Global warming hoax is Eugenics 2.0

Unmoderated except for TOU and security breaches.
Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1317 times
Received Karma : 921 times

Post by Butcher Bob »

Prawn Connery wrote:
Butcher Bob wrote:...and it has the added benefit of being toxic to animal life, making it more effective at balancing CO2 levels. :whistle:
Unfortunately, it's not toxic to the anaerobic bacteria that break algae down when they die, releasing huge amounts of CO2 into the water.

:woohoo:
Oh look, them smart science guys are going to start using that bacteria to treat our waste water...

Old bacteria, new tricks: The future of water purification

...seems they don't think it's a problem. :whistle:

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 417 times
Received Karma : 511 times

Post by Prawn Connery »

That's fine for treating water, because you're not trying to keep fish alive in it.
Fish kills often occur when dissolved oxygen concentrations drop to lethal levels during the decomposition of organic matter. When oxygen is depleted, anoxic & hypoxic conditions develop and anaerobic organisms take over the degradation of organic matter. Anaerobic respiration gives rise to hydrogen sulfide and ammonia gas which can also be toxic to fish and other organisms((Connell, D.W., Miller, G.J. 1984. Chemistry and Ecotoxicology of Pollution. John Wiley & Sons, N.Y.)). Degradation of algal biomass derived from algal blooms can cause water column oxygen to be consumed, and often results from excessive nutrient loads (e.g. eutrophication). Some point-sources of nutrients to coastal waterways are wastes from aquaculture operations, sewage discharged from yachts, boats & ships and coastal discharges such as outfalls from industry. The risk imposed by point-sources of nutrients in coastal waterways is higher in areas with large population densities or with significant tourism, and can be estimated by the number of point-sources per unit area of coastline. Nutrients loads diffuse sources (e.g. intensive agriculture in catchments and urban stormwater) are often larger and more difficult to control.
https://ozcoasts.org.au/indicators/coas ... ish_kills/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Etc

This is what I mean: you can take isolated events and try to make anything you want of them, but it is the ecosystem as a whole you have to look at to see the wider impact. This is where the Climate Denialist Potatoes get mashed: they don't look at the big picture - they only look at the bits they want to see.
Last edited by Prawn Connery on Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Licensed to Krill

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: world where everone gets
Has bestowed Karma : 1668 times
Received Karma : 1063 times

Post by rSin »

Speaking of the big picture
How many feet of ocean rise
Are currently 'baked in'to the system
Ie, unavoidable
In the next century?

The ramifications of this questions
Inarguable answer
Are as stark as what
The answer is to what
Happens to the ecosystem
We depend on utterly
When temps go up 3 degrees...
the intolerance of the old order is emerging from the rosy mist in which it has hitherto been obscured.

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Post by Prawn Connery »

What a lot of people forget is, yes, the earth's climate has changed throughout its history.

However, human beings have only evolved very recently in the grand scheme of things, and under very specific climatic conditions.

We are one of the few species that has been able to adapt to almost every corner on earth. However, even minor changes to our atmosphere, global temperature and weather events have the potential to wreak catastrophe on large portions of humanity - either directly (heat-waves, flooding, rising sea levels etc) or indirectly, by impacting other species that alter our environment.

The sad part of it all is we also have the potential to prevent or at the very least slow this from happening. All we have to do is stop shitting in our own nest.

I don't even care if I am wrong, to be honest, because that is a best-case scenario. But what if all the smart people who have been studying this are right?

Regardless, do we want to live in a shitty-air, plastic-filled, concrete world with no bio-diversity? I don't.
Licensed to Krill

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God

Post by Butcher Bob »

Prawn Connery wrote:That's fine for treating water, because you're not trying to keep fish alive in it.
And where exactly do you think that treated waste water goes?

Prawn Connery wrote:Regardless, do we want to live in a shitty-air, plastic-filled, concrete world with no bio-diversity? I don't.
On this, I wholeheartedly concur. :)

Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Munchy Sock since OG lol
Has bestowed Karma : 70 times
Received Karma : 131 times

Post by Jesús Malverde »

What the Prawn sed :tup:
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: world where everone gets
Has bestowed Karma : 1668 times
Received Karma : 1063 times

Post by rSin »

Whats sick is that
The people pushing the
Denialist position dont

Neither do the family and set
I had before i became an orphan

That is whenever it would make
Life inconvenient
For some rich fat piece of shit
Theyre worried about

What a feat of marketing
To get you finding
Common cause
With such fiends...
the intolerance of the old order is emerging from the rosy mist in which it has hitherto been obscured.

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Post by Prawn Connery »

Butcher Bob wrote:And where exactly do you think that treated waste water goes?
Probably in your drinking water. If not now, then soon enough. They already do it in other parts of the world. They do sterilise it first.
Licensed to Krill

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God

Post by Butcher Bob »

Prawn Connery wrote:
Butcher Bob wrote:And where exactly do you think that treated waste water goes?
Probably in your drinking water.
Maybe on the space station, but here on planet earth, rural areas use septic fields to return untreated wastewater right back into the aquifer, and in urban areas the wastewater is treated and dumped back into rivers, lakes, oceans, etc. :wink:

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Post by Prawn Connery »

That's nice to know, but I'm still not sure what point it is you're trying to make. Perhaps you can spell it out for me.
Licensed to Krill