Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Munchy Sock since OG lol
Has bestowed Karma : 71 times
Received Karma : 131 times

Fucking kush is a killer

Post by Jesús Malverde »

Once your state/province legalizes, you'll have a choice of many to select from.
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 420 times
Received Karma : 517 times

Fucking kush is a killer

Post by Prawn Connery »

A Bloke Down The Pub wrote:
Jesús Malverde wrote:Soil. It's really the smart way to go, unless you like a challenge.
Personally, I'd recommend coco rather than soil.
Feels like soil, grows like hydro.
Ditto - best of both worlds. Grows organic (if you use organic-based nutrients) with the speed of hydro. Doesn't dry out like other hydro media, either. It's saved my arse many, many times when I've had pump and timer failures. If I'd been using rockwool or hydroton, my plants would have dried out after a few hours and died.

Is Kush really that strong? Say, stronger than Sensi Star? The indica pheno Sensi Star would be the strongest indica I've grown. Admittedly, I've always been a sativa diva.
Licensed to Krill

Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Munchy Sock since OG lol
Has bestowed Karma : 71 times
Received Karma : 131 times

Fucking kush is a killer

Post by Jesús Malverde »

Re potency of various lines: it's been interesting to be able to go to stores here in Washington State and browse results of quantitative analysis by certified labs in the form of labeling applied to many of the lines we once could rate only based on subjective anecdotal reports. The highest empirical test numbers I've seen here are for a Blue Dream line at over 27 per cent THC (pretty amazing IMO), most of the best known lines sold test out in the teens or low twenties. The state MMJ product in place here prior to rec MJ being legal were lacking these standardized analytic data, as are the flower you can buy over the counter in the Netherlands, so this is really my first time seeing objective numbers in place of sales hype and word of mouth. Of course there's more to cannabis than simple numbers can describe, there are real qualitative differences in the effects of various lines that aren't captured even by a quantitative analysis with a THC-CBD-CBN breakdown. I've currently got some C99 for instance that tests out at 18.3% THC, but hits you with a nice floaty body high that the BD at 27% lacks, and the effects of the C99 also last significantly longer than the BD, neither difference being reflected in the numbers. The C99 also seems to have a significantly higher ceiling than the BD--another meaningful difference that isn't amenable to being expressed in a few numbers. Subjectively, I'd rate the Sensi Star I grew outdoors as right up there with the best I've sampled before or since--it was *strong* by any standard, but of course it was a very body heavy indica buzz as opposed to the headier sativa high I generally prefer.
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 420 times
Received Karma : 517 times

Fucking kush is a killer

Post by Prawn Connery »

Yeah, people forget that CBD, CBN et al counter THC, which affects the length and ceiling of the high - just as you describe. It doesn't surprise me what you say about Blue Dream, as I've always found Blue strains to have short-lasting highs and lower ceilings than other sativa doms. Pleasant enough smoke, but doesn't give you that soaring, rocket-ship high like a good haze, or that stoned-to-the-bone feeling of a good indica dom like, say, Sensi Star. One of the strongest strains I've tried is an old skunk clone that gets around my parts that's been around maybe 20 years now. It's strong, but also has a real nasty, paranoid high. Not my cup of tea. My old Sensi Star has been known to knock seasoned smokers on their arse after a few drinks - myself included.
Licensed to Krill

MadMoonMan
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: nOT-a-BoT
Has bestowed Karma : 15 times
Received Karma : 231 times

Fucking kush is a killer

Post by MadMoonMan »

Hey I've smoked some of the best. Bud. ..

sets boots
Just because I can't spell misanthrope doesn't mean I'm completely stupid.