webeblzr
good karma
good karma
Has bestowed Karma : 134 times
Received Karma : 174 times

Smelling to good to be true?

Post by webeblzr »

I still have space invaders.
One of the carpenters today, gifted me a few buds. I had gifted him some a few weeks ago.
He opened his small jar and put them on my desk well the folding table that is stuffed in the bedroom as a desk.
My nose picked up a an extreme floral smell. Since he knows nothing of how I get my buds, I could not just say damn that is unnatural, how would I know.
So I thanked him, and got out the loupe. Sure enough the trichrome heads have weird tiny blocks or some are blockish with some irregular shapes maybe from my fingers crushing whatever it is, as I scope them.
If it's a terpene spray, I do not think it's harmful, but why in the fuck do that? He told me it is cheap to buy.
I still have lots in the freezer, and do not need to any.
Is this a common thing today?
As far back as I've been online, how do I flavor my buds, is one of the oldest ask questions. And can I use a black light.

Lrus007
Advanced Grower
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: hash and oil maker
Has bestowed Karma : 1085 times
Received Karma : 1701 times

Post by Lrus007 »

yes terps are quite common now.
i have flavored buds and oils.
i have collected 29 types so far.
the people now like lots of flavor
in there dabs, pens, buds and oils.
My therapist says I am a habitual liar and an attention seeker, therefore nothing I say/write is true and under no circumstances should I be believed nor held accountable for anything I say. all photo's are paintings

People are born with the instinct to fight against their own death, to struggle with their last breath against even the most unavoidable and uncompromising ends.

ben ttech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: godisnotwhite.com
Has bestowed Karma : 389 times
Received Karma : 240 times

Post by ben ttech »

cheers on a good workspace!
"disaster is the mother of necessity" rSin

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 417 times
Received Karma : 511 times

Post by Prawn Connery »

Be careful with the black light. UV can stress plants into producing higher concentrations of cannabinoids and terpenes, but it also breaks them down. The trick is to use just enough UVA to get the desired effect without destroying the plant's good work. I would suggest the lights you've got will already do the trick, but if you do decide to add a bit of black light to all or part of your grow, and you decide to get the buds tested to see if there was any beneficial effect, then I would definitely be interested in the results.

On a side note, a lot of the OG Kush varieties I've tried lately have been heavy on the terps – that seems to be what they're bred for these days. The only problem is, most of them have a pretty generic high. I still grow and smoke a lot of old-skool sativas and indicas that may not taste as good but have a superior high. Some of the younger growers I share with say they've never smoked anything like what I produce because almost no-one here grows sativas indoors any more.
Licensed to Krill

webeblzr
good karma
good karma

Post by webeblzr »

About 5 years ago another friend, opened a wee jar, and a strong loud smell, exploded from it. Like eye watering loud. I told her to cap that shit. She was all delighted with the smell, I found it horrible. I got my loupe and before I could focus the damn thing, my eyes began to water, my nose was dripping, after getting and the fluids mopped up, I got to see the small blue squares, peppered all over the bud. WTF?
I would not smoke any of it, and it got to thinking if it was like bath salts, or the chemical *like weed* sold OTC at bodegas, or gas station counters.
I've had my head in my grows for the past 20+ years, and I tend to ignore much of the world's bullshit, so WTF do I know.
After reading up on the terpenes, yeast grown THC, I think I'll just go back into the basement and grow bud, with the BEST DAMNED LED'S ON EARTH!

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 417 times
Received Karma : 511 times

Post by Prawn Connery »

webeblzr wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:56 pm
I think I'll just go back into the basement and grow bud, with the BEST DAMNED LED'S ON EARTH!
Booya! :tup:
Licensed to Krill

ripper5
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 2159 times
Received Karma : 1584 times

Post by ripper5 »

Please don't flavor my bud. Same with Coffee, tea, & pizza. No crazy flavors or stuffed cheese. Make it really good plain.

webeblzr
good karma
good karma

Post by webeblzr »

Well, I'm back to whine about pre-rolled joints from the state stores. A friend needed my PU to haul some stuff away from his property. I drive over, to see what it is, just shit, nothing a big deal, a simple load it, dump it at the local recycler yard, a fee, of $15.00 and off we go.
He has his MMJ card, and wanted to trade some Pre Rolled, for the help.
I guess I've not smoked much from the shops, but these were tasteless, the high was not from any type of weed I've grown out for the past 23 years now. Hay, comes to mind, sweet grass, but not herb. A wee bit of little elevation, first couple of hits, and then it feels like an unnatural buzz, like lettuce opium is to real dog opium.
He loves the stuff, I just helped him and declined the offer of the PR's.
I think we swapped one cartel for another, better dressed one.

roller24
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 331 times
Received Karma : 493 times

Post by roller24 »

If they were Jeeter brand pre-rolls this could explain....
https://mjbizdaily.com/lawsuit-alleges- ... c-potency/

The pre rolls are probably the worst of the harvest. Like baby food vegetables.
I mmj FL and I stick to the buds by the eighth. Usually pretty top notch.
It must be a significant variation as most states require grows to be within the border of each state.

My daughter is considering morphing her covid lab into an cannacert lab, so if she does, I'll have some inside knowledge to share.

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Has bestowed Karma : 1751 times
Received Karma : 1537 times

Post by Intrinsic »

I've only bought weed from a shop once, last year. homegrown I was packing was a noticeably better high. Awesome bouquet though.
Ended up leaving the rest of it in its little plastic jar on a picnic table for whomever.

Looks like this next summer I'm going to rely on buying weed in Oregon. Any suggestions anyone. Do you get what you pay for? Names I should particularly look for? Only flowers no pre-rolls or whatever