How Can You Use Canna Butter?

To satisfy the epicurious now we're cooking with grass.
Mamabudz
Karma Jackpot
Karma Jackpot
Custom Title: The InnKeeper

Post by Mamabudz »

Okay kiddies ~ Here is the big secret to recipes with Canna Butter :whistle:

IT'S BUTTER!!!

If there is a recipe that calls for say -- Butter -- replace the Butter with an equal amount of (all together now) Canna Butter!

If the recipe calls for a LOT of canna butter (and you don;t want to use your whole supply or completely stone yourself out with couch lock) OR you don't have enough canna butter -- simply add sufficient Butter to fulfill your requirements:

VOILA!

YOU TOO HAVE MADE A CANNABUTTER DELICACY!

:hug:

MamaBudz
...have a cookie ;)
*I Toke & I Vote*

HempKat

Post by HempKat »

There is one consideration when making things with canna butter. You don't want to use it in something you have to cook at too high of a temperature. I think the cut off point is 350 to 375 degrees F. Hotter then that and you seriously degrade the THC. That's why most of the popular uses are some form of baked goods. They generally use a good bit of butter and usually you cook them at 375 or less.

smokebreaks
The Big Cheese
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: High Society Stoner
Has bestowed Karma : 184 times
Received Karma : 338 times

Post by smokebreaks »

the key to good cannabutter I've found is a slow heat, and learn the word SIMMER... I use about an ounce or two of sugar leaves, and some trim, add to 4 sticks of sautéing butter then press through a cheese cloth into a pyrex bowl... put the bowl into the fridge, let it cool.

Once I used the sauteed herbs as a base with a spinach and artichoke cream dipping sauce... however if you need to remain a productive member of society, I don't recommend it as all that added grease from the buttered greens runs right through you.
GOVERNMENT WARNING: Marijuana use can cause complex thoughts leading to better ideas of how to live your life. Caution, free thinking has been routinely reported with continued use.

Mamabudz
Karma Jackpot
Karma Jackpot

Post by Mamabudz »

@Hempkat true about the "up a there towards 400F mark" So deep frying in cannaoil is going to be wasteful -- but whoa stand close to the frydaddy if you do LOL. So it does take some testing, and deciding when and how to add oils and butters. One of my favorite sautees is 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, heated to almost smoking, remove from heat, add 2 garlic cloves, return to heat stir fry the garlic until it starts to turn brown, add 1/2 tabl of cannabutter and allow to just start to melt, toss in 2 cups par-steamed, well drained broccoli (I like julienned) and toss together, return to low heat covered for 5 minute, toss with freshly grated parmesan and serve hot. On my diet I need to eat 2 cups of veggies at each meal -- I adore broccoli and can't seem to stomache raw veggies right now so this is common dish for me. The diet explains the 1/2 tablspoons of oil and butter -- feel free to go to town if you aren;t watching your weight :grin: .

@ blindeye You can always use a Crock Pot :) Or ..a "bain marie" -- or double boiler as we call'em in the States or a method created by Karma's Payment -- a member at Marijuana.com http://www.Marijuana.com in Recipes where you can also find many of my recipes and threads. Check them out -- but whatever you do DO NOT give them a cookie from me ;) It will get you Summarily Banned! I'm kind of like Voldemort over there I am She Who Must Not Be Named :dunno:

@ smokebreaks: Ah yes! High Fiber Diet -- well greased ;) And the added benefits of cannabis in the gut muscle. It seems to have some effect on Chrons although lack of continued studies on that -- yadda yadda... Next time bake into muffins (NOT BRAN MUFFINS) and cut back on any oil or butter in the recipe for them as there will be some oil already in the "weed mash" I'll need to experiment with this. and get back to you but I have something int he fridge I can experiment with. we'll start with a quarter cup of weed/butter mash -- and perhaps some of the over ripe banana in the fridge, whole wheat flour -- maybe raisins..definitely brown sugar. Maybe some crushed almond streussel on top?

BTW: Some of my friends have been discussing selling some of my baked goods -- what to do what to do? :roll:
...have a cookie ;)
*I Toke & I Vote*

Deej
Kosmic Karma
Kosmic Karma
Custom Title: Have a great day!

Post by Deej »

LOL! I must have been doing something right in past production of canna butter from trim only :lol: folks were scared of me cookies
:winky: Fine by me hehehehehehehehe...more for moi' :grin:
@Hempie... :wave: jus sending some love yer way friend :smooch:

HempKat

Post by HempKat »

Deej wrote: @Hempie... :wave: jus sending some love yer way friend :smooch:

Right back at you sweety :smooch:

Mamabudz
Karma Jackpot
Karma Jackpot

Post by Mamabudz »

:mrgreen: and cookies for everyone :D
...have a cookie ;)
*I Toke & I Vote*

Mothers Penis
Karma Whore
Karma Whore
Has bestowed Karma : 7 times
Received Karma : 47 times

Post by Mothers Penis »

Mamabudz wrote:Okay kiddies ~ Here is the big secret to recipes with Canna Butter :whistle:

IT'S BUTTER!!!

If there is a recipe that calls for say -- Butter -- replace the Butter with an equal amount of (all together now) Canna Butter!

Indeed , but keep in mind the thc dosage of your butter ... 1 Oz of leafs in a pound of butter is not the same has an Oz of buds in a pound of butter ... recipes using very low amounts of butter/oil should be made with top buds .. Also leafs contain more chlorophyll then buds , and that chlorophyll over take the taste of your meal unless you "overlap" it wit cocoa or peanut butter and sugar . Use low grade butter for brownies and cookies , use high grade for lobster and salad and other real food .
May the Penis be with you .

Mothers Penis
Karma Whore
Karma Whore
Has bestowed Karma : 7 times
Received Karma : 47 times

Post by Mothers Penis »

That would be a 2.5G hash Psycho Hot Coco ... will relax your muscles for the next 18 hours while your brain travels ...
May the Penis be with you .

Mamabudz
Karma Jackpot
Karma Jackpot

Post by Mamabudz »

Good points all.

I find the "greener" taste is great mixed with olive oil (canna-oil in this sense) and used as a base for pestos or for mixing with sauces and stews.

For the finest of pastry, first you want to heat the butter (nonsalted and the highest quality you can find) and allow to cool so you can skim the butter making clarified butter. Now add your dried tops or kif or has. Us this in creating a fondant or butter cream or cooled as the shortening for the actual pastry dough.
...have a cookie ;)
*I Toke & I Vote*