Unmoderated except for TOU and security breaches.
rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: world where everone gets
Has bestowed Karma : 1668 times
Received Karma : 1063 times

Post by rSin »

Heh!
the intolerance of the old order is emerging from the rosy mist in which it has hitherto been obscured.

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1332 times
Received Karma : 929 times

Post by Butcher Bob »

Intrinsic wrote:Your red herring didn't work, You're hoping your guy will be exonerated.
What red herring? :confused:

And don't think I missed the irony of you complaining aboot something...that you then immediately do. :p

I'm only slightly surprised the House passed the articles so quickly. Politically/strategically I think it's the wrong move...it continues to divide the citizenry, without actually doing anything that would benefit them. Personally, I would love to see the Senate convict, immediately before swearing in Biden...but I think Mitch is going to punt. Going directly from conviction to swearing in eliminates the need for an interim, thus eliminating all the political theater that goes along with that process. Trump could be convicted either before or after. But if he is convicted before Biden is sworn in, he loses all of the retirement perks ex-presidents get...if it's done after, he'll likely still get all those perks. While it wouldn't help citizens at a personal level...it would be nice to see that kind of karma.