I've Held My Tongue - Democrat Voters, You Did This...Afghanistan!

The arena for political discussions about current events
Oldjoints
good karma
good karma
Has bestowed Karma : 23 times
Received Karma : 186 times

Post by Oldjoints »

Here is some reading on the subject to those interested:

https://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/McCarthyism

roller24
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 331 times
Received Karma : 493 times

Post by roller24 »

Butcher Bob wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:41 am
Is it really ransom to get back what has been stolen from you? US and UK have a nasty habit of stealing the monetary assets from countries whose leadership we don't like...so I'd say it is we who are holding the ransom.
Screenshot_20210901-085204.png

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1317 times
Received Karma : 921 times

Post by Butcher Bob »

^^^Fukkers should all be prosecuted under RICO for their organized theft ring....but that will never happen because...AMERIKA!!! :facepalm:

smokebreaks wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:30 pm
roller24 wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:34 pm
Butcher Bob wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:32 pm
...when the government issues new T-bills to pay maturing T-bills, they are not paying off debt. It merely changes the terms of the debt and/or who the debt holder is.
This is more like a balloon loan. where the principal is static and you pay the interest every year.
We call that "interest only"...
All three are different...
A balloon loan requires monthly P&I payments, and the loan balance is paid at maturity.
An interest only loan requires monthly accrued interest payments, and the entire loan is paid at maturity.
T-bills have future interest discounted from the loan, no monthly payments are made, and the entire loan is paid at maturity.

roller24
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 331 times
Received Karma : 493 times

Post by roller24 »

:smoke: I would bet you are a very organized person. I myself, have clutter that abounds.
I always appreciate your intelligent approach to the details, whilst I sling BS and see what sticks.
Maybe I should be a politician

Roots

Post by Roots »

I should try that approach, just sling shit and see what sticks.....never thought of that one.

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1317 times
Received Karma : 921 times

Post by Butcher Bob »

Pretty cluttered myself as well....just have a knack for math/accounting/finance. :p

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: world where everone gets
Has bestowed Karma : 1668 times
Received Karma : 1063 times

Post by rSin »

i dont think many of us here were in support of invading aftanistan, let alone iraq

but cheney had kbr to save and as head of the army had reorganized it so that it couldnt go to work without services that only kbr's halliburton was equipped to supply

nice robbery if you can pull it off

and someone always does
from our low life capital of the world...
the intolerance of the old order is emerging from the rosy mist in which it has hitherto been obscured.

ben ttech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: godisnotwhite.com
Has bestowed Karma : 389 times
Received Karma : 240 times

Post by ben ttech »

WhiteHotAfterburner wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:51 pm

Please provide us with the names of these "many innocent Americans" of Joe "McCarthy's witch hunts".

thanks oldjoints!

Victims of McCarthyism

It is difficult to estimate the number of victims of McCarthyism. The number imprisoned is in the hundreds, and some ten or twelve thousand lost their jobs.[40] In many cases, simply being subpoenaed by HUAC or one of the other committees was sufficient cause to be fired.[41] Many of those who were imprisoned, lost their jobs or were questioned by committees did in fact have a past or present connection of some kind with the Communist Party. But for the vast majority, both the potential for them to do harm to the nation and the nature of their communist affiliation were tenuous.[42] Suspected homosexuality was also a common cause to be targeted by McCarthyism. According to some scholars, this resulted in more persecutions than did alleged connection with Communism.[43]

In the film industry, over 300 actors, authors and directors were denied work in the U.S. through the unofficial Hollywood blacklist. Blacklists were at work throughout the entertainment industry, in universities and schools at all levels, in the legal profession, and in many other fields. A port security program initiated by the Coast Guard shortly after the start of the Korean War required a review of every maritime worker who loaded or worked aboard any American ship, regardless of cargo or destination. As with other loyalty-security reviews of McCarthyism, the identities of any accusers and even the nature of any accusations were typically kept secret from the accused. Nearly 3,000 seamen and longshoremen lost their jobs due to this program alone.[44]

A few of the more famous people who were blacklisted or suffered some other persecution during McCarthyism are listed here:

Elmer Bernstein, composer and conductor[45]
Charlie Chaplin, actor[45]
Aaron Copland, composer[45]
Bartley Crum, attorney[46]
Jules Dassin, director[45]
W.E.B. DuBois, civil rights activist and author[47]
Howard Fast, author[48]
Lee Grant, actress[45]
Dashiell Hammett, author[45]
Lillian Hellman, playwright[45]
John Hubley, animator[45]
Langston Hughes, author[49]
Sam Jaffe, actor[45]
Gypsy Rose Lee, actress[50]
Philip Loeb, actor[51]
Joseph Losey, director[45]
Burgess Meredith, actor[50]
Arthur Miller, playwright and essayist[50]
Zero Mostel, actor[45]
Clifford Odets, author[45]
J. Robert Oppenheimer, physicist, "father of the atomic bomb"[52]
Linus Pauling, chemist, winner of two Nobel prizes[53]
Paul Robeson, actor, athlete, singer, author, political and civil rights activist[54]
Edward G. Robinson, actor[50]
Waldo Salt, author[45]
Pete Seeger, folk singer[49]
Artie Shaw, jazz musician[49]
Howard Da Silva, actor[45]
Paul Sweezy, economist and founder-editor of Monthly Review[55]
Tsien Hsue-shen, physicist[56]
Orson Welles, actor, author and director[50]

well whab???
"disaster is the mother of necessity" rSin

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: Turbine Powered Toker
Has bestowed Karma : 521 times
Received Karma : 217 times

Post by WhiteHotAfterburner »

ben ttech wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:01 pm
WhiteHotAfterburner wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:51 pm

Please provide us with the names of these "many innocent Americans" of Joe "McCarthy's witch hunts".

thanks oldjoints!

Victims of McCarthyism

It is difficult to estimate the number of victims of McCarthyism. The number imprisoned is in the hundreds, and some ten or twelve thousand lost their jobs.[40] In many cases, simply being subpoenaed by HUAC or one of the other committees was sufficient cause to be fired.[41] Many of those who were imprisoned, lost their jobs or were questioned by committees did in fact have a past or present connection of some kind with the Communist Party. But for the vast majority, both the potential for them to do harm to the nation and the nature of their communist affiliation were tenuous.[42] Suspected homosexuality was also a common cause to be targeted by McCarthyism. According to some scholars, this resulted in more persecutions than did alleged connection with Communism.[43]

In the film industry, over 300 actors, authors and directors were denied work in the U.S. through the unofficial Hollywood blacklist. Blacklists were at work throughout the entertainment industry, in universities and schools at all levels, in the legal profession, and in many other fields. A port security program initiated by the Coast Guard shortly after the start of the Korean War required a review of every maritime worker who loaded or worked aboard any American ship, regardless of cargo or destination. As with other loyalty-security reviews of McCarthyism, the identities of any accusers and even the nature of any accusations were typically kept secret from the accused. Nearly 3,000 seamen and longshoremen lost their jobs due to this program alone.[44]

A few of the more famous people who were blacklisted or suffered some other persecution during McCarthyism are listed here:

Elmer Bernstein, composer and conductor[45]
Charlie Chaplin, actor[45]
Aaron Copland, composer[45]
Bartley Crum, attorney[46]
Jules Dassin, director[45]
W.E.B. DuBois, civil rights activist and author[47]
Howard Fast, author[48]
Lee Grant, actress[45]
Dashiell Hammett, author[45]
Lillian Hellman, playwright[45]
John Hubley, animator[45]
Langston Hughes, author[49]
Sam Jaffe, actor[45]
Gypsy Rose Lee, actress[50]
Philip Loeb, actor[51]
Joseph Losey, director[45]
Burgess Meredith, actor[50]
Arthur Miller, playwright and essayist[50]
Zero Mostel, actor[45]
Clifford Odets, author[45]
J. Robert Oppenheimer, physicist, "father of the atomic bomb"[52]
Linus Pauling, chemist, winner of two Nobel prizes[53]
Paul Robeson, actor, athlete, singer, author, political and civil rights activist[54]
Edward G. Robinson, actor[50]
Waldo Salt, author[45]
Pete Seeger, folk singer[49]
Artie Shaw, jazz musician[49]
Howard Da Silva, actor[45]
Paul Sweezy, economist and founder-editor of Monthly Review[55]
Tsien Hsue-shen, physicist[56]
Orson Welles, actor, author and director[50]

well whab???
I, too, appreciated our old friend Oldjoints post. Thank you, Oldjoints!

You, and it, are conflating victims of the Red Scare and McCarthyism.

Hundreds or thousands were victimized by the general political atmosphere of the Red Scare but not directly affected by McCarthy's activities.

The problem with generalizations and popularizing a 'term'. In fact, many occurred well before McCarthy's involvemet.

For example, first in the list is Elmer Bernstein. Elmer Bernstein was caught up in the Red Scare (McCarthy "era"), not directly connected to McCarthy's activities specifically. Not that I can find.

I'll also note here; Elmer Bernstein was never Blacklisted (something done outside of McCarthy's actions). Although, he was Graylisted, also none of McCarthy's doings.

I can't search every name listed.

The Red Scare was being rolled into McCarthyism which may not have ever been directly related to Joe's actions.

Respect, Ben!

:-),
WHAB

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: Turbine Powered Toker
Has bestowed Karma : 521 times
Received Karma : 217 times

Post by WhiteHotAfterburner »

ripper5 wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:19 pm
"I want people to think about this for a minute:
Pentagon: U.S. can get up to 30 C-17 evacuation flights out of Afghanistan each day.
16,000 people evacuated in the last 24 hours, about 11,000 of those on military flights.
Have you ever seen a C-17? I know most of my fellow aviation nuts have, but for my friends/family who have not, that is a HUGE aircraft. Absolutely immense. And the USAF is cranking out a full C-17 flight from Kabul every 45 minutes, using a SINGLE runway in enemy-controlled territory, non stop, 24 hours a day right now. This has literally never been done before in the entire history of aviation... the USAF is literally making history. They evacuated more than twice as many people YESTERDAY as we did in the entirety of the Saigon evacuation in 1975.

Anyone who wants to pop off about this being a failure needs to shut their piehole unless it's to commend the incredibly hard working men and women of the US Air Force, and the ground forces supporting their mission. It started rough, no denying that, but in less than a week, the situation has been stabilized and the mission exponentially increased to a tempo never before seen, not even during WW2. The part that gets me is the logistics of supporting this mission - the ground crews are going full throttle right now, bringing in fuel, oil, fluids and servicing the aircraft as best and as fast as they can. What they are achieving right now is nothing short of incredible."
I know the C-17 and its capabilities personally and intimately.

I was THE McDonnell Douglas Team Leader (approx. 18 mechanics under my charge) responsible for Modifications to the C-17 to include Defensive Flare Systems you have likely seen deployed in Joe Biden's Surrender. I was part of McDonnell Douglas' RAMS team (Recovery and Modifications Services - an Elite Travel Team (suitcase and toolbox always At The Ready)).

McDonnell Douglas RAMS Patch 0001 02122021.jpg
RAMS Defensive Systems 0001 09022021.jpg

This is one landing. The video I saw was one departing Kabul but I can't find that video now.

We, the team, received the Flare System for a C-130 and modified it and the C-17 to incorporate it.

We, the team, cut YUGE holes into the Fuselage of the C-17's belly, smaller holes into the C-17 Landing Gear Pods. Missile Sensors in the Nose and Tail Cones.

I personally had Engineering authority to Red Lines the Engineering Drawings (Blueprints). We, the RAMS, were in Tulsa, OK at the time, the Engineering Team were in Long Beach, CA. I, WE, discovered problems with their instructions, explained them to the Engineers and I suggested changes (Red Lined) that were then incorporated into the Engineering Drawings.

For some un-explainable reason, even today, the C-17 was not built (Engineered) with Defensive Measures in mind from the factory. :dunno:

It should be noted in Blunderful Joe Biden's Surrender that MANY aircraft departed with MANY EMPTY seats.

Blunderful Joe Biden left a MAJORITY of SIV's (Special Immigrant Visa) STRANDED.

Blunderful Joe Biden DID evacuate MOSTLY non-Citizens and non-SIV's. Stranding a MAJORITY of them!

Blunderful Joe Biden STRANDED MOST Americans!

Blunderful Joe Biden LIED when he said "Troops will stay in Afghanistan for as long as it takes to evacuate all US civilians".

Blunderful Joe Biden was offered to secure Kabul Airport and declined.

Blunderful Joe Biden abandoned a isolated and more easily defended MILITARY Airport (with TWO operating runways) and instead made the asinine decision to cede security to our ENEMY in a HEAVILY populated Civilian Airport in the middle of Taliban held territory.

Also, Blunderful Joe Biden LIED when he said he had no idea the Afghan Military would fold so quickly when there is evidence to the contrary!

July 23 (well before the fall to the Taliban AND before he developed his LIE!) ~ "BIDEN: You know, I am a moment late. But I mean it sincerely. Hey look, I want to make it clear that I am not a military man any more than you are, but I have been meeting with our Pentagon folks, and our national security people, as you have with ours and yours, and as you know and I need not tell you the perception around the world and in parts of Afghanistan, I believe, is that things aren’t going well in terms of the fight against the Taliban.

And there’s a need, whether it is true or not, there is a need to project a different picture."

Save the NARRATIVE for me, Blunderful Biden imparts to Ghani, AND put on a PRETTY FACE and HIDE the TRUTH!

Blunderful Joe Biden's nearly FIFTY YEARS of HORRIBLE policy decisions and LIES continue.

Blunderful Joe Biden's SURRENDER, FAILURE and DISGRACE!

:/,
WHAB