Page 10 of 16

Global warming hoax is Eugenics 2.0

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:05 am
by Dick Fein

Prawn Connery wrote:
Butcher Bob wrote:...and it has the added benefit of being toxic to animal life, making it more effective at balancing CO2 levels. :whistle:

Unfortunately, it's not toxic to the anaerobic bacteria that break algae down when they die, releasing huge amounts of CO2 into the water.

:woohoo:

The water temperature dictates how much co2 the oceans can absorb, okay? They have warm periods and cool periods. El Nino and La Nina, Capiche?

Global warming hoax is Eugenics 2.0

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:55 am
by Prawn Connery
Dick Fein wrote:The water temperature dictates how much co2 the oceans can absorb, okay? They have warm periods and cool periods. El Nino and La Nina, Capiche?

Ah. So liquid absorption of gases has nothing to do with the amount of gases they come in contact with, correct? Nor are those same liquids affected by temperature changes caused by atmospheric warming conditions produced by the same gases which provide a feedback loop, correct?

I guess, using Climate Denialist Potato Logic, that means we can continue to pump as much CO2 into the atmosphere as we like, as the oceans will absorb ever-increasing amounts of CO2 as they continue to cool (cooler liquids being able to absorb more gasses than warmer liquids) . . .

. . . Except oceans temperatures are rising. And so are atmospheric CO2 levels. So your Climate Denialist Potato Logic doesn't seem to be all that logical after all. It would be the opposite of what is currently happening.

Because if Climate Denialist Potato Logic was indeed "logical", temperatures would not continue to rise over time, and no would CO2 build-up in the atmosphere.

The Climate Denialist Potato Logic Trump Card is, of course, that none of these things are really happening. Ocean temperatures are not rising, and neither are CO2 levels.

It's all a conspiracy to steal our potatoes! :bigcry:

Global warming hoax is Eugenics 2.0

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:01 am
by Prawn Connery
Roots wrote:Do you have any links on these puddles...?

No. NASA bribed the internet to remove all the links so it could make even more money out of weather forecasting.

Fortunately, one video escaped.


Global warming hoax is Eugenics 2.0

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:14 am
by Roots
Most of the ocean water has a pretty consistent temperature, more true the deeper you go and the deeper you go the colder the water and the more DO it holds....Have no idea what point I’m trying to make.

Global warming hoax is Eugenics 2.0

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:58 am
by Prawn Connery
Roots wrote:Most of the ocean water has a pretty consistent temperature, more true the deeper you go and the deeper you go the colder the water and the more DO it holds....Have no idea what point I’m trying to make.

You are making a very good point. That point is, El Nino and La Nina are cycles, but they are also localised - they do not raise and lower the temperature of the entire ocean, only parts of it.

And each part is compensated for. So during El Nino events, some parts of the planet experience higher temperatures and more rain than others - which experience lower rainfall and temperatures - which is the opposite for La Nina events.

All of which has NOTHING to do with the mean temperature of the world's oceans - which continue to rise despite the above cycles. (OK, there is a correlation betwen rising ocean temperatures and more extreme La Nina and El Nino events, but one science topic at a time . . .)

And here's the kicker: If what the Climate Denialist Potatoes say is true, how could the ocean possibly be increasing in temperature with an associated rise in CO2 absorption???

Didn't Dick just tell us that CO2 absorption is entirely reliant on water temperatures? And, if so, shouldn't there be LESS CO2 in the oceans as temperatures rise and cannot absorb as much gas?

The problem with the Climate Denialist Pototoes is they don't have a very good understanding of the science because, deep down, they don't trust or believe in science. Instead, they come up with childish analogies that suit their thought processes and find it hard to understand anything beyond their limited capabilities.

I mean, you either understand it or you don't. If you understand something, you are more likely to believe it - including the reasons behind it. If you don't understand something, you are more likely to ridicule it and try to invent alternative hypothoses more suited to your simplistic view of the world.

Global warming hoax is Eugenics 2.0

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:26 am
by Prawn Connery
Dick Fein wrote:The water temperature dictates how much co2 the oceans can absorb, okay? They have warm periods and cool periods. El Nino and La Nina, Capiche?

Hey Dick, I'm confused. :confused:

Are El Nino and La Nina real, or are they also part of your conspiracy theory? If the sky is blue - and El Nino and El Nina are real - does that make us all "group thinkers" to believe it?

You do know that both these climate events are documented and recorded by the same climate scientists who are documenting the current global warming event and CO2 rise, right?

So how do you justify using climate science when it agrees with your argument and not when it doesn't?

Isn't that just a little bit - I don't know - hypocritical?

Global warming hoax is Eugenics 2.0

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:00 pm
by Butcher Bob
Prawn Connery wrote:
Butcher Bob wrote:...and it has the added benefit of being toxic to animal life, making it more effective at balancing CO2 levels. :whistle:

Unfortunately, it's not toxic to the anaerobic bacteria that break algae down when they die, releasing huge amounts of CO2 into the water.

:woohoo:

Oh look, them smart science guys are going to start using that bacteria to treat our waste water...

Old bacteria, new tricks: The future of water purification

...seems they don't think it's a problem. :whistle:

Global warming hoax is Eugenics 2.0

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:21 pm
by Prawn Connery
That's fine for treating water, because you're not trying to keep fish alive in it.
Fish kills often occur when dissolved oxygen concentrations drop to lethal levels during the decomposition of organic matter. When oxygen is depleted, anoxic & hypoxic conditions develop and anaerobic organisms take over the degradation of organic matter. Anaerobic respiration gives rise to hydrogen sulfide and ammonia gas which can also be toxic to fish and other organisms((Connell, D.W., Miller, G.J. 1984. Chemistry and Ecotoxicology of Pollution. John Wiley & Sons, N.Y.)). Degradation of algal biomass derived from algal blooms can cause water column oxygen to be consumed, and often results from excessive nutrient loads (e.g. eutrophication). Some point-sources of nutrients to coastal waterways are wastes from aquaculture operations, sewage discharged from yachts, boats & ships and coastal discharges such as outfalls from industry. The risk imposed by point-sources of nutrients in coastal waterways is higher in areas with large population densities or with significant tourism, and can be estimated by the number of point-sources per unit area of coastline. Nutrients loads diffuse sources (e.g. intensive agriculture in catchments and urban stormwater) are often larger and more difficult to control.

https://ozcoasts.org.au/indicators/coas ... ish_kills/

Etc

This is what I mean: you can take isolated events and try to make anything you want of them, but it is the ecosystem as a whole you have to look at to see the wider impact. This is where the Climate Denialist Potatoes get mashed: they don't look at the big picture - they only look at the bits they want to see.

Global warming hoax is Eugenics 2.0

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:02 pm
by rSin
Speaking of the big picture
How many feet of ocean rise
Are currently 'baked in'to the system
Ie, unavoidable
In the next century?

The ramifications of this questions
Inarguable answer
Are as stark as what
The answer is to what
Happens to the ecosystem
We depend on utterly
When temps go up 3 degrees...

Global warming hoax is Eugenics 2.0

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:20 pm
by Prawn Connery
What a lot of people forget is, yes, the earth's climate has changed throughout its history.

However, human beings have only evolved very recently in the grand scheme of things, and under very specific climatic conditions.

We are one of the few species that has been able to adapt to almost every corner on earth. However, even minor changes to our atmosphere, global temperature and weather events have the potential to wreak catastrophe on large portions of humanity - either directly (heat-waves, flooding, rising sea levels etc) or indirectly, by impacting other species that alter our environment.

The sad part of it all is we also have the potential to prevent or at the very least slow this from happening. All we have to do is stop shitting in our own nest.

I don't even care if I am wrong, to be honest, because that is a best-case scenario. But what if all the smart people who have been studying this are right?

Regardless, do we want to live in a shitty-air, plastic-filled, concrete world with no bio-diversity? I don't.

Global warming hoax is Eugenics 2.0

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:28 pm
by Butcher Bob
Prawn Connery wrote:That's fine for treating water, because you're not trying to keep fish alive in it.

And where exactly do you think that treated waste water goes?


Prawn Connery wrote:Regardless, do we want to live in a shitty-air, plastic-filled, concrete world with no bio-diversity? I don't.

On this, I wholeheartedly concur. :)

Global warming hoax is Eugenics 2.0

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:32 pm
by Jesús Malverde
What the Prawn sed :tup:

Global warming hoax is Eugenics 2.0

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:46 pm
by rSin
Whats sick is that
The people pushing the
Denialist position dont

Neither do the family and set
I had before i became an orphan

That is whenever it would make
Life inconvenient
For some rich fat piece of shit
Theyre worried about

What a feat of marketing
To get you finding
Common cause
With such fiends...

Global warming hoax is Eugenics 2.0

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:21 pm
by Prawn Connery
Butcher Bob wrote:And where exactly do you think that treated waste water goes?

Probably in your drinking water. If not now, then soon enough. They already do it in other parts of the world. They do sterilise it first.

Global warming hoax is Eugenics 2.0

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:44 pm
by Butcher Bob
Prawn Connery wrote:
Butcher Bob wrote:And where exactly do you think that treated waste water goes?

Probably in your drinking water.

Maybe on the space station, but here on planet earth, rural areas use septic fields to return untreated wastewater right back into the aquifer, and in urban areas the wastewater is treated and dumped back into rivers, lakes, oceans, etc. :wink:

Global warming hoax is Eugenics 2.0

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:25 am
by Prawn Connery
That's nice to know, but I'm still not sure what point it is you're trying to make. Perhaps you can spell it out for me.