led grows

Grow info
jesus

led grows

Post by jesus »

Anyone checked them out lately? I have seen some growers using half the usual watts and getting HPS equivalent grows and using HPS equivalent wattage and getting 2+ g/w. No shit.

I have in my possession 12 five watt LEDs in 2 different shades of red and one shade of blue. I might end up with 5 blues to 8 reds just because I can get one more on that power supply. I am still waiting on a few parts but stay tuned bitches.
Last edited by jesus on Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jesus

led grows

Post by jesus »

Notice the single die emitter?

These are all 1000 mA LEDs also. And if anyone cares the chosen wavelengths are 660nm (deep red), 625nm (red), and 460nm (blue).

I will prolly grow out some joey weed c99 and ak-47 under this since I was right about swiss bliss just being a copy of c99 and Prawn never sent the seeds. I went ahead and ordered a better copy of c99 from joeys weed and ak-47 from him too. I also have Jack Herer from original breeder.

This is still only 60w but prepare to be amazed. It should look more like a 120w HPS.

Stay tuned bitches.

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Has bestowed Karma : 1751 times
Received Karma : 1535 times

led grows

Post by Intrinsic »

Sweet, I’ll tune in.
What’s on the die besides the led, ballest? Do the link/wire together easily, is that why the star shape? I’m shy to ask the cost of those lamps. Closeout discount?

Nice fingerprints yours?

jesus

led grows

Post by jesus »

Nothing on the die but the LED. I have one DC power supply for the reds and one for the blues. Thats just how it worked out. I will have to solder wire onto the pads connect it to the LM317 driver and a resistor to regulate the current coming from the psu's. The LEDs were something like $9 each @ Mouser.com.

Ya those are my fingerprints. Do you have the technology?

Sun
Kosmic Karma
Kosmic Karma
Custom Title: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

led grows

Post by Sun »

I've never seen people using 5 watt lights....I have two cheap pannels that use a bunch of 1/2 watt lights and they suck ass even for veg......I have a spot light that has a 3 watt light that works about as good as the ones cops use to light you up.

Getting out of the shower to take a shit is like getting out of your car to order at the drive-thru.

jesus

led grows

Post by jesus »

I havent seen a panel that works use anything less than lots of 1w diodes. I have seen five 15w LEDs, 4 red and 1 blue. grow some decent plants. An array of those would be nice but they run about $25 each. Arrays of 100 or so 1w or 3w LEDs have to be moved up a lot to keep from bleaching the leaves. LEDs have grown up a lot. First a small array. Then a bigger, more sophisticated one.

I hope I can still solder. Going to have to practice first I guess.

dill786

led grows

Post by dill786 »

hi jesus,

long time no see..

looks cool :) cant wait for an update :)

ben ttech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: godisnotwhite.com
Has bestowed Karma : 385 times
Received Karma : 240 times

led grows

Post by ben ttech »

wonder if led light is greater penetration due to being more cogent?
"disaster is the mother of necessity" rSin

jesus

led grows

Post by jesus »

Dill, welcome brother.

Ben I am not sure you what you mean.

ben ttech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: godisnotwhite.com
Has bestowed Karma : 385 times
Received Karma : 240 times

led grows

Post by ben ttech »

HID lighting has a decay rate; useful lumens are halfed as distance from the bulb doubles...
i was wonder if LED light had a lower decay rate
"disaster is the mother of necessity" rSin