led grows

Grow info
jesus

led grows

Post by jesus »

The initial investment isnt cheaper though. Although it will be made up over the life of the leds with electricity and with better harvests,

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: Turbine Powered Toker
Has bestowed Karma : 521 times
Received Karma : 217 times

led grows

Post by WhiteHotAfterburner »

jesus wrote:Now this is full power. 5000 blinding watts. Dance bitches! Ok so it's just 5w.

Maybe tomorrow I will take this apart and finish it.

8/10 C99 and 5/10 AK47 have sprouted so far. I think the AK were buried deeper.

:emp:

Peace
PIC_0291.JPG
Brilliant! :winky:

I see you're not shrink-tubing any of the connections. Do you plan to as the assembly becomes more complete?

:puffpass:

:wave:,
WHAB

jesus

led grows

Post by jesus »

All 4 blues are now mounted, wired, and light up. burning in at full power for a while while I go babysit. when I get back I am going to do the 8 reds.

Nah no heat shrink. I'd have to desolder everything. If I have to I will just use some electrical tape. dont think there will be any problems tho. Other than it wont be the prettiest built light. It's ok though I'm no designer/engineer. I just want the things under the light to be pretty. ;)

For your viewing pleasure.
PIC_0297.JPG

arb
Karma Whore
Karma Whore
Custom Title: 4/5's tarded
Has bestowed Karma : 119 times
Received Karma : 78 times

led grows

Post by arb »

jesus wrote:From what I have seen, it takes about 60% of the wattage in LED to equal an HPS. So about 40% savings.

250w of high power LEDs blows 400w of HPS away. It is also easier to get over that gram per watt benchmark.

Peace
That has yet to be seen,I'll be surprised if ya don't burn the joint down.
:mrgreen:
Vaya con Dios HB

jesus

led grows

Post by jesus »

I have seen it multiple times on diff forums. Besides mine is only 60w (for now) :D

Peace.

ps - 9/10 c99 now, 6/10 ak47

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

jesus wrote:All 4 blues are now mounted, wired, and light up. burning in at full power for a while while I go babysit. when I get back I am going to do the 8 reds.

Nah no heat shrink. I'd have to desolder everything. If I have to I will just use some electrical tape. dont think there will be any problems tho. Other than it wont be the prettiest built light. It's ok though I'm no designer/engineer. I just want the things under the light to be pretty. ;)

For your viewing pleasure.
PIC_0297.JPG
You wouldn't have to "desolder everything" IF shrink tube was planned into the assembly prior to the fact :winky:

Remember, you, a human I'll presume :winky:, has to work around these unprotected terminations sometimes daily during the their months of use...

I'm not raggin on ya, jesus. I'm trying to help and mean no offense...

WHAB

jesus

led grows

Post by jesus »

I know you're not. If I had wanted it I would have planned it is all. I did electronics for a living and then electrician so its not like I'm unfamiliar with heat shrink. My main objective was as cheap as possible. This ruled out the fineries like heat shrink. :D

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Right on! Carry on! :D

jesus wrote:I know you're not. If I had wanted it I would have planned it is all. I did electronics for a living and then electrician so its not like I'm unfamiliar with heat shrink. My main objective was as cheap as possible. This ruled out the fineries like heat shrink. :D
Right on!

Carry on!

I'm quite interested in how the grow turns out more than I am the assemblies prior to :winky:

I wish you all the best, man! :tup:

WHAB

jesus

led grows

Post by jesus »

So I had all the reds wired and mounted. Then I start thinking where will I mount this resistor and LM317? Never figured it out and went back to work. Totally forgot about them and just kept working away. All the way to wiring them up to the power supply and plugging it in.

WOW! - I thought. The reds are really fucking bright!

Sigh. Thats because there was at least 2000mA going thru them. One red dead. One running really dim.

Back to Mouser.com to order some more. Sigh.

Here's what it looks like now.
PIC_0301.JPG
I almost thought I would get it complete without doing something stupid. When theres no weed to smoke I work too fast. :mrgreen:

ben ttech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: godisnotwhite.com
Has bestowed Karma : 400 times
Received Karma : 249 times

led grows

Post by ben ttech »

i know how that goes...
"disaster is the mother of necessity" rSin