I've Held My Tongue - Democrat Voters, You Did This...Afghanistan!

The arena for political discussions about current events
roller24
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 331 times
Received Karma : 493 times

Post by roller24 »

Is it really ransom to get back what has been stolen from you? US and UK have a nasty habit of stealing the monetary assets from countries whose leadership we don't like...so I'd say it is we who are holding the ransom.
I couldn't agree more, I should have said bargaining chip. I was speaking in cliches again. I'll have to look up on the structure of the bank, it will be interesting to see how it is leveraged. I'm guessing the IMF and World Bank became heavily involved during the US occupation. Will the Taliban play ball or return to pre-invasion status?

roller24
Karma God
Karma God

Post by roller24 »

People bitching that Biden blew it by keeping the promises that Trump made
I'm not blaming Biden for anything in Afghanistan save his walk away approach to the poorly executed withdrawal. However, I think I read that the Trump agreement was altered by the Biden team, so if that is true, then he wasn't keeping Trump's promises, he was keeping his own.
The State Department under all administrations should be bearing the lion share of the guilt. It is these Career dip shots that are always steering the POTUS s. Not to mention the spooks who undermine any administration to see meet their long held views.

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1317 times
Received Karma : 921 times

Post by Butcher Bob »

roller24 wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:13 am
...war propaganda, also had a significant role in additional compliance.

I'll still argue that the U.S. has been paying on the Debt. Just because the balance due increases, does not prove that no payments were submitted. Deficit spending has caused the principal to constantly expand, but the moneys go back to the bank before they are re-borrowed in the next budget year. This is how debt based currency works..

There were a few years where the government managed to pay on the principal in the 50s...
Yes, additional compliance was a factor as well.

When you refinance your mortgage, you are not paying off debt. When you use a credit card to pay off another credit card, you are not paying off debt. And when the government issues new T-bills to pay maturing T-bills, they are not paying off debt. It merely changes the terms of the debt and/or who the debt holder is.

That's because we were paying off debt incurred for WW II. Now take a look at what the top tax rate was for those years...91%. Currently we are at a top rate of 37%...nowhere near what it should be to finance the military actions we take.
roller24 wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:42 am
The State Department under all administrations should be bearing the lion share of the guilt.
Ah yes, I forgot aboot Secretary of State 'bomb them all' Blinken, he wanted to stay as well...he should be included with Biden and Austin.

roller24
Karma God
Karma God

Post by roller24 »

Butcher Bob wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:32 pm

When you refinance your mortgage, you are not paying off debt. When you use a credit card to pay off another credit card, you are not paying off debt. And when the government issues new T-bills to pay maturing T-bills, they are not paying off debt. It merely changes the terms of the debt and/or who the debt holder is.
This is more like a balloon loan. where the principal is static and you pay the interest every year.
You are still paying ON the loan, But your not paying OFF the loan.

smokebreaks
The Big Cheese
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: High Society Stoner
Has bestowed Karma : 184 times
Received Karma : 338 times

Post by smokebreaks »

roller24 wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:34 pm
Butcher Bob wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:32 pm

This is more like a balloon loan. where the principal is static and you pay the interest every year.
You are still paying ON the loan, But your not paying OFF the loan.
We call that "interest only" the problem is the principal never gets paid so you're paying interest into perpetuity, but no matter what the lender still wants to get paid.
GOVERNMENT WARNING: Marijuana use can cause complex thoughts leading to better ideas of how to live your life. Caution, free thinking has been routinely reported with continued use.

roller24
Karma God
Karma God

Post by roller24 »

Ya most of them here are written to delay a monthly p&I payment.

smokebreaks
The Big Cheese
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: High Society Stoner
Has bestowed Karma : 184 times
Received Karma : 338 times

Post by smokebreaks »

roller24 wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:37 pm
Ya most of them here are written to delay a monthly p&I payment.
it's the dumbest loan to take. You never develop any equity.
GOVERNMENT WARNING: Marijuana use can cause complex thoughts leading to better ideas of how to live your life. Caution, free thinking has been routinely reported with continued use.

Roots

Post by Roots »

“it's the dumbest loan to take”

It’s how I bought my land....Got a six year interest only loan in 2003...by the time I was ready to build my land had more than doubled or gained about $70k .....I payed way under 10k in payments before I merged that loan into my building loan.

I just had dumb luck, but there are many cases where interest only isn’t a bad idea.

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: Turbine Powered Toker
Has bestowed Karma : 521 times
Received Karma : 217 times

Post by WhiteHotAfterburner »

Polly Snark wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:58 pm
WhiteHotAfterburner wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:00 pm

You have obviously not read nor even heard of Venona, and the details in its release.

Venona proves Joe McCarthy was right about Communists in US Government!

Furthermore, you have no clue regards Dr. Paul Kengor's exposing Communist Dupes in US Government.

Polly buy a clue?!?!

:/,
WHAB
Dude. First off Venona did not exonerate McCarthy's witch hunts. It did not excuse his wild drunken and paranoid accusations against many innocent Americans or his disregard of the constitution, due process or the right to a fair trial.

And Kengor? You mean the guy who thinks Reagan was an intellect? Puhleese.

That you assume that these "points" makes your argument just proves that I am not the one who should be coppin' a clue.
I offer you this opportunity to substantiate your claim, Polly...

Please provide us with the names of these "many innocent Americans" of Joe "McCarthy's witch hunts".

:/,
WHAB

ben ttech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: godisnotwhite.com
Has bestowed Karma : 389 times
Received Karma : 240 times

Post by ben ttech »

mcarthy fabricated so so much evidence, not to mention his tact, that
his own staff turned on him as his support by the public was haved inside a month

how can this be anyones sensible issue whab?

dont forget that
the communists were dedicated supporters of first class citizenship in western countries for minorities of all color

ie, they were doing the work of anyone who was aligned with american national talking points...
"disaster is the mother of necessity" rSin