led grows

Grow info
jesus

led grows

Post by jesus »

BTW: You could make out the light footprint on the wall 7 feet away with a cfl on in the background.

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: Turbine Powered Toker
Has bestowed Karma : 521 times
Received Karma : 217 times

led grows

Post by WhiteHotAfterburner »

jesus wrote:Going to drill some holes thru the first fins and hang it by chain.
Symmetrical and evenly spaced, I hope :winky:
jesus wrote:BTW: You could make out the light footprint on the wall 7 feet away with a cfl on in the background.
I went and looked at the pictures again and then thought 'no I can't'. I can't make out the footprint on the wall 7 feet away with a cfl on in the background....I don't see it at all :roflmao:

:roflmao:

Look forward to seein it!

:puffpass:

:wave:,
WHAB

jesus

led grows

Post by jesus »

It was a picture I was going to take and didnt. Maybe I should have worded it differently.

jesus

led grows

Post by jesus »

It is close enough to finished to say it is. So without further adieu...the J-Light 115.

also it looks more bent up in the photo than it really is but I did it with no bending tools. And after the rest of it was built it made fitting it even harder.

tada

The hood makes it 10" tall, 8.5" wide, 6" deep and 2" of reflector hanging below the heatsink.
J-light.jpeg

arb
Karma Whore
Karma Whore
Custom Title: 4/5's tarded
Has bestowed Karma : 119 times
Received Karma : 78 times

led grows

Post by arb »

Love it,so how long till ya actually get a plant under them?
Vaya con Dios HB

jesus

led grows

Post by jesus »

I dunno, 2 hours ago? Had plants under CFLs for a long time. Then I ran that light with the crippled LEDs until the new ones got here.

Theres some gay bagseed and a Jack Herer in there now.

I'll get a growlog going soon I hope.

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

led grows

jesus wrote:It is close enough to finished to say it is. So without further adieu...the J-Light 115.

also it looks more bent up in the photo than it really is but I did it with no bending tools. And after the rest of it was built it made fitting it even harder.

tada

The hood makes it 10" tall, 8.5" wide, 6" deep and 2" of reflector hanging below the heatsink.
J-light.jpeg
Ya even named it :p :mrgreen:

I would have expected something with a little bit more of a flare to it (I mean flare not flair :winky:) ? Isn't that going to reduce the available light being straight walled like you have it?

Otherwise, great job!

Getter growin :toker1:

:puffpass:

:wave:,
WHAB

jesus

led grows

Post by jesus »

Not too much light even hits the reflector at 2". Check the picture with the paper next to it. My usable space is only 2' wide and just over a foot deep anyway. I think the lack of flare will actually help keep a nice tight light footprint in my small space.

Pics will be up of a grow soon in a new thread. You guys will see then how small it is and how the light is covering it. A cat ate 5 of my c99 seedlings and used about 3 of his own lives. I have 4 c99 seedlings left. Not even my cat dammit!

I am debating trying to flower whats in there now or just starting from scratch with the AK and 99 and doing a grow from beginning to end. The plants in there now kind of look like crap from switching lights, cat eating the leaves, P def's etc. I really havent been paying them much attention lately and theyve been in flower for about 3 weeks.

Im leaning towards a new grow, front to back.

Also keep in mind LEDs grow plants differently. They use less water and nutes and theres less heat. I have to learn how to grow with this light. Right now this light is better than I am but I was better than the 5*42w CFLs. Get me?

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

led grows

jesus wrote:Not too much light even hits the reflector at 2". Check the picture with the paper next to it. My usable space is only 2' wide and just over a foot deep anyway. I think the lack of flare will actually help keep a nice tight light footprint in my small space.
You're absolutely right....that picture shows it nicely, thanks.
jesus wrote:Pics will be up of a grow soon in a new thread. You guys will see then how small it is and how the light is covering it. A cat ate 5 of my c99 seedlings and used about 3 of his own lives. I have 4 c99 seedlings left. Not even my cat dammit!
When I read "8.5" wide, 6" deep" as the dimensions of your light I wondered if it might have been a typo. I guess not :winky: One side of your sheet-metal hood is larger than the light :winky:
jesus wrote:I am debating trying to flower whats in there now or just starting from scratch with the AK and 99 and doing a grow from beginning to end. The plants in there now kind of look like crap from switching lights, cat eating the leaves, P def's etc. I really havent been paying them much attention lately and theyve been in flower for about 3 weeks.

Im leaning towards a new grow, front to back.

Also keep in mind LEDs grow plants differently. They use less water and nutes and theres less heat. I have to learn how to grow with this light. Right now this light is better than I am but I was better than the 5*42w CFLs. Get me?
I got'cha. Either way you decide I'll be interested in following it...

Take care, Pres.,
WHAB

A Bloke Down The Pub
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Shaman to the Gentry

led grows

Post by A Bloke Down The Pub »

:tup:
Looks like a good start.

Taking a plant through flowering with them?