Just canna talk

All name brand info and homemade how-to's welcome
dequelo
good karma
good karma
Received Karma : 4 times

Just canna talk

Post by dequelo »

My friend maybe if we post enough stuff up folks will find us :)

I keep PMing links to people and say check it out some stop some do not

I have 4 dimmable and 4 with select a watt

mine I can run single or double ended but if I was going to buy again the select a watt I like better

as I can run the ballast at 400 watts with a 400 watt bulb my dimmables you can not

they power on to the 1000 watt and dim to 400 watt works with a 1000 watt bulb but not so well with a 400 :(

that is it after blowing thru thousands of plants over the years they become like water off the ducks back :) that is

why I buy 25 or 35 dollar a pack beans if I was killing 15 or 20 dollar a bean seeds I would buy weed

but grow is how we learn to grow :) and then grow more

all the best and be well

Dequilo
Marx Defined The Classes, Kalashnikov Made Them Equal

Better to be Judged by Twelve than Carried by Six

"It is easier to rob by setting up a bank, than by holding up a bank clerk."

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: Turbine Powered Toker
Has bestowed Karma : 521 times
Received Karma : 217 times

Just canna talk

Post by WhiteHotAfterburner »

dequelo wrote:Thank you My Friend for the info :) trying to get us doing grow threads here as I am more than likely done at OverGrow

other than limited activity

maybe we can get some new growers here talking about our work and what we do :)
Hope that helps you to some degree, looks to me like you don’t really need it and do just fine.
kind word for sure :) and thank you this time last year I was dying a slow death right along with my plants :(

what a difference a year makes

thank god it is a weed
The larger led light is a spider farm sf4000, I am very impressed with what it has done with my plants in veg.
same here the cheap ass T-5 replacements I bought as a proof of concept are working out very well, I have used shop lights T-12s

to start plants for year but the bulbs and the fixtures are getting spendy and are junk at best

so I am very happy with these for 9 bucks each
But I am old and resistant to change so switching to led was a hard decision and an expensive one.
Sir you and I belong to the same Club when it comes to that :) I looked at lights and building lights for info about LED

lights and after hours of surfing

myself feel for veg and seedlings the will work for me mostly seedlings I still light a 6500k MH to veg but it could

be an old dog new tricks thing

when I read posts about some grower growing in a 4 foot by 4 foot tent with a LED that is drawing 400 real watts at the wall

and doing 2 1/2 grams a watt or 1000 grams dried and cured bud I have to call bullshit

I watch most of these tent growers struggling to manage 4 or 6 plants in there

come to may place and manger 100s in an 8 foot by 16 foot room they would die and to tell me you pulling 10000 grams of wet weed

out of a 4 by 4 tent to get 1000 grams dried be real

the amount of training they do is not something I need to do with my plant count I am too lazy

if I need to work for weed I will go rob the Sinaloa so much easier and doing a good deed at the same time
I still am using all hid in my flower room as I am hard headed and have a hard time believing the led with so few diodes for flowering will do as well.
I am hard headed as well and most of the people I have talked to about LEDs copy and paste real fast they have good grows

indeed but no where the same as a HID grow in flower

The other one that gets me is when they rail on and on about how much it costs to relamp HID fixtures and how over 50000 hours

the have save thousands of dollars in bulb costs

that is such bullshit I have 5200 watts of MH or HPS 4 double ended fixtures and 2 single ended fixtures and I just relamped them all

160 us dollars to the door for blubs

it would have been less but the 2 single endeds are 600 watter and with 600s you want to play you pay

when they die they are gone but one has a date of 2005 and the other 2008 they will go awhile longer. I got my

money of of them Lumatek 's are work horses
I may try making my own for that process but it won’t save me money but will be more to what I think is better (it may not be).
I have a couple of drivers and 21 - 2 foot strips in 3500k I want to build something to cover 2 foot by 4 foot so I can do SoGs

and work on shelves

I want to try making seeds inside using clones in sea of greens in six inch square pots on shelf I like you think I can build

something better suited to my purpose :) but I could be wrong
The air cooled hood is a vivasun because it was cheaper then most and is a 1000W MH.
I have used lots of their stuff over the years and have to say for the price point their product is very good
I have a blower bringing in fresh air from my main room which is cooled going into the light and exhausted into the attic I created when I framed and drywalled.
back when I worked in hall closets I had a SunSystem air cooled hood that I used 400s in to cover 36 inches by 36 inches

set them up right they will exhaust a shit ton of hot air

back than I was doing about 400 grams dried and cure bud every 8 or 9 weeks, so hard to not use HIDs as they work

It is nice to talk with you about them as you and I are about the same age I would believe and have about the same grow background

I am all ears to listen to what you have to say about it

but some of the harshest HID critics have never used them so how the fuck do they know and some of their grows please

I know I can take almost any strain put them in 3 gallon pots with 4 or 5 weeks of veg from clone put 8 under two 400 watt

HPS for 800 total watts in a 4 foot by 8 foot space and do 800 grams finish buds grow after grow after grow

so 12 or 13 weeks total with no training just growing
Each of my grow rooms are 7’x 9’.
nice size I was thinking of 8 foot by 8 foot and use the rest of my 16 foot by 8 foot addition for my shelf projest
My veg room has one 1000W Mh, and the sf4000 is suppose to be somewhat equivalent of that but only uses 480W, I also have 2 hlg 280W on my smaller plants.
So that is 1840W for the veg room and 4 lights in total.
that is a good amount for the space you are using I have been running my room at 2450 watts in the 8 x 16 with 5 lamps running

all dimmed to 400 I am running a mix MH 6500ks
My flower room has 2 1000W hps lights
dimmable? electronic? double or single ended?
My main room is 22’ x 32’ and only has my hand built rack on it for babies and clones, in the near future this room will also be converted to growing space.
That is a very nice size space :) one big room? or smaller spaces?
As far as medium I am using pro mix hp, I amend according to the size and age of the plants, In veg I am using happy frog soil conditioner, but you have to be careful with it as it is hot so I only use about a fourth of that to soil and also use a little ocean forest in the mix. So my amendments end up being about a third of my soil.
I have used HP for years this spring I go to the wholesaler I buy my stuff at and the 3.8s are 10 dollars more I am like WTF????

so I looked in sales book and found a mix by Lambert they call it their AP all purpose in looks and grows the same and it was

10 bucks cheaper than Pro Mix I do add perlite and vermiculite anyways
I mix differently for each size of plant also because I start with solo cups, then a 1 gallon, to a 3 gallon and then a 5 gallon.
you and I went to the same grow school :) same here I transplant all that I grow I watch people taking and putting a seedling

in a five gallon pail watering the shit out of it

than they want to know why isn't growing? should I feed? why are the leaves yellowing? should I flush it?

the advice LITFA wow that is spot on advice......... not

hows about maybe talking actual grow talk and help some grower really learn to grow
I can be more detailed if need be but this gives you the general idea of what I do....
dude thank you everything I have learn about growing inside is by asking questions and lots of the time they are the ones

that people feel too stupid to ask

I love to talk shop about what we do, how we do it and why we do it that way

I just previewed this :( my bad thought I was in one of my threads :) stoned and wordy

all the best and be safe

Dequilo
Dang! I had to scroll up just to make sure that wasn't 'another' on my wordy posts!

:roflmao:

:winky:

:tup:

:smoke:,
WHAB

Oldjoints

Just canna talk

Post by Oldjoints »

Last edited by Oldjoints on Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

dequelo
good karma
good karma

Just canna talk

Post by dequelo »

Yea I saw a lot of bragging about what was pulled from a small tent. But then there is a lot of seed pimps and younger people posting on OG and that tends to lead to bragging and stretching the truth.
yes sir :) I have learned to take all of the weight numbers with a grain of salt or two ;)
But I have got to hand it to these tent growers, I sure would have a lot harder time trying to grow in a damn tent. Hell I feel crowded in my 7’ x 9’ rooms.
I say that all the time I did two flower runs last fall in a 4 foot by 8 foot tent someone gave to me

I had 2 - 600 watt HPS lights in gull wing reflectors with 15 - 3 gallon pots first run as OK as I started the run and it was

finished before my garage got cold

second run with the same setup was a fucking nightmare at lights out the humidity was at raining

I could not mange it, it was like growing in a ziplock bag I had gray mold and bud rot running rampant :(
And since I am trying to stick to my plant limits (waits for lightening to strike), I veg for at least 2 months and grow my plants large. It almost seems like a sin to veg for a couple weeks and then right to flower and end up with small plants with little to harvest. But then like you I started growing outside with seeds from bags of Colombian Red, Columbia’s Gold, Mexican or whatever I was smoking, and in those days it all had seeds in it.
no plant count so no limit :) I say that until I get dropped :(

I did Sea of Greens for 6 or 8 cycles and for growing smoke fast it does work really very well but I was doing it in

a box on a 4 foot x 8 foot shelf with three - 400 - watt HIDs with mixed MH/HPS I was using 6 inch square pots

with clones vegged for 5 days in soil-less with 24/7 lighting

turned a crop ever 9 weeks doing over a gram a watt a cycle, but at that time a plant count of 128 plants and mothers

and clones waiting was fucking huge

better to veg longer and have less plants you get the same weed I was invited to post at Krusty's Freedom Bucket Forum

I did not post at that time as I was in awe of the numbers they were getting and the treez they grew to me was amazing

they broke or bend ever rule I had heard or read

they posted proof and how they did it what great times :)
The first seeds I ever bought was Skunk#1 from a tiny ad in the back of a playboy magazine. Sure wish I had some of those old seeds that we threw away back in the day. Thai stick, both the large gold color and smaller green sticks, Maui Wowie, Roadkill, and many others.
first seeds I bought was from Nirvana Seed Bank their Top 44 which was outstanding the first week of smoking

after that you could smoke it by the ton

before inside I just got them from the block weed I was hustling
Now there are so many hybrids and polyhybrids polluting the gene pools that it is getting hard to find some of those old school lines, if any even exist.
that is why I am grabbing and making all the regulars I can we will lose the males side of the plant soon enough :(

those genes will be gone and the Prius driving tree huggers on the forums see no problem with this at all :( go figure
My biggest fear is that they make marijuana completely legal and large corporations like Marlboro flood the market with cheap product and make it harder to obtain seeds like what has happened to other crops.
just like Tobacco the pre rolled market will drive Cannabis when recreational is everywhere :( I just want to grow the

plant like Tomatoes that may never come sadly

all the best and be safe

Dequilo

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1332 times
Received Karma : 929 times

Just canna talk

Post by Butcher Bob »

Oldjoints wrote:The first seeds I ever bought was Skunk#1 from a tiny ad in the back of a playboy magazine. Sure wish I had some of those old seeds that we threw away back in the day. Thai stick, both the large gold color and smaller green sticks, Maui Wowie, Roadkill, and many others.
Now there are so many hybrids and polyhybrids polluting the gene pools that it is getting hard to find some of those old school lines, if any even exist.
Ain't that the truth. First beans we got were DJ Short's first batch of Blueberry seeds and Afghani #1, from Marc Emery. Don't forget the Jamaican Lambs Breath/Bread. Now-a-days everything seems so 'average'. I have a hard time liking anything unless it has a distinctive quality aboot it.

Oldjoints

Just canna talk

Post by Oldjoints »

Last edited by Oldjoints on Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Oldjoints

Just canna talk

Post by Oldjoints »

Last edited by Oldjoints on Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

dequelo
good karma
good karma

Just canna talk

Post by dequelo »

WOW!!!! the color of those leaves is perfect :) on the edge of black very nice

I love the leaves on Dank Sinatra beautiful shape

thanks for the look at your plants

be safe and grow well

Dequilo

Oldjoints

Just canna talk

Post by Oldjoints »

Last edited by Oldjoints on Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1332 times
Received Karma : 929 times

Just canna talk

Post by Butcher Bob »

Nice. :toker1:

Curious aboot how them Banner crosses turn out. I've picked up the Bruce Banner a few times, and it's always been a solid. :)