One for Marabou.

The arena for political discussions about current events
Dick Hertz
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: WikiFreak

One for Marabou.

Post by Dick Hertz »

I'm sure you've been following Mulroney's testimony.
They were investigating him for taking kickbacks but he didn't think those envelopes stuffed with cash, that he failed to declare, would be considered kickbacks.
What a joke.
I can't believe that he didn't even end up paying the full amount of taxes due on his illegal kickbacks, and now I learn that we have to pay his legal fees for appearing at this inquiry.
It's enough to make you want to smoke a joint.

Maribou Stork
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: Nightmares
Has bestowed Karma : 21 times
Received Karma : 34 times

One for Marabou.

Post by Maribou Stork »

We have been able to catch some of the inquiry on the CBC while having lunch at work. The others would probably change the channel but fortunately the only other station that comes in on rabbit ears carries "The View"....so I gets to watch/listen for an hour, while most doze or mildly complain about the $16 million cost (and growing) of the Oliphant Inquiry. I had to inform our openly Conservative Party supporters that it was Mulroney who insisted on a full public inquiry and Harper that gave it to him.

Mulroney actually seems to believe his rationals exonerate his actions. He is delusional if he thinks his feeble excuses will have us agree that he “never knowingly done anything wrong in my entire life”
Maribou Stork

Maribou Stork
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: Nightmares
Has bestowed Karma : 21 times
Received Karma : 34 times

Canadians think Oliphant Inquiry poor use of tax dollars

Post by Maribou Stork »

This could turn into quite the tar baby for Harper.

http://www.nikonthenumbers.com/topics/show/128/29243
The most recent National Nanos poll revealed that, overall, Canadians are divided on the necessity of the inquiry into the business affairs of Karlheinz Schreiber and former Prime Minister Brian Mulroney. Although most regions displayed similar perspectives, Ontarians were more likely to believe that the inquiry is not necessary (net necessity score of -9).

Canadians were also asked to rate the inquiry in terms of whether or not it is a good use of tax dollars. Canadians overwhelmingly believed that the inquiry is a poor use of tax dollars (net score of -48). Of note, the trend noted above concerning Ontarians’ resistance to the inquiry presented itself again for this question. Those living in Ontario were more likely to consider the inquiry as a poor use of tax dollars (net score of -57).

Methodology Polling between April 25 and April 30, 2009. (Random Telephone Survey of 1,001 Canadians, 18 years of age and older). A survey of 1,001 Canadians is accurate to within 3.1 percentage points, plus or minus, 19 times out of 20.

Necessity of Inquiry Question: As you may know, there is currently an inquiry into the business affairs of German businessman Karlheinz Schreiber and former Prime Minister Brian Mulroney. On a scale of 1 to 5 where 1 is not at all necessary and 5 is very necessary, how necessary is this inquiry?

Canada

1 (Not at all necessary) 23%
2 - 11%
3 - 20%
4 - 13%
5 (Very necessary) 26%
(*Note: Unsure 7%)
Net Scores

Canada: +5
Atlantic Canada: +15
Quebec: +10
Ontario: -9
Western Canada: +9
Net scores are calculated by subtracting those who rated the inquiry as 1 (not at all necessary) or 2, from those who rated the inquiry as 4 or 5(very necessary).

Use of Tax Dollars: As you may know, there is currently an inquiry into the business affairs of German businessman Karlheinz Schreiber and former Prime Minister Brian Mulroney. It is estimated that the inquiry will cost $14 million. On a scale of 1 to 5 where 1 is a very poor use of tax dollars and 5 is a very good use of tax dollars, how would you rate the use of tax dollars for this inquiry?

Canada

1 (Very poor use of tax dollars) 45%
2 – 18%
3 – 18%
4 – 8%
5 (Very good use of tax dollars) 7%
(*Note: Unsure 5%)
Net Scores

Canada: -48
Atlantic Canada: -44
Quebec: -47
Ontario: -57
Western Canada: -41
Net scores are calculated by subtracting those who rated the inquiry as 1(very poor use of tax dollars) or 2, from those who rated the inquiry as 4 or 5 (very good use of tax dollars).

What do you think?

Cheers, NJN
Maribou Stork