Biden's blunders...

Unmoderated except for TOU and security breaches.
Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1317 times
Received Karma : 921 times

Biden's blunders...

Post by Butcher Bob »

I was wondering if anyone would freak out over the theater.....I should have known. :p

I'll tell you the same thing I told my brother when he called....this is all political theater.
Trump had his shit on lock down IMMEDIATELY when BLM came to town. Do you think the Capitol does not have the same ability? It's not like they didn't know...this was just a small group of the hundred thousand protesters in town. Do you really think our capitol's security is that lax? Because if it is, we have much bigger problems.
Intrinsic wrote:Don't you see that now??
What I saw was a bunch of discontented "patriots"...and make no mistake aboot it, they feel they are every bit of the patriot you think you are...who wanted to voice their displeasure to their elected officials.
What I saw was a bunch of politicians and the media call those folks terrorists.
What I saw were some idiots destroying government property....which now, thanks to Trump, could land them up to 10 years in prison.
What I saw was police deploying tear gas in an enclosed space against civilians.
What I don't see is media coverage of the unarmed protester that was shot in the neck and bled out on the Capitol floor...a 14 year vet of the Air Force, with 4 tours under her belt. You OK with that?
Trump is right now thinking about nuking Iran. FUCK
Where do you get this shit? Apply some critical thinking...what in the world would Trump stand to gain?
25th.
Be careful what you wish for......you just elected an old guy with dementia. :wink:

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God

Biden's blunders...

Post by Butcher Bob »

More blunders...but first I'll give some kudos...

When I saw Biden being asked aboot 25ing or impeaching Trump, he seemed to brush the idea off, saying the inauguration would be here soon enough and then Trump will be gone. When reporters told him Trump threatened to not attend the inauguration, Biden said that was probably best, that he agreed with the idea. So credit to Joe, for dampening the media's attempt to stir more shit. I'm sure he, as well as myself, probably hundreds of millions of Americans, and billions worldwide, will just be happy to see Trump gone.

Now on to the blunders...

Joe seems to have made some pretty good cabinet picks lately, except in one particular area...the economy.
Gina Raimondo - Secretary of Commerce

...an American politician and venture capitalist...

Raimondo acted as senior vice president for fund development at the Manhattan offices of Village Ventures, a venture capital firm based in Williamstown, Massachusetts, and backed by Bain Capital and Highland Capital Groups. Raimondo returned to Rhode Island in 2000 to co-found the state's first venture capital firm, Point Judith Capital. Point Judith subsequently relocated its offices to Boston, Massachusetts. At Point Judith, Raimondo served as a general partner covering health care investments; she retains some executive duties with the firm.

...as general treasurer of Rhode Island...
In May 2011, Raimondo released "Truth in Numbers", a report that advocated for benefit cuts as the solution to Rhode Island's pension problems, and she helped lead the effort to cut pensions...
Under Raimondo's tenure, the pension fund was criticized for underperforming when compared with its peers. Raimondo's critics attributed the underperformance to a sharp increase in fees paid to hedge fund managers...

...governor of Rhode Island...
Raimondo has cut taxes every year and removed 8,000 pages of regulations — 30 percent of the state's regulations.

State Health and Human Services computer system failure
A widely-criticized rollout of a new computer network system for the Rhode Island Executive Office of Health and Human Services dubbed the "Unified Health Infrastructure Project" (UHIP) in September 2016 saw scores of people without access to government programs such as food stamps and child care due to glitches in the software, designed by Deloitte. This computer crash created a backlog of over 20,000 cases.
The Raimondo Administration received several letters from the federal government in August and September 2016 warning that UHIP was not ready to be launched. On the orders of Raimondo, the UHIP launch occurred as planned despite these federal warnings. The U.S. Food and Nutrition Service's Northeast Regional Administrator, Kurt Messner, urged Raimondo to postpone the launch because it would interrupt or interfere with benefits that the agency oversees. Messner said in the letter which local news outlets described as "strongly-worded" that "The transition plan remains inadequate and unacceptable." Messner also pointed out that the state had failed to gradually launch UHIP in phases or administer a live pilot test of UHIP. Messner opined that "Launching a system without having conducted a live pilot is against the intent of the regulations and against our best advice." The Raimondo Administration ultimately ignored the federal warnings resulting in benefit delays, system downtime, and benefit loss caused in error.
December 2016 saw the federal government give the state Department of Human Services less than a month to fix the UHIP computer system or risk losing $13 million in federal funding. Federal officials judged that the state was not compliant in lowering a significant case backlog, starting a sufficient call-center, adequate staff training, and improving wait times at Health and Human Services field offices.
In February 2017, Executive Secretary of Health and Human Services Elizabeth H. Roberts resigned from her cabinet post in the Raimondo Administration due to the failed roll-out of the UHIP.
In March 2017 Rhode Island Monthly reported that the U.S. Department of Justice opened an investigation into UHIP, specifically false claims and statements made about the Health and Human Services computer network rollout. The investigation was still underway as of summer 2017. In an interview, House Oversight Chair Rep. Patricia Serpa (D-West Warwick) said, "There’s plenty of blame to go around. The auditor’s report found that [the contract with Deloitte] was poorly written, poorly overseen and poorly executed. They were warned against the implementation because the system was not ready. Not only did they implement it, they displaced all of the most senior workers with the wealth of experience. We pulled all the plugs to make sure this was a failure."
According to documents submitted to the federal government, the cost estimate for UHIP through 2021 is $656 million. State taxpayers will pay $154 million of this amount while the federal government will pay the remainder.
In January 2020 State Senator Sam Bell said that a Rhode Island Senate Fiscal Report on Raimondo's budget proved that "a single UHIP update kicked 5,500 Rhode Islanders off their Medicaid" in November 2019 without due process and the decisions were based on a computer update. Bell went on to say that "Medicaid terminations need to be done with some due process. They should not come from a notoriously glitchy computer system. You should have a chance to fight the decision to rip away your health insurance. When you lose your Medicaid with no warning and no effort to transition you onto the exchange, the consequences can be deadly."

RI DCYF fatalities and near-fatalities
Under Governor Raimondo, the Rhode Island Department of Children, Youth & Families has come under fire due to its relatively high rate of deaths and near-deaths of children in its care. In a period between January 2016 and December 2017, there were 31 fatalities or near fatalities of children in its care, with eight being confirmed fatal.
Raimondo appointed Trista Piccola as her new DCYF director in January 2017. Piccola's term was marked by the death and near-deaths of children, high staff turn-over rates, votes of no confidence, and high budget deficits. Rep. Patricia Serpa and Rep. Charlene Lima called for the resignation of Piccola, which finally occurred in July 2019.
In October 2018, the United States Department of Health and Human Services' Administration for Children and Families ordered the Raimondo Administration DCYF to improve in 33 of 36 areas assessed. The federal report noted that DCYF services were "inadequate, not developed when needed, or lacked consistent monitoring." Harvard Kennedy School professor and former Obama Administration official Jeffrey Liebman agreed with the recommendations and analysis of the report from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and claimed that the DCYF is "the most messed-up agency ever."

Between assuming office and the end of 2019, Raimondo consistently ranked in the bottom four approval ratings for all governors in the United States.

In early February 2020, Raimondo appeared alongside former Republican New York City Mayor and Democratic presidential hopeful Mike Bloomberg at the Wexford Innovation Center in Providence to endorse his candidacy, a move she described as “an easy call.” Raimondo was named a national co-chair for the Bloomberg campaign.

She is a member of the Council on Foreign Relations

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gina_Raimondo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ho-boy...not inspiring a lot of confidence here. Pro-business...anti-worker...who doesn't seem to be very competent.

And a couple less publicised appointments...
Jared Bernstein - Member of the Council of Economic Advisers

From 2009 to 2011, Bernstein was the Chief Economist and Economic Adviser to Vice President Joe Biden in the Obama Administration.

...bachelor's degree in music...Master of Social Work...master's degree in philosophy and a PhD in social welfare...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jared_Bernstein" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Heather Boushey - Member of the Council of Economic Advisers

She has also worked as an economist at the Center for American Progress...

In 2016, it was announced that Boushey would have been the chief economist on Hillary Clinton's presidential transition team had she won. Previously an economic councilor to President-elect Joe Biden...

After Boushey's role in the Biden administration was announced, Claudia Sahm, a former employee at Equitable Growth, accused her of mismanagement. Sahm claimed that she had been pushed out of her job after publishing a blog post regarding racism, sexism, and elitism in economics that Boushey took issue with. Equitable Growth denied Sahm's account. Wikileaks documents mention that five former staff members cited Boushey's management as a factor in their resignations.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heather_Boushey" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
On the face these two might not appear to be that bad. They are what I consider to be team players, both academically and politically. I'll let Wolff explain why that's bad for the overwhelming majority of us...

Looks like all of Biden's economic cabinet picks and advisors...are from the school that put us in this predicament to begin with. I don't foresee them doing anything that will actually help. I only see them continuing down the road to collapse. :frown:

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Has bestowed Karma : 1751 times
Received Karma : 1535 times

Biden's blunders...

Post by Intrinsic »

Guess I was right be a big blunder to forgive and forget, biden is noww talking of overworking Congress split session, you know maybe a 40 hour week, prosecute and address the pandemic.

While I agree most Americans would be happy to see Trump go away. But not just go away but rot in prison.

It's Trumper's would like them get away without consequences.
Well, And Jesus but he died thousands of years ago, Yet miraculously voted illegally.

bentech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: eye the witch Melancholy
Has bestowed Karma : 33 times
Received Karma : 28 times

Biden's blunders...

Post by bentech »

biden harris is a shit show

its going to take one hell of a concerted effort for the forces which cinched his victory to get a voice in on the most serious policy swings needed...
"we must strive to become good ancestors" nader
https://www.myplanetganja.com/viewforum.php?f=48
FUCK jimmydorecomedy.com

Witchking

Biden's blunders...

Post by Witchking »

Intrinsic wrote: I agree most Americans would be happy to see Trump go away. But not just go away but rot in prison..
Mmmmm.I'm not sure about that. I believe Trump is supported by alot larger swath of the country than he is given credit for. Not only do they probably not want to see him in prison but they want to see him in a another term.

Trump really wasn't that bad.(Yeah I said it). I come from a working class family, when I think about all the times me and my family got bent over by the last two presidents(and the accompanying congresses)..what did we get ,,nothing really. In fact I lived through the darkest days of my life to date during the great recession the ACA destroyed my good healthcare.
Trump got elected because he spoke to a country of disenfranchised people. That was ALOT of people. We are still ALOT of people..trust me.

The Democrats and the media hated Trump right from jump street. His whole term was nothing but defending himself against an autocratic power structure in Washington..run by career politicians who long ago sold their souls and were determined to keep their extreme corruption under wraps. He was never allowed to really run the country. With all this he still got more done than any US president in recent history. Cant say he was the most presidential guy but in today's day and age, we got exactly what we needed. Yin and Yang..they came out with their Identity politics and political correctness...we came out with Trump. :fubird:

You see no matter what happens, I'm here to tell you this isn't over. There will be no peace. This will not be like every other presidency. Our country is going to go through a very , very rough period, and it won't be because of Trump. AND..it probably won't be pretty either.

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Biden's blunders...

Post by Intrinsic »

Dang that's a lot of crazy to unpack. I'm going to Cherry pick...

Mmmmm.I'm not sure about that...

Yeah that was hyperbole. Buoyed by the the poll I cited in thread 25,

Trump got elected because he spoke to a country of disenfranchised people. That was ALOT of people. We are still ALOT of people..trust me.

Yeah obviously, I live in maga country. but that doesn't mean what he spoke was good truthful or helpful. I didn't see any indication,
I present contrary evidence: January 6th.
And it ain't nothing new.

Did he helped you, How? How?

The Democrats and the media hated Trump right from jump street. 

Obviously, that is because had a long history. Many knew him who he was already. nothing to like about him nothing to respect. I'm against a businessman running a 'for the people' structure on that alone if it wasn't already for his corrupt and failing resume.

The criticism is Justified. He lies continually, unbelievable people fall for that bullshit.

Sorry your feelings got hurt snowflake. Yeah trumps the victim.

in today's day and age, we got exactly what we needed. Yin and Yang..they came out with their Identity politics and political correctness...we came out with Trump.

I'm on board with that you did a vent and identify (takes a slow step back)
do you think you can deal with reason? Bob's against truth and justice.

If not Then I don't get to QED ya. Or vice versa.
meh but it might be fun playing cat in mouse.

Fuck Trump with a large green turkey dick.
We will never forget Lafayette Square massacre.

Yeah that hyperbole, I wish he would just disappear so I can finally get on about biden.

But you're right there's plenty of trumpets to grift. Yanno need a king. The south will rise. Anti science. Yup a whole swath of 'em.

bentech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: eye the witch Melancholy
Has bestowed Karma : 33 times
Received Karma : 28 times

Biden's blunders...

Post by bentech »

remember trumps first battle?

it was with photography. which showed he didnt have nearly the innogral crowd the obama did. there wasnt a bit of deep state interest involved. merely silvered paper

in the purest sense we all realize trump isnt the problem and neither are his die hard supporters

the HUGE problem is the gross number of people who believe hes not so bad...
"we must strive to become good ancestors" nader
https://www.myplanetganja.com/viewforum.php?f=48
FUCK jimmydorecomedy.com

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God

Biden's blunders...

Post by Butcher Bob »

Witchking wrote:...the ACA destroyed my good healthcare.

The Democrats and the media hated Trump right from jump street. His whole term was nothing but defending himself against an autocratic power structure in Washington..run by career politicians who long ago sold their souls and were determined to keep their extreme corruption under wraps.
Intrinsic wrote:Obviously, that is because had a long history. Many knew him who he was already. nothing to like about him nothing to respect. I'm against a businessman running a 'for the people' structure on that alone if it wasn't already for his corrupt and failing resume.
If Dems had gone against Trump for that reason, that would have been appropriate...but they would have revealed their own corruption in the process. Instead, what they chose to do was dream up a fairytale, and hound Trump his entire term with those fabricated lies. Who exactly did that serve?

And now, in lieu of Biden's stated goal of "unity", the Dems are continuing to aggravate the divide with useless proceedings. Proceedings, that even if successful, would have no actual benefit for the citizens. While at the same time, they are doing everything within their power to make sure M4A will not get a floor vote. Something that would actually help a vast majority of folks, on both sides. What better way to convert a bunch of Reps.

Biden already made the blunder of saying he would veto a M4A bill. And now that Dems control both houses, they are ALL (even the "progressives") following suit to deny citizens something that would actually help them...something the rest of the developed world already has.

You want to get protesters off the streets?...give them healthcare like the rest of the world does. It's a good place to start.

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Biden's blunders...

Post by Intrinsic »

You want to get protesters off the streets?...give them healthcare like the rest of the world does. It's a good place to start.
Who says I want the protesters off the street, strawman.
I'm on board with more BLM protesters, they better not stop.

Anyhow

Biden plans to release nearly all available vaccine doses to speed inoculations

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/b ... utType=amp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Biden Plans to Release Nearly All Available Covid-19 Vaccine Doses

https://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/biden- ... 1610127971" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is ignoring or whitewashing the science, the vaccines efficacy is dependent on the 2 dose regime. All the testing, planning people putting themselves at risk during the trials. ... You're entering the unknown, for political points? Idiots, anti-science.

You're betting that the second doses are already in the mail.
They are not.

The hypocrisy of biden getting his second vaccination shot. While putting the population at risk with only one dose, not enough to effect herd immunity or personal immunity maybe.

Basically he believes given out all the doses first but then he takez his second one... first
...yeah.

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God

Biden's blunders...

Post by Butcher Bob »

Fauci's still in charge right?...currently AND as Biden's pick to lead his team?
Is this like when he said we didn't need masks...and then later said we did?
Or like when he originally said we needed 60-70% vacination rate to be effective...and now says 80-90%?
Because in both those cases he's admitted that he intentionally lied.
Are you saying the blunder is the logistical move?...or picking Fauci?

Intrinsic wrote:
Who says I want the protesters off the street, strawman.
I'm on board with more BLM protesters, they better not stop.
So now you think you get to validate what causes constitute a protester? :roflmao:
Property damage...government buildings breeched...death.
Goose...gander....you know. :wink: