Grow Log - And So It Begins!

Shrooms and related goodies
Hax
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: TrollMod™

Post by Hax »

We are blessed to have pretty plenteous Psilocybes in the field here for the picking. I have a friend who has some pasture acreage that doesn't seem to have any. Is there any possible way to introduce the common local Psilocybe onto a piece of ground it hasn't already colonised?
Click here for free iPod! > http://myplanetganja.com/ucp.php?i=unsubcribe&mode=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A Bloke Down The Pub
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Shaman to the Gentry

Post by A Bloke Down The Pub »

Hax wrote:We are blessed to have pretty plenteous Psilocybes in the field here for the picking. I have a friend who has some pasture acreage that doesn't seem to have any. Is there any possible way to introduce the common local Psilocybe onto a piece of ground it hasn't already colonised?
Well, provided the new habitat is roughly the same you might be able to transfer a patch of turf from one to the other.

Otherwise, you could culture them and make some spawn to spread around the uncolonised land.

What species do you get there? Most can be grown out on straw or other fairly simple substrates.

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: world where everone gets
Has bestowed Karma : 1668 times
Received Karma : 1063 times

Post by rSin »

yep
the intolerance of the old order is emerging from the rosy mist in which it has hitherto been obscured.

Hax
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: TrollMod™

Post by Hax »

The ubiquitous Northern temperate Psilocybe semilanceata. So finding a mycillium mass (presumably directly below a bunch of fruiting mushrooms) and digging up the whole thing to transplant is the most likely and direct means? The fact that it is wild, common and widespread suggests to me it might not need a whole lot of help or encouragement.
Click here for free iPod! > http://myplanetganja.com/ucp.php?i=unsubcribe&mode=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A Bloke Down The Pub
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Hax wrote:So finding a mycillium mass (presumably directly below a bunch of fruiting mushrooms) and digging up the whole thing to transplant is the most likely and direct means?
It's certainly the easiest. :bong4:
I think the best strategy would probably be to germinate some spores on agar, use that to spawn some pasteurised straw, then use the straw to spawn the area where you want the mushrooms to grow.

To be honest, I've not seen any succesful transfers of semilanceata between areas and only a couple of experimental indoor grows (which didn't fruit very well).

jesus

Post by jesus »

Are those petri dish lids? Maybe try those old prints on agar? That plastic gets pretty hot though. Maybe that and time killed them. No dunk and roll? Nice fruits though B. Didnt know you grew these.

A Bloke Down The Pub
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

jesus wrote:Are those petri dish lids?
Half are dishes, half are lids. :mrgreen:
Maybe try those old prints on agar?
Maybe, but agar work requires more cleanliness than I can usually be bothered with. :p
That plastic gets pretty hot though. Maybe that and time killed them.
I'm suspecting there may also be stuff released from the plastic over time that isn't good for them.
The first couple of prints I used were fine, but they'd only been in plastic for a couple of weeks.
No dunk and roll? Nice fruits though B. Didnt know you grew these.
No, sometimes I'll case the top of the cake, but my needs are modest so I usually go for the "just dump them out & wait" method. :mrgreen:

jesus

Post by jesus »

Ya I dont think I can fault your method. :mrgreen:

[image]http://www.myplanetganja.com/download/f ... d=4143&t=1[/image]

jesus

Post by jesus »

I have a friend who has some pasture acreage that doesn't seem to have any. Is there any possible way to introduce the common local Psilocybe onto a piece of ground it hasn't already colonised?
If there are any animals in pasture you just contaminate their food with spores. Everything comes out ready to grow that way...

jesus

Post by jesus »

[image]http://www.myplanetganja.com/download/f ... d=3930&t=1[/image]

What I found interesting, other than your nice pictures, was that they go from the far right to full grown and add no new cells. They are just water penises.

hehehe