How Can You Use Canna Butter?

To satisfy the epicurious now we're cooking with grass.
Mrs Fly
Stackin' Karma Yo
Stackin' Karma Yo
Custom Title: The miowing spider
Received Karma : 4 times

Post by Mrs Fly »

Cannabutter is amazing stuff!!!

We've made it twice now, both times we just used bud instead of sugar leaf.....let me think what did we use again??

I'm pretty sure it was 1/2 ounce of sensi star mixed with 1/2 a pack of butter....

Then, we experimented with our dodgy-looking greeny butter!!

First we decided CHOCOLATE CAKES!!!! Which works but the only real opportunity to use butter with that recipe was to add a smidge to the mixture and then again to grease the tray.....we felt we needed a recipe that used a fairly huge amount of butter while at the same time not tasting shit.

The answer?

ALL-BUTTER SHORTBREAD!! It has a shitload of butter in it anyway, so the recipe translated rather well......one piece got you very mellow, 2 pieces got you ripped, any more than that was just being silly as you fell asleep which was a bit of a waste really.
To be fair I did use a pure indica so that's no surprise!!!

~G's hashy hot chocolate sounds lethal in a very good way, I wish I had the means to try that one out!! I can't actually remember the last time I was that extraordinarily monged-out. :mrgreen:

K
-x-
"But let me have silence always, in the centre of the shouting- That is essential! Let me have silence so that no pin may drop And not be heard, and not a whisper escape us for all our spouting, Nor the needle's scratching upon this gramophone of a circular cosmic spot. Hear me! Mark me! Learn me! Throw the mind's ear open- Shut up the mind's eye-all will be music!"

bubbabush
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: 6% Neandertal

Post by bubbabush »

It makes wikid good lube.

~O~
::-'--O Homophobia:Man's Fear of Being Treated As He Treats Women O--'-::

Mamabudz
Karma Jackpot
Karma Jackpot
Custom Title: The InnKeeper

Post by Mamabudz »

...care to tango in Paris?

Feliz y Prospero Ano Nuevo ~ Happy and Prosperous New Year!
...have a cookie ;)
*I Toke & I Vote*

RaroRangiReturns
some karma
some karma

Post by RaroRangiReturns »

When cooking with weed always bear this in mind; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decarboxylation
I usually run my butter for about 40 minutes simmering and cook my cakes @ 160 for about an hour. This seems to do the trick. I can never bear to separate the mull from the cake mix so I don't, I feel it adds to the body stone, ( also adds to body load, but...)
I get some of the best pain relief and sleep that I have every achieved with this method, however I have just cut oils out of my diet so I am looking for new ideas and methinks.
I am a Chef and like to try out new recipes so when we legalise it here I will have a jump start into the game, ( If I am alive then.)

Zazzas
some karma
some karma

Post by Zazzas »

I only recently started using edible marijuana. Earlier I didn't have an unreasonable amount of marijuana, but recently I pick up my second harvest. I saw on the Internet a lot of different recipes, I plan to try this one http://www.ncsm.nl/english/information- ... oil-recipe" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; . It seems to me that this is a fairly simple way of cooking cannabutter. My friend treated me to cookies with cannabater, it's quite tasty, besides, I try to eat or smoke marijuana in a healthy way. I use vipe or bong, at least. I believe that marijuana doesn't harm health, but tars from paper is very harmful to the lungs.

bentech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: eye the witch Melancholy
Has bestowed Karma : 33 times
Received Karma : 28 times

Post by bentech »

ya, not a paper fan myself at all...
"we must strive to become good ancestors" nader
https://www.myplanetganja.com/viewforum.php?f=48
FUCK jimmydorecomedy.com

ripper5
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 2185 times
Received Karma : 1606 times

Post by ripper5 »

First try, just made some canna butter from dry-flower vaporizer waste (which I call "refries!") Usually while vaping, I'll do only one fresh bag per bowl, and then discard the partially spent flower to a jar for saving. It tastes like shit and has barely half the kick, so any way other than revaping or smoking is much preferred imo.

So, I used a half pound of 7% fat Land0lakes butter, an ounce of "volcano refries" and some water (prevents burnt butter) on low in a crock-pot for 9 hours.

This is what I got! Gonna try a teaspoon or two later... :fly:
Attachments
First result. Not yet re-washed
First result. Not yet re-washed
Side view in a pitcher
Side view in a pitcher
Poked a hole to drain the waste water
Poked a hole to drain the waste water

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Has bestowed Karma : 1794 times
Received Karma : 1578 times

Post by Intrinsic »

7% fat! Interesting. Vape waste.. more interesting.

So you're just gonna use the top solidified part?

ripper5
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Post by ripper5 »

Yes, that's the butter. The brown water gets dumped. The bottom side of the butter has a little milk solids slime on it that just rinses off. The vapor leftovers are already decarboxylated from the volcano.

So, I took a full teaspoon full, with an equal amount of PB fudge, just to try it out. It's been three hours and I must say, I can definitely feel it, but not as strong as I had hoped. So, caution to the wind I took another large dose. :winky:

ripper5
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Post by ripper5 »

Reason for so much water in the pitcher is from pouring hot water over the weed/butter contents in the filter in order to get as much of the butter as possible out of the glob. When cooking in the crock-pot I only use enough water to cover the weed & butter.