bubblebutter

To satisfy the epicurious now we're cooking with grass.
Munchy
Board Administrator
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: Golden Member
Has bestowed Karma : 470 times
Received Karma : 957 times

bubblebutter

Post by Munchy »

i saved up the pulpy leaf remains of about 4 bubblehash runs in the freezer,
probably close to a pound dry weight.
i finally took them out and let them thaw for a couple hours
got 4lbs of quality unsalted butter all melted and added the greens and some filtered water
and let it all simmer in a big pot for just a few hours.

picked up a new strainer to go with the cheesecloth

used a rubber band to hold the cheesecloth near the handle, and set 2 pair of scissors in the "ears" to hold the strainer in place

after freezing in a set of 4 sandwich size plastic tubs, and rinsing the remaining ice off the bottom of each butter patty...
oops... sorry, i forgot to take those pics cause i got stoned

then i made another stoner mistake and tried whipping up the butter with a metal hand whisk
but that just clogged itself full, so after i finally got it all cleaned out of there...

then i packed it up into over a dozen of these little 2 oz cups
and then put most of them into a box at the bottom of my freezer

i figured it might be pretty weak, but at least it's super clean, so to test it out, i just used a few small 2"x3" slices of sourdough bread, and spread on a thin layer of the cannabutter and melted that for a couple minutes in the oven before adding some shredded cheddar and jack cheese and sprinkled a bit of parmesan on top and gave it another couple minutes in to oven. i ate 2 pieces, and gave my wife the smallest one. it did seem good, but not too strong for me, but after a couple hours my wife started complaining of feeling some OD effects and had trouble sleeping, because it had been so long since she smoked or ate any weed, she had no tolerance for it. the next night i melted about half a cup of that butter before pouring it all onto a thicker piece of bread and doing the cheese melting thing again. i got real stoned from it, but not too much... and slept real good, but my eyes were sure red and perma-stoned looking the next day, so i guess i need to save it for just when i don't have to work the next day. Image
Prohibition is Futile Image THC will be Assimilated
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ How To Pass Drug Tests ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

ben ttech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: godisnotwhite.com
Has bestowed Karma : 389 times
Received Karma : 240 times

bubblebutter

Post by ben ttech »

its a daydream of mine to have a freezer...

:)

lookin good...
i remember sleppin triming around town when i was prefecting my water screens...
the weight of that stuff really weights on your mind when your registration is due...
"disaster is the mother of necessity" rSin

bubbabush
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: 6% Neandertal

bubblebutter

Post by bubbabush »

Slow fall for me on the buckets; most of the old sources seem to've bought their own bags. I used to do 5-10 lbs a month in the Fall. Folks just don't grow outdoors like they used to anymore.

~O~
::-'--O Homophobia:Man's Fear of Being Treated As He Treats Women O--'-::

ben ttech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: godisnotwhite.com
Has bestowed Karma : 389 times
Received Karma : 240 times

bubblebutter

Post by ben ttech »

strong words unless youve had a chopper pilot staring at your while he hovers 100 feet over head in the real canopy...
"disaster is the mother of necessity" rSin

Mothers Penis
Karma Whore
Karma Whore
Has bestowed Karma : 7 times
Received Karma : 47 times

bubblebutter

Post by Mothers Penis »

I had one of those come down at about 20 feet of chimney because of 1 plant in a 5 gallon bucket ... A beautiful BlueBerry that I veg for 2 month indoors and for the blooming I would take it out at 7 in the morning for full sunshine and back in at 7 PM ... because of the manhandling the main cola branch broke early and at harvest 15 of august I lost some more because of bud-rot ... I still pulled off 8 Oz .

So I'm growing that one plant backyard and I see that helicopter pass at high altitude , nothing new ... but then it passed again , and a 3 time ... At that point I said fuck it , time to pull the plant back in , but when I did that fuckin chopper passed again , stopped , and lowered altitude ... Now my plant is in and out of sight , I go on the balcony and they drop slowly but surely until I can read POLICE under the pads ... they came down to about 20 feet of the house chimney level , in front/above my backyard balcony , approximately where the plant was ...

At that point I went out on the balcony with my wife and kid , hair flying from the wind of the rotor , with my boy in my right arm and my wife beside I raised my left arm , palms up , in a WTF motion ... chopper stalled another 2 minutes and left ...

And this is was when I realized I could actually feel my heartbeat in my anus + I never tried that backyard silliness again ...
May the Penis be with you .

Mamabudz
Karma Jackpot
Karma Jackpot
Custom Title: The InnKeeper

bubblebutter

Post by Mamabudz »

Munchy

Try not to re-cook the butter so much -- anything above 375 F will heat off the cannabinoids and then, why bother, so next time just let the butter come to a soft consistency on the counter and spread it on your bread or toast and either pour melted cheese on top or put the cheese on top and melt it for a short time at 350 or less.

Just a suggestion :)
...have a cookie ;)
*I Toke & I Vote*