Oldjoints Defense Fund

The place to post your rallying cry for funding your defense.
Oldjoints

Oldjoints Defense Fund

Post by Oldjoints »

On July 7th i was arrested for growing 141 plants by the local drug task force. My charges are manufacture of cannabis and 2 counts of paraphanalia. I did not get charged with any sales or intent to deliver. My 18 yr old son is the person who turned me in, i have no idea why he made that decision but it is something i will have to live with. I am in a draconian state where the laws for cannabis are harsh at best.

I was able to post bail with what little funds i had and am now scrambling to sell what little i own to pay for a lawyer. The cheapest lawyer i could find wants $3000 for my defense. This was waaaaay cheaper then other lawyers and better then a public defender so i have hired him with the intent to pay him.

My first hearing is August 7th and the lawyer i picked has told me that he at least needs most of the funds before that date if i want to retain him.

Any funds recieved can be in money order form and in my lawyers name and sent straight to him so there can be no chance of any misuse of funds.

I would appreciate any funds that you feel you can afford or would like to donate. I am a bit embarrassed to ask this but i am between a rock and a hard place and have no family to turn to.

If you would like to kindly donate to my fund please contact me via pm or you can e-mail me at my secure email address here:
oj@bscoder.com
I will then give anyone interested the name and address of my lawyer and my real name so that my lawyer knows who the funds are for.

Thank you for your time and consideration.................... OJ

P.S. Smokebreaks,Smotty, and Whab have seen a news report in my real name concerning this bust and can collaborate that what i am saying is indeed fact.

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: Turbine Powered Toker
Has bestowed Karma : 521 times
Received Karma : 217 times

Oldjoints Defense Fund

Post by WhiteHotAfterburner »

Hey brother...I hope you're holding up well!

Can you please send me that info. You can send it here or my email addy that you have.

Take care, my friend,
WHAB

Oldjoints

Oldjoints Defense Fund

Post by Oldjoints »

Doing as well as can be expected bro.

Sent you the info!

Thanks WHAB i appreciate it!

PGs GossipGrrl™
Karma Whore
Karma Whore

Oldjoints Defense Fund

Post by PGs GossipGrrl™ »

Just a suggestion, but I would edit out all specific details, like exact dates, numbers... etc use instead "my teenage child". Then it's very unlikely a internet savy ADA might to lurking for info (yes I know smokes made sure Google searches don't show up, but it's still not a registered members read only site...and you can *never* be too cautious), that could put 2 and 2 together.

X amount of plants could be part of a breeding program. ie if you had long-time experience in this, use as Med MJ for yourself and others, then you could have multiple strains growing that you selectively cull in the breeding process(es). All depends what the judge wants to believe, if they are ignorant, but willing to entertain being educated; or the opposite, just won't listen to any argument, and follow the letter of the law. Still, if 1st time offense (and don't volunteer in public any priors), likelihood of getting probation is probably not that bad. Always seems the worse in the beginning, don't get ahead of yourself until that moment arrives.

Draconian state laws, I think that's what Lionrose was faced with. But it all depends on the judge that the case gets assigned to. They have the ultimate power, do almost completely disregard laws they don't agree with. No, they're not supposed to adjudicate in such a manner, but that's how it works in 'real life'. Also will depend on the prosecuting ADA, whether or not they will be amiable to a plea. But 1st your attorney of record is going to have to communicate with these legal professionals.

Is there a Norml branch in your state you can contact for list of available attorneys? Those experienced with the particular laws of your state, and more importantly *how* those laws are currently being enforced by the *local* courts, can save you plenty of $$$, even if they want more initially. Just something to consider. There are high-powered criminal defense attorney's that might have less experience with specific defenses with MJ crimes, that could get you a better result merely upon the fact that they have credibility with a court or more importantly with the specific judge invovled, but they will end up costing you much more. That's out of your financial position at present.

Your current lawyer, is seemingly happy to take your money up front, have you discussed what happens if that attorney isn't able to get you probation? Billing by the hour can mount up *very* quickly, and exhuast that $3k retainer. Which is why sometimes your limited funds *might* be better spent with a Norml attorney, who knows just what to spend your limited funds on for best results. Hopefully a Norml attorney would give you a complimentary assessment consultation, and you might get some good advice that way, at least a 2nd opinion. Take all you documents with you, keep a file ready and organized. I'll assume you have no home ownership that might be used to invoke coverage via homeowner's insurance policy.

I don't have any direct specific experience/knowledge in this area, so take that with a grain of salt. Just trying to be helpful. Also, I think you have enough time to do more research into obtaining a possible replacement attorney. It's done often, not like the court would be annoyed. You show up for the initial hearing, and your new attorney asks for a continuance at the courts' discretion. Customarily, that is almost always granted- will give you some more time, something you can always use to your advantage.
After a while, people are just going to ignore it, like I did, like I do most TV commercials.

Oldjoints

Oldjoints Defense Fund

Post by Oldjoints »

Munchy:
sorry i don't have any cash, but i'll have some good seeds pretty soon, if there was a way we could auction them off, like we did for BangWang, Jeast and n0b0dy back at OG?
This site is poorly suited for such an endeavor. Smokes doesnt want to take that risk and i dont blame him. But thank you for wanting to help bro.

PGs GossipGrrl™,

Thanks for your interest. I am actually very schooled in how the system works. Just low on funds and forced to do what i must do in my situation.
Not much can be done until the first hearing where the prosecutor presents his evidence in the case. Most MJ cases that are won are usually done so on appeal, which means you do your time until you win the appeal or lose the case and finish your time. Most judges just dont quash search warrants unless a blatant act of misuse (like not having a search warrant).
The bottom line is that i wont know how strong thier case is until i file motions of discovery. Until then i am flailing my arms in the wind.............

Thanks for your opinions PGs GossipGrrl™, shows you care................... OJ

Oldjoints

Oldjoints Defense Fund

Post by Oldjoints »

Munchy:
sorry i don't have any cash, but i'll have some good seeds pretty soon, if there was a way we could auction them off, like we did for BangWang, Jeast and n0b0dy back at OG?
Someone has stepped up to the plate.

So those that have genetics to donate can pm me for details................

anu
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Has bestowed Karma : 4 times
Received Karma : 16 times

Oldjoints Defense Fund

Post by anu »

you may as well call ACLU as they probably have a bigger budget or more lawyers handy if NORML
reacts kind of slow. i will be checking the auction out and will recruit some auntionees
i am broke as a mofo but will actually fill out some applications tomorrow in your honor
too bad about your son,i will pray for you both
The notion of collective ownership implies a democratic approach to the utilization of resources - economic democracy.

earth

Oldjoints Defense Fund

Post by earth »

oldjoints if you would like for us to host a charity auction at cw, would be glad to do it, if you like to have the funds sent direct to a recipent, so you get 100%, we will cover the shipping and soon as the donations make it in, we will send out the items and of course accept the donated items and cash on your behalf, as in the past we have had some issues with the funds being sent in to a person and not knowing where and if they ever made it to the person the charity is held for, as we raised $20, 000 for victims over the years, motarebel and marvin martian being two of the main ones we helped raise funds for and we are always willing to hold a charity for anyone who needs it and let those who support the various charities, contribute as they desire and anything we or I can do to help, you got it bro!

Hit me with a pm if we can help!"