roller24
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 331 times
Received Karma : 493 times

Poor aussies

Post by roller24 »

https://tutanota.com/blog/posts/austral ... ance-bill/
Australia: Unprecedented surveillance bill rushed through parliament in 24 hours.
Australian police can now hack your device, collect or delete your data, take over your social media accounts - all without a judge's warrant.

ben ttech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: godisnotwhite.com
Has bestowed Karma : 385 times
Received Karma : 240 times

Poor aussies

Post by ben ttech »

damn...

what brought that on?
"disaster is the mother of necessity" rSin

roller24
Karma God
Karma God

Poor aussies

Post by roller24 »

I think maybe the Trucker strike which happened on 8/31. It was blocked out of social and media. The protest was planned on TikTok and other socials. It looks like the truckies prevailed for now, but maybe the aus gov, is avoiding any future dissent.
Screenshot_20210901-075432.png
Screenshot_20210901-075329.png
Screenshot_20210901-075228.png
Screenshot_20210901-083622.png

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: world where everone gets
Has bestowed Karma : 1668 times
Received Karma : 1063 times

Poor aussies

Post by rSin »

news blackout of a labor action?!?!
the intolerance of the old order is emerging from the rosy mist in which it has hitherto been obscured.

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 417 times
Received Karma : 511 times

Poor aussies

Post by Prawn Connery »

LOL! Why do I feel like I'm being trolled :innocent:

So there was no media coverage of the truckers' strike here in Australia?

Google (and 27 million Australians who knew about it) say otherwise. I'm not going to teach you how to use Google, roller.

Or maybe it was because the so-called "nationwide strike" never eventuated beyond blocking a couple of roads for a few hours in Sydney?

Again, Google is your friend.
Licensed to Krill

roller24
Karma God
Karma God

Poor aussies

Post by roller24 »

Dude On 8/31 I googled, binged and duckduckd.. and only result was a short article about a bridge that was blocked in a previous July event. And one result from 8/29 about the protest being planned.
I regoogled this morning and got much more.
I was hoping you would chime in and give is a local perspective. So yes you were being trolled, but not maliciously.
Capture.PNG

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Poor aussies

Post by Prawn Connery »

Haha! I think the reason you didn't find much on the day is because, as I mentioned, it was a fizzer. It's not that the media didn't report it – in fact, we were all warned to stock up on essential items in case it affected us – but the simple fact that the planned strike didn't eventuate to much.

Initially Toll company drivers were going to strike to protest employee conditions. Some other truckies decided it would be a good time to join that protest to turn it into an anti-lockdown event. But hardly any truckies turned up on the day so nothing really happened. A few roads were blocked for a couple of hours and that was it – no nation-wide strike and hardly any news.

As for 4chan being a reliable source of info. . . well.

It never ceases to amaze me that the hard Right refers to the Left as "snowflakes" and the like, and yet every Chicken Little conspiracy theory seems to originate from the Right. Everything from "They're stealing our election!" to "The Communist are coming to get us!"

And the conspiracy theorists STILL don't believe the science behind covid, global warming, space travel etc. I just don't get it. People will believe the earth is flat but refuse to believe there's a new virus in circulation that kills people.

I'm not saying that's you, roller, I'm just saying that wacky conspiracy theories appear (to me, at least) to be the sole domain of the hard Right. Perhaps there are examples of wacky conspiracy theories on the Left, but I can't think of any off the top of my head.
Licensed to Krill

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Poor aussies

Post by Prawn Connery »

The other legislation you posted is a worry, and yes I am concerned about it.

But would it surprise you that the only political party here that opposed the legislation was The Greens? They are the mainstream Leftist environmental party in this country (the Australian Labor Party is nominally Left, but not really) and has more of a social conscience than just about any other party.

The conservatives are the fucking worst when it comes to spying on people and pushing their moral religious agenda. If I'm left of centre then it's by default.
Licensed to Krill

roller24
Karma God
Karma God

Poor aussies

Post by roller24 »

THanks for the info.
/pol/ is a cesspool of hate, but a good hub for what's happening around the globe, as it has a wide user base geographically speaking.
I don't mind trolling the NatSocs either.

As far as conspiracy theories go, I've primarily focused on the Secret Societies subverting nations to advance the NWO and Global Banking/Corp cartel. Which can arguably be taken out of the flat earth/zeta/niburu wtf column.

So I vote for whomever I determine is least aligned with the UN. I don't understand why the States, which were Chartered as individual sovereigns, have now taken on two federalized government entities. Originally, as we all know, the federal enclave existed only to govern the enumerated powers surrendered to it from the States. 200+ years of usurpation, and now most Americans view their State as if it were a county not a country.
Then as a whole we make the same arrangement with the UN, and seem to think that the process will not repeat.

Sadly, the only candidate who fit my bill as of late was Trump. Before him, Perot perhaps. Trump may be a shitty person, but his policies were much more aligned with my world view than anyone else who has come down the pike.

I would have loved to see Tulsi Gabbard take the primaries in 2020, but I think it was a leftist conspiracy theory about her being a Russian asset by Hillary Clinton and leftist CNN that finished her off. So, no prawn, it's not always from the right wing.

Roots

Poor aussies

Post by Roots »

Trump didn’t have polices, he just pandered to the right...the “man” stands for absolutely nothing.

If Biden wasn’t your choice you should have just abstained.