clarence thomas forcasts his rampage...

Unmoderated except for TOU and security breaches.
Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Has bestowed Karma : 1794 times
Received Karma : 1578 times

Post by Intrinsic »

Ahh thanks

Ever since you introduced me to Jefferson's 19-year-rule years ago, I've pondered it. i'm a proponent.

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by Intrinsic »

Congresswoman Mary Miller She said the quiet part out loud.

Biden should be on the phone every hour of every hour. asking AOC what he should do.
"The men don't know
But the little girls understand"

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: world where everone gets
Has bestowed Karma : 1668 times
Received Karma : 1063 times

Post by rSin »

the recent two justices lied under oath to congress
they should move for impeachment on this clear case...
the intolerance of the old order is emerging from the rosy mist in which it has hitherto been obscured.

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by Intrinsic »

Total of three, but worse Biden just said he won't expand the court. Where is our first female vice president, speak up for the people :facepalm: I just can't.
When the country was founded, The Judiciary Act of 1789 set the number at six: a chief justice and five associate justices.
In 1807, Congress increased the number of justices to seven;
in 1837, the number was bumped up to nine;
and in 1863, it rose to ten.
In 1866, Congress passed the Judicial Circuits Act, which shrank the number of justices back down to seven and prevented President Andrew Johnson from appointing anyone new to the court.
Three years later, in 1869, Congress raised the number of justices to nine, where it has stood ever since. To borrow a term, there is precedent to change the number of justices. We need that now more than ever.

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by Intrinsic »

REPORTER: Why force a rape of incest victim to carry a pregnancy to term.
GREG ABBOTT: It doesn’t require that at all, because obviously it provides at least six weeks for a person to be able to get an abortion.
. . . 
ALEXANDRIA OCASIO-CORTEZ: Well, I find Governor Abbott’s comments disgusting. And I think there’s twofold. One, I don’t know if he is familiar with a menstruating person’s body. In fact, I do know that he’s not familiar with a woman — with a female, or menstruating person’s body, because if he did, he would know that you don’t have six weeks. It's that, quote unquote six weeks, and I’m sorry we have to break it down on — break down Biology 101 on national television, but in case no one has informed him before in our life — in his life, six weeks pregnant means two weeks late for your period. And two weeks late on your period for any person, any person with a menstrual cycle, can happen if you’re stressed, if you’re diet changes, or for really no reason at all. So you don’t have six weeks. 

Roots

Post by Roots »

With the recent attacks on Disney and now this they are getting close to turning Florida blue….Trump had 5.7 million and Biden had 5.2 million votes in the last election….Once Florida turns blue Republicans will be forced to change if they ever want a Republican President again.

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by rSin »

7 in 1807. 9 in 1837, 10 in 1863, 7 in 1866, 9 in 1869

During her confirmation hearing in 2020, Amy Coney Barrett declined to answer whether Griswold was decided correctly on the grounds that a full ban on contraception at the state level was “unthinkable.” The case came up again from Justice Sonia Sotomayor during oral arguments for Dobbs, which looked at a Mississippi law that would ban almost all abortions after 15 weeks of pregnancy.

“In Roe, the Court said . . . certain personal decisions that belong to individuals and the states can’t intrude on them,” the liberal justice said at the time. “We have recognized that sense of privacy in people’s choices about whether to use contraception or not.”

Since a draft opinion of the Dobbs case was leaked last month, several Republican lawmakers have signaled their willingness to restrict emergency contraception in addition to abortion, a subject legislators have rarely discussed in public. In March, Senator Marsha Blackburn, Republican of Tennessee, called the Griswold decision “legally unsound.” In May, Mississippi Governor Tate Reeves, a Republican, refused to rule out the possibility that his state would ban certain forms of contraception. Blake Masters, a GOP Senate candidate in Arizona, says on his website he would “vote only for federal judges who understand that Roe and Griswold and Casey were wrongly decided.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/biden ... ar-AAYQqbv
the intolerance of the old order is emerging from the rosy mist in which it has hitherto been obscured.

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1332 times
Received Karma : 929 times

Post by Butcher Bob »

Intrinsic wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:01 am
...worse Biden just said he won't expand the court. Where is our first female vice president...
What in the world made you think they would do anything?
This is a godsend for politicians...to pry money from your pockets.
The Dems have had ample opportunity to codify Roe v Wade into law...but they didn't.
And the Repugs have had ample opportunity to overturn, doing the same...but they didn't.
Why do you think that is?

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by rSin »

its to good an issue
settling it would register as a loss for them...

ripper5
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 2185 times
Received Karma : 1606 times

Post by ripper5 »

Chart
Attachments
1656367691001.jpg