I learned two things this season.

Grow info
Roots

Post by Roots »

Again answer the question or just sound like a guy who's getting his feelings hurt because he likes to brag to people about his purple leafs but is being told his purple leafs are a bad thing.

I've been making full melt hash since 2001 and have spent hours in PMs talking to Sam and Chimera...I'm well aware of flavonoids and terpenoids.

Now please answer the question, what do purple fan leafs do that yellow ones don't..?

Roots

Post by Roots »

You live in Colorado, of course you love greenhouse grows..most of Colorado sucks for outdoor growing.

jesus

Post by jesus »

Roots wrote:
Now please answer the question, what do purple fan leafs do that yellow ones don't..?

Purple leaves can be yellow purple or green purple, which one?

Roots

Post by Roots »

Or so dark purple that they look black......the strain that made me make this thread is Girl Scout Cookies...I've ran this cut indoor and outdoor, both seasons I did it outside they started turning purple a good six weeks before they were done, indoors they don't go purple as soon, I know the wind is a big factor in them turning so soon outside, this is one of the few strains I like indoor more than outdoor.....The leafs on the cookies had yellow, green and purple but at the end had dark purple brittle leafs on the plants that got more wind exposure .....thanks for the civil, informative replies Jesus, my days of pissing contest are long gone......all my other strains stayed nice and green and didn't show any yellowing till I cut the food off so I'm pretty sure my methods are sound but think maybe this strain needs a different PH or a different NPK ratio to prolong them from going purple...?...I truly don't know..?

Roots

Post by Roots »

I have two trees in my yard, ones a weeping willow that's turning yellow and the other is an Ash tree that's turning purple...pretty sure the leafs on both trees are changing color for the same reasons.

Roots

Post by Roots »

http://www.emc.maricopa.edu/faculty/far ... ookPS.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jesus

Post by jesus »

You could always try building or planting a wind break. You should know what direction it should face. I dont think I would ever grow outdoors and be in a situation where I could cut the nutrients off.

Our trees are almost devoid of leaves already.

Roots

Post by Roots »

In outdoor organic growing you just stop feeding but that doesn't kill the micro herd or stop decomposition in the soil so the plant is still feeding, it's not like in hydro when you flush and go to straight water....Some outdoor growers are not into feeding at all and add all the amendments at the begging of the grow....yellowing in my opinion is a good thing if it happens the last week or two of flower but I guess that is subjective.

http://chemistry.about.com/library/weekly/aa082602a.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Munchy Sock since OG lol
Has bestowed Karma : 70 times
Received Karma : 131 times

Post by Jesús Malverde »

This makes me a tiny bit nostalgic for the old pissing contests one used to see on dopeboards over methods and genetics. I suppose they still go on like the metaphorical tree falling in the forest but I'm just not there to read them. CJ never does however even try to spell out how purpling is supposed to equate to better plants other than tossing out some buzzwords. Doesn't mean he's wrong, just means he cannot or won't lay it out. Personally I don't think leaf purpling or even some yellowing late in flower makes two shits difference really. I don't want to see either earlier than that however.
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow

Cat Jockey
Stackin' Karma Yo
Stackin' Karma Yo
Custom Title: nOT-a-BoT

Post by Cat Jockey »

Got back from runnin' the doggies in the hills, see I might I have missed a post or two. I'll give them my courteous attention when I get some things taken care of. In the interim, let's roll with it, Roots. You've thrown out all of the qualifications you need to impress the beginners and intermediate growers. Namely:

-I'm from Cali, brah.
-Sure I have an indoor grow - for the suckers. Me, I only smoke outdoor, 'cause unless the light source was the Sun, it just won't be as good, brah.
-OverGrow refugee and poster of grows for 10+ years.
-Male growroom (If you have bred a reproducing stable strain, I'll be impressed - if you are a pollen chucker, I won't be).

So let's roll with it, teach. As your student, protocol dictates I be allowed to raise my hand and ask a question. To tell you where I sit before I tell you where I stand, me likey vertically lit RWDC. As someone who has managed 24 different strains at once, very successfully, one point of nutrient regiments that I am always fascinated in discussing with expert growers, such as yourself - ya know, to pick your brain and enlighten my humble one, is the core regime. Just the basics of the Primary/Secondary/Micro nutrients, no additives or supplements

So Teach, on your indoor big daddy DWC system, let me ask you the following:

-Concerning only your Primary, Secondary and Micro Nutrients, what are the ppm concentrations you mix to for each of the elements (ppms of N, P, K, Ca, etc.), and in what ionic form do you make them available in the rootzone?

-With that base, what do you shoot for as the starting pH of the nutrient solution, and at what pH do you consider that solution spent?

-Would one find a bottle of Cal/Mag in use in your indoor hydroponic or dirt systems?

I can answer all of those questions for my grows. And I'm gonna tell you right now, teach, your response to those questions will determine whether or not I am going to get up and walk out of your classroom, shaking my head ...
One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide stupidity, there ain't nothing can beat teamwork.

-Seldom Seen Smith