demands...

Unmoderated except for TOU and security breaches.
Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Has bestowed Karma : 1794 times
Received Karma : 1578 times

demands...

Post by Intrinsic »

:roflmao:

ben ttech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: godisnotwhite.com
Has bestowed Karma : 400 times
Received Karma : 249 times

demands...

Post by ben ttech »

an aspect of the fuck you post office regards refunds. IF your first class mail ISNT delivered in a timely fashion your allowed a refund of the money it took to mail.

didnt know this but you bet folks using first class in bulk do...

and toady running it now ISNT restoring the service that has been dismantled. just going to rest on what fuck you he got in so far...

jezus

where in the fuck are the post office workers who know the intimate details?

like the contractors who actually did the work of the removal of boxes and sorting machines!??!!?
"disaster is the mother of necessity" rSin

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

demands...

Post by Intrinsic »

Talk to your letter carrier. Talk to the people behind the counter. My experience is these people have pride in their job.

Intrinsic wrote:Yeah the shit is hitting the fan.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/8 ... -necessary" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Trump's lackey at the Postal Service concedes sabotage is causing 'unintended consequences'

In a memo to United States Postal Service employees this week obtained by CNN, Postmaster General Louis DeJoy admitted that there have been "unintended consequences" from the procedural changes he's enacted. He also declared that they are necessary. DeJoy, who has no postal service experience and presumably got the job because he donated big to the Trump campaign and has no moral objections to being a tool put in place to destroy one of the nation's most vital and cherished institutions, wrote that "this transformative initiative has had unintended consequences that impacted our overall service levels."

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/8 ... e-election" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Trump confirms what was already clear: He's killing the Post Office to also destroy the election

The efforts to sabotage the United States Postal Service are anything but subtle. From mail sorting machines removed without reason, to even shelves taken away to slow down hand sorting, Donald Trump’s handpicked postmaster general Louis DeJoy isn’t threatening to destroy the Post Office; he’s destroying the Post Office. 

The reason behind this also isn’t subtle. On Thursday, Donald Trump made it clear that he was attacking the Post Office explicitly to destroy its ability to handle mail-in ballots.
"They want $25 billion, billion, for the Post Office. Now they need that money in order to make the Post Office work so it can take all of these millions and millions of ballots," said Trump. "But if they don't get those two items that means you can't have universal mail-in voting because they're not equipped to have it.”
In the meantime, DeJoy has met directly with not just Trump, but Republican leaders while he has taken out existing leaders at the Post Office who might complain. Nothing about this is hidden or subtle: Donald Trump is engaged in open, explicit, direct sabotage of the upcoming election. And, as always, Republicans are on board.

https://twitter.com/daniel_b_rice/statu ... 09537?s=20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ii
EfV6mCCXkAAHxBK.jpeg
There are COVID implications, as well. Many letter carriers will have to spend more time indoors—often in close proximity to coworkers—as they learn an entirely new sorting system.
There's plenty more like this on Twitter from letter carriers to Clerks.
My own post office, this is a small one, no home delivery, PO Box only. the postmaster told me he was ordered not to deliver Box mail till 4 p.m.,ie letters, instead of the normal 11 a.m. since .. for ever. I said you're the postmaster you can make the rules here, he just Shrugged, wants his job. All the clerks up front have been laid off and it's just him left dealing with the public. Plus at least one sorting guy in the back. I didn't ask further. Poor guy.
Last edited by Intrinsic on Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

demands...

Post by Intrinsic »

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/8 ... suspension" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Reporter finds 'graveyard of mail sorting pieces' at USPS location day after sabotage was suspended

A cautionary tale from Grand Rapids, Michigan, an investigative reporter for WOOD-TV tweets that Postmaster General Louis DeJoy’s sabotage of the U.S. Postal Service continues. 

“Internal sources say mail sorting machines are being dismantled at downtown GR post office,” reporter Heather Walker tweeted Wednesday. “Process started yesterday. Order came from Postmaster General DeJoy.”

Process started yesterday—the same day that Trump-appointed Postmaster General Louis DeJoy supposedly said he would “suspend” the changes he’s been implementing that have slowed mail delivery to a crawl across the country. DeJoy issued the statement after news of his efforts to hamstring mail delivery drew front-page headlines across the country last week, but he also said nothing about reversing the measures he’s already taken to date. 

Michigan Attorney General Deborah Nessel responded to Walker’s tweet: “When people asked why we were determined to continue our lawsuit against the Postmaster General despite his "promise" to discontinue efforts to dismantle the USPS-this is why.”

DeJoy said post office hours would not change, mail processing and collection equipment would not be removed, mail processing facilities would not be closed, and overtime hours would continue to be approved “as needed." Of course, need is purely subjective, especially when DeJoy has every motivation to incapacitate the Postal Service. So maybe those overtime hours will be necessary to continue DeJoy’s urgent dismantling of USPS infrastructure.

Here Walker documents a “graveyard of mail sorting pieces” at a USPS location in West Michigan on Wednesday.
-------
Unable to embed Twitter video so ..
---------
https://twitter.com/i/status/1296122043772133382" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not just Michigan but elsewhere:
Photos show sorting machines in tatters as reports emerge that USPS is still dismantling processing equipment
https://www.rawstory.com/2020/08/photos ... equipment/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Published
 28 mins ago August 19, 2020 By Brad Reed 

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

demands...

Post by Intrinsic »

Butcher Bob wrote:Looks like all the hoopla aboot the PO is a bunch of hogwash...nothing out of the ordinary is going on at the PO.

Seems the real problem lies with states' inability to handle the increased load.
Damn Trump apologist.

“The Postmaster General frankly admitted that he had no intention of replacing the sorting machines, blue mailboxes and other key mail infrastructure,” Pelosi said after speaking to DeJoy.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/08/nancy- ... -machines/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: world where everone gets
Has bestowed Karma : 1668 times
Received Karma : 1063 times

demands...

Post by rSin »

They let colin powell Talk?!?! Well i suppore if they want to drive voters away...
the intolerance of the old order is emerging from the rosy mist in which it has hitherto been obscured.

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1332 times
Received Karma : 929 times

demands...

Post by Butcher Bob »

"...Pelosi said..."

:roflmao:

And before you use MI AG as a source, perhaps you should ask her why she dropped criminal charges (including two manslaughter charges) against 8 public officials (including the former republican governor) for poisoning Flint's water, and let the statute of limitations run out...when she ran on a campaign of putting those people in prison. I certainly wouldn't believe a fukking word out of her mouth.

It's no secret that reps have wanted to privatize the postal service for the last couple decades, but don't confuse that as some nefarious plot by Trump.

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

demands...

Post by Intrinsic »

colin powell talk? Ahh, opened the internet door ..info blast.. shut it quick.

driving 'em to where? let 'em go. For once I feel good sitting under the Democratic tent, well to give the devil his due thanks to Trump.

Sitting over here sucking on my Kool-Aid in the shade, I say we welcome all, the criminals, all under the Democratic tent, everybody. Why shouldn't fuktards hate Trump equally too. Who else they going to vote for? Old Scratch? Or as butcher Bob suggests, throw away your vote in protest of those goddamn Democrats.
Howdy Bob, I hope I have as much fun playing Party politics as you do, now that I finally found a party to get behind
Who Woulda thunk?

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

demands...

Post by Intrinsic »

"don't confuse that as some nefarious plot by Trump."

Postmaster General Louis DeJoy

23 postal executives replaced with cronies.

Postal Watchdog dismantled.

In Trump's own words:
"They want $25 billion, billion, for the Post Office. Now they need that money in order to make the Post Office work so it can take all of these millions and millions of ballots," said Trump. "But if they don't get those two items that means you can't have universal mail-in voting because they're not equipped to have it.”

Yeah wouldn't want to be confused, with past political crimes.
It's okay there has always been sin here. Nothing to see, move along

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1332 times
Received Karma : 929 times

demands...

Post by Butcher Bob »

You did catch the part where the president doesn't have anything to do with the appointment of the postmaster general.....right?