Karma Shaman
Custom Title: memento mori
Has bestowed Karma : 974 times
Received Karma : 765 times

The END of cannabis forums....

Post by dill786 »

bentech wrote:
Oldjoints wrote:
bentech wrote:surviving institutions are usually pale shadows of what was targeted...
You mean like this? : https://web.archive.org/web/20080416232 ... ganja.com/
:winky:
wow, thats a trip
id forgotten about shipperke!
i was thinking about spiritual g that other day, not seen him in years...
Kuchisabishii

smokebreaks
The Big Cheese
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: High Society Stoner
Has bestowed Karma : 184 times
Received Karma : 341 times

Post by smokebreaks »

Oldjoints wrote:
Jesús Malverde wrote:Real sleaze move by Gad to steal all our self-authored content from his site, transparently lie about it, and keep it to himself for no purpose. Full Shabang-level of haughtily entitled flakiness of the sort that has cursed the community for years. Smokes deserves full credit for not following Gad's self-absorbed flake/dick path here.
Smokebreaks was always on the level with me and everyone else that I have seen. This site was never about him, it was always about the community.
No thanks are needed my friends.

MPG might not be the be all end all destination on the internet like a new fangled Facebook for stoner millenials but I’m not exactly sure who’s putting all these resources into the corporate side of the industry these days.

I’m always interested progress if it were a concern they would’ve called on me by now but then even a lot of like the cool kids of instagrams are showin themselves smoking blunts and being paid as influencers or monetizing their content of travels and who knows what.

Tunes are being sung a little different these days.
GOVERNMENT WARNING: Marijuana use can cause complex thoughts leading to better ideas of how to live your life. Caution, free thinking has been routinely reported with continued use.

Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Munchy Sock since OG lol
Has bestowed Karma : 71 times
Received Karma : 131 times

Post by Jesús Malverde »

One thing I'd like to see is a cannabis site built on a sorta BeerAdvocate template where people share their legal tasting and grow experiences and even attempt to quantitatively rate them. Within a ten minute bike ride, I can probably buy perhaps two hundred different types of flower at the stores at any given moment, and it's always changing. It's quite analogous to the craft beer or wine scene where there, again hundreds (thousands?) of often ephemerally stocked choices and, as it is impossible to try everything. Some honest, quantified consensus-building and anecdotal subjective reports could help people navigate this chaotic market. There are people trying to fill this space obviously, but nothing impressive to me and home growers are generally ignored or completely segregated. Growers and purchasers should have a place to share. Once the federal legal environment relaxes enough to allow interstate commerce between states where the business is legal, we won't be confined to product only from growers in our own states—like beer or wine already is— and then a resource that people trust for impartial information can really fulfill its potential.
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow

Oldjoints

Post by Oldjoints »

The problem is as Smoke briefly mentioned and that is that a lot of people now see this movement as a means of monetary gain.
My biggest fear is that someone like Phillip Morris, Burpee or Monsanto get their hands in the mix and slowly maintains control of the genetic lines. As long as there is independent growers we can assure that doesn’t happen.

Dick Fein
Karma Jackpot
Karma Jackpot
Custom Title: Wiki Freak

Post by Dick Fein »

I have recently joined a slew of Cannabis related Facebook pages and it's both nostalgic and a little Hellish because there are so many newbies making the same mistakes we all made and there are incredible opportunities to be found there. I am getting ads for concentrates and delivery services and I believe Facebook is going to be the largest Cannabis Forum despite its obvious flaws.

bentech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: eye the witch Melancholy
Has bestowed Karma : 33 times
Received Karma : 28 times

Post by bentech »

my contention for a long time has been that much of the 'seed trading' which went on 15 years ago was the spreading of genetics which major corperations will claim to own down the road...

the climate in the courts will allow this without a wimper
"we must strive to become good ancestors" nader
https://www.myplanetganja.com/viewforum.php?f=48
FUCK jimmydorecomedy.com