Diesel Blueberry

All name brand info and homemade how-to's welcome
Oldjoints

Diesel Blueberry

Post by Oldjoints »

My favorite of these would be the Killer Queen. The smoke is very earthy and needs a good cure. But it has a good high and helps with pain. The smoothest would be the Tangerine Dream closely followed by the Mango Dream. Both have slight fruity undertones on the exhale. All are fairly potent but in my opinion the Killer Queen is the strongest of this bunch. The Tangerine Dream and Mango Dream being the largest yielders.

Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Munchy Sock since OG lol
Has bestowed Karma : 70 times
Received Karma : 131 times

Diesel Blueberry

Post by Jesús Malverde »

Tangerine Dream is nice, can't wait 'til our states go legal rec. It's really pretty amazing to go down to the pot shops and try almost any variety you want whenever you want all packaged up and ready to smoke.
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow

Hal 9000
some karma
some karma
Has bestowed Karma : 125 times
Received Karma : 25 times

Diesel Blueberry

Post by Hal 9000 »

Fire it up! Machine Lives Matter

Cannabis data lacking, but machine learning could help fill the gap

https://phys.org/news/2020-09-cannabis- ... e-gap.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Different flavonoids and terpenes can make seemingly similar varieties taste and smell different, and secondary cannabinoids may influence whether it's relaxing or stimulating, sedating or creativity-inspiring.

The only way to truly know what's in a variety is to measure the chemicals.

"But because regulations only require reporting on a few compounds like THC and CBD, there's very little data being collected on these other compounds or how they interact," said Vergara. "We're not getting the whole picture."
Jesús Malverde wrote:Tangerine Dream is nice, can't wait 'til our states go legal rec. It's really pretty amazing to go down to the pot shops and try almost any variety you want whenever you want all packaged up and ready to smoke.
Variety names like Girl Scout Cookies or Gorilla Glue give the impression of standardization—buy it in one place and you'll get the same product as if you buy it elsewhere, many assume.

But that's often not the case, says study 

Curiously, some varieties with the same name showed up in different clusters.

"This study reaffirms the misnaming of Cannabis varieties by the industry," the authors noted. "Strain name is not indicative of potency or overall chemical makeup."
Curious. I can't get out to the bud shops so has anyone experience difference between the same Variety in different shops or different times?

Oldjoints

Diesel Blueberry

Post by Oldjoints »

Curious. I can't get out to the bud shops so has anyone experience difference between the same Variety in different shops or different times?
Absolutely,
It’s just like buying seed, I only try to buy from the original breeder, others will buy thier product and make seed that isn’t near the quality of the original. I have bought the same strain from several dispenseries that were nothing like the strain they represent.

Oldjoints

Diesel Blueberry

Post by Oldjoints »

Banner x Strawberry Banana
F5990415-AF2A-4E62-AE45-D7F9F967EB77.jpeg
Banner x GG4
2F654851-BD40-46C5-B474-7230ACB0F9E4.jpeg
DJ Blueberry
568B28EC-16CD-4AAE-8BC0-AC1C50325B26.jpeg
Dank Sinatra
D86E1F31-9733-4438-BA59-1DFEF62199FB.jpeg
Sour Animal x Mac
BC2CC11D-67C7-4BF5-9FB2-EB24CB58443A.jpeg

Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Munchy Sock since OG lol
Has bestowed Karma : 70 times
Received Karma : 131 times

Diesel Blueberry

Post by Jesús Malverde »

Hal 9000 wrote:Fire it up!
Yes, definitely. There really were no defined standards going in from a completely unregulated market, and inevitably the chaos and opportunism carried on into the new regime. Some growers seem to consistently deliver product that seems true to type and others clearly don't. Fad strains of the month with high demand are probably where the greatest liberties are taken.
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 417 times
Received Karma : 511 times

Diesel Blueberry

Post by Prawn Connery »

I've got two versions of Girl Scout Cookies here I've been smoking trying to tell how much difference is between them, or even if they're from the same clone. It's hard to tell, as they were grown by different people. That's what people sometimes forget: it's how you grow the same strain than can make the difference. Harvesting a week earlier or later can have quite an effect on the overall profile, as well as the light it was grown under. We've seen that with the same strains grown under different lights by the same grower using the same nutrients etc. It's no secret to those who grow.
Licensed to Krill

Oldjoints

Diesel Blueberry

Post by Oldjoints »

I took the Tangerine Dream pictured a few posts above and pollinated a few lower branches with a Brothers Grimm C-99. Thought I would show the progeny of the cross:
229D24EA-4765-4CB5-922D-332128EA408A.jpeg
0A81E7A1-7807-4D1C-B494-03F7C799B26A.jpeg

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Has bestowed Karma : 1751 times
Received Karma : 1537 times

Diesel Blueberry

Post by Intrinsic »

:fly: Fake news :grin:

No plant can look that healthy, seriously.

Curious how you pollinate, shake And reshake the pollen in a baggie, I tried to paintbrush method but it never worked?

Oldjoints

Diesel Blueberry

Post by Oldjoints »

I’ve got plenty of time to screw it up....