Determining the kids potency by smoking dad

All name brand info and homemade how-to's welcome
messy slob
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Post by messy slob »

The crazy assertion made by Uncle Ben was that smoking males could help determine the potency of his progeny. :roflmao:

He pestered Mr Soul until he finally banned him from the BG help desk.

I have always done progeny tests.

Has anyone ever used the UB smoking method with any success?
Despite their superficial differences, both parties fervently agree on the crucial importance of making life easier for apex predators.

Sun
Kosmic Karma
Kosmic Karma
Custom Title: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Post by Sun »

I grow for taste, not high, so I'm pretty sure males would tell me nothing.....open pollination with many males from the same population is the smart and responsable thing to do.

Getting out of the shower to take a shit is like getting out of your car to order at the drive-thru.

salts
Karma Whore
Karma Whore
Custom Title: lungosauras

Post by salts »

the thread title intrigued me for a sec
http://images.tribe.net/tribe/upload/ph ... 9706835b9d" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hax
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: TrollMod™

Post by Hax »

Smoking the prospective pollen donors will undoubtedly provide some empirical data on their chemotypes. Whether that data is useful or not- my guess is that it would probably be at least to some degree- I'll leave to those with degrees in genetics.

If anything has become clear watching the scene for the past few decades though, it is that small scale breeding is pretty much a waste of time and the best reliably heritable lines are those landraces and those cultivars developed using traditional bulk breeding techniques like large scale directed open pollination.

Probably the only viable use of small scale breeding is to produce random unstable polyhybrids looking for exceptional phenotypes to propagate vegetatively. There at least the randomness of the created genetic output can potentially be put to use.
Click here for free iPod! > http://myplanetganja.com/ucp.php?i=unsubcribe&mode=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

~Uncle Ben~
some karma
some karma
Has bestowed Karma : 2 times
Received Karma : 1 time

Post by ~Uncle Ben~ »

Yet being a fuktard no way discounts the hypothesis. The parents’ genetics are indeed solely responsible for the progeny genetic make up and characteristics (discounting any epigenetic influences). Me being a fucktard in no way would influence that.
Messy knows it, he is asking yall for some empirical evidence, he already “knows” I’m a fucktard. Stupid is as stupid does.

With a lack of empirical evidence you would need to show how the convoluted genetic machinery could cancel the potency influence from the male parent but not the female parent, it is possible but good luck showing it in this case.

messy slob
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Post by messy slob »

Hax wrote:Smoking the prospective pollen donors will undoubtedly provide some empirical data on their chemotypes. Whether that data is useful or not- my guess is that it would probably be at least to some degree- I'll leave to those with degrees in genetics.

If anything has become clear watching the scene for the past few decades though, it is that small scale breeding is pretty much a waste of time and the best reliably heritable lines are those landraces and those cultivars developed using traditional bulk breeding techniques like large scale directed open pollination.

Probably the only viable use of small scale breeding is to produce random unstable polyhybrids looking for exceptional phenotypes to propagate vegetatively. There at least the randomness of the created genetic output can potentially be put to use.
A pack of Apollo 11 seeds would usually yield one female that leaned towards mom (Genius pheno) and one that leaned towards dad (C99 Pheno). The C99 phenos were very much like C99 females with an up racy high. I found with most males, I used they would pass on the same traits as the females of that strain. Does that make sense?

I was able to kick up the potency of the infamous A77 Cali-O with some pure Thai. Smoking a bunch of Thai males to try and determine the most potent would have pointless IMO. The potency of the strain was much higher than the Cali-O to begin with. Degrees of potency would be almost impossible to discern by smoking. Progeny testing would be much better indicator.

Hope that makes sense, this damn NYC diesel just makes me stupid. :p
Despite their superficial differences, both parties fervently agree on the crucial importance of making life easier for apex predators.

Maribou Stork
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: Nightmares
Has bestowed Karma : 21 times
Received Karma : 34 times

Post by Maribou Stork »

Are being dumb and a fucktard mutually exclusive?
Maribou Stork

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1317 times
Received Karma : 921 times

Post by Butcher Bob »

FAGjack wrote:I can assure you that the idiot known to us as Uncle Ben, is actually a Fucktard. :smoke:
FAGjack wrote:
REGlClDE wrote:goddamn`it Uncle Ben is dumb :mrgreen:

No! No! No! :stinkeye:

I told you he's a Fucktard! :pullhair:
Vying to be the new Jap Freak of the site, eh? :roll:
You do see we're in Breeding and Strains, right?
...and you've pulled in two others as well.
It's behavior like that, that keeps folks from takin this place seriously.
...talk aboot yer fuktards. :facepalm:

As fer smokin dad....it won't give you any indication of his combining ability...takes progeny testin fer that. :)

messy slob
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Post by messy slob »

Butcher Bob wrote:

As fer smokin dad....it won't give you any indication of his combining ability...takes progeny testin fer that. :)

I agree and think it was probably one of the stupidest things Kip ever said. However Dick may disagree on that.. :p

FAGjack
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: ~Marijuanero~
Has bestowed Karma : 1 time
Received Karma : 1 time

Post by FAGjack »

Butcher Bob wrote:
FAGjack wrote:I can assure you that the idiot known to us as Uncle Ben, is actually a Fucktard. :smoke:
FAGjack wrote:
REGlClDE wrote:goddamn`it Uncle Ben is dumb :mrgreen:

No! No! No! :stinkeye:

I told you he's a Fucktard! :pullhair:
Vying to be the new Jap Freak of the site, eh? :roll:
You do see we're in Breeding and Strains, right?
...and you've pulled in two others as well.
It's behavior like that, that keeps folks from takin this place seriously.
...talk aboot yer fuktards. :facepalm:

Yer not sticking up for your pal Uncle Ben again are you Bob???? :howyoudoin:

Now as for smoking males............there was a rumour that Sly n Soul did this to select males but in truth.....it'll only give you fucking asthma.......and a bad head. :roll: