorbed. So purple, red, etc. leaves simply mean the plant is utilizin a different spectrum than a plant with green leaves. This can even be seen in species...cannabis sativa (an equatorial species exposed to maximum light levels) typically has lighter green leaves, while cannabis indica (a non-equatorial species exposed to lesser light levels) typically has darker green leaves.

You didn't read either of the two links I posted I see, black does not equal all light is being absorbed..your plant turned that color, it didn't start that color.

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1317 times
Received Karma : 921 times

Post by Butcher Bob »

Roots wrote:

True enough, I've only bin followin the thread with mild interest. You are correct, the plant turned that color in the latter half of flower. It wuz part of a comparison grow, testin the difference of breedin two strains, where the sex wuz switched. In this pic the three plants in back are Blueberry x Afghani, and the five in front are Afghani x Blueberry. Conclusion: the male brings the color.:)
HfF2-BGF2-042.JPG

anu
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Has bestowed Karma : 4 times
Received Karma : 16 times

Post by anu »

my highlite of seattle hempfest this yr, was when greta of THCF said ' i have now grown over 35,000 lbs. of pot and we need to hire 15 more growers in the next month"

That same 10,000 watt mother room. There is a 4x4 E&F tray and res, under the thowie with the cheap bat wing (you can see the square shape) surrounded by multiple mothers in 5 gallon buckets. Every one of those are different strains. Some of them in the buckets, I kept bonsai'ed for several years under 27 watt CFL in a closet in 6" pots and under 18" in height. Decided to grow them out to meet changing needs. So I did

Not only can you keep a helthy mother alive for years, bonsai'ed, but you can grow dat shit out of it, big and healty, too.
The notion of collective ownership implies a democratic approach to the utilization of resources - economic democracy.

deran
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: time bandit
Has bestowed Karma : 63 times
Received Karma : 107 times

Post by deran »

i have to say no

the main difference is the amount of chlorophyl, shape follows function

and you are right with your very first post and flowering and photoperiod, namely terpens from the surroundings

you got a female of a strain thats hard / slow to flower ? put a male next to her and speed flowering process up, works especially well if that male is already in its blooming phase, of course with closed bananas

i dont mean ripeness, i mean the onset of female flowers when changing to 12/12, you can save yourself, depending on strain, believe it or not, sometimes 2 - 3 weeks

plants talk to each other, actually fascinating when you think that one organism can read chromosoms from one other individual just by terpen transfer
awoken the right way

anu
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman

Post by anu »

i had one WiFi last year that was Maroon,started out green but by flower time leaves were evenly maroon
The notion of collective ownership implies a democratic approach to the utilization of resources - economic democracy.

anu
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman

Post by anu »

my feral cats gobbling food 3x a day has me believing farmers almanac fear the winter,it's always been feed them 2x a day