All name brand info and homemade how-to's welcome
ripper5
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 2168 times
Received Karma : 1602 times

Budget-friendly strains?

Post by ripper5 »

Bubblicious, White Widow, Northern Lights, Ak48, Hawiian Skunk,....all absolutely worth growing...stay away from their Blue Mystic ...imo ..it was small yield & weak high

Dick Fein
Karma Jackpot
Karma Jackpot
Custom Title: Wiki Freak

Budget-friendly strains?

Post by Dick Fein »

You can never judge from one package but I never wanted to buy those knock offs. If possible I went to the source. Sometimes they disappointed too. Of course now it's open season everyone has a version of every strain. It is probably a good thing.

Lrus007
Advanced Grower
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: hash and oil maker
Has bestowed Karma : 1110 times
Received Karma : 1735 times

Budget-friendly strains?

Post by Lrus007 »

well here is gypsy describing the thai stick..
Description:
In the 60's and 70's there was very little herbal cannabis available and much of what was available was known globally as "Thai Stick". It is estimated that a vast amount of all herbal cannabis sold in many places was this variety and other varieties were generally considered to be of lower quality. Rumour has it that the early thai sticks were dipped in Opium, though towards the 70's this was later changed to Cannabis Oils. What is agreed on is that the buds used to produce Thai stick were generally very good quality and often far outshone the other available brands. With the advent of home growing and better breeding methods the sticks were gradually replaced over time but not before earning themselves a place in the hearts of old time smokers and those famous canna-urban legends.

A recent trip to Thailand into the south region of the Nong Khai Province saw us meeting with some of the original farmers who grew this strain back in the 60's and 70's and offered us a priceless opportunity to both discuss the old methods and, best of all, acquire some of the progeny of those original plants. We have now brought those seeds back and would love the opportunity to offer people a chance to 'grab a slice of history' so to speak. Many times over the last 10 years we have been asked to get these and have not been able to acquire a reliable and validated source. This, i'm proud to say, is no longer the case. This limited edition batch is going to make some of you incredibly happy, of that i am in no doubt at all.

As a tropical Sativa we do not recommend you take on this strain lightly. It has not been grown and stabilised to modern western standards and retains much of it's original charm. It is simply a good, unadulterated historic strain sourced directly from those who grew the original. There may be expressions of different phenos and other issues associated with taking an indigenous strain and growing it away from it's natural environ. Before you bid on a pack of these we strongly recommend you take a moment to research strains from this area and the area itself to familiarise yourself with the plants requirements and natural environment. The reward will be a chance to relive one of the most important historic types of Sativa. Not many of us can say we have genuinely grown this for ourselves and even fewer will be able to remember the original sticks themselves ( especially after trying one! ).

As for the smoke report, well, i'm not going to sell this to you. You have no doubt heard the fond stories relating to this strain and seen the distant glazed look people in the know get when they remember this strain. I'd hate to spoil that experience by giving you a preview. You really need to try this for yourself, as a description from me would do it no justice at all.

A true gem you wont find anywhere else, we are proud to offer it to you and apologise profusely for the wait! . . . . . . . Gypsy Nirvana

Flowering 11-14 weeks
would seem that they were his seeds. sounded like they were his.

was nothing like the old thai
glad you had good choices that turned out from nirvana seeds.
my luck sucked.. not trying to start anything about it. just my story.
Lrus007
My therapist says I am a habitual liar and an attention seeker, therefore nothing I say/write is true and under no circumstances should I be believed nor held accountable for anything I say. all photo's are paintings

People are born with the instinct to fight against their own death, to struggle with their last breath against even the most unavoidable and uncompromising ends.

Roots

Budget-friendly strains?

Post by Roots »

If you can buy medical mj why can’t you buy clones?

ripper5
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Budget-friendly strains?

Post by ripper5 »

I didn't mean to sound angry Lrus, I wasn't. I was tripping. Lol
Sure Nirvana seeds are knock offs, but they're budget friendly, quality as far as my own experiences went. It was because of how much I liked their versions, that I eventually shelled out the mula for Thseed's Bubblegum, as well as Shantbaba's Black (white) widow. All good stuff imo.

Oldjoints

Budget-friendly strains?

Post by Oldjoints »

Gypsy is pretty much a broker for others work. And unfortunately not a good person. Personally I wouldn’t put a penny in his accounts. I’m not saying others shouldn’t, just stating my personal distaste for that person. Most strains he has can be gotten elsewhere anyway from the actual breeder.

ripper5
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Budget-friendly strains?

Post by ripper5 »

Once again, unless I'm mistaken, Nirvana Seeds are not affiliated with Gypsy Nirvana, in any way.. I've always had quick & awesome service from the Doc for ordering all of my purchases including , Nirvana seeds, thseeds, & Mr. Nice seeds.
Way back when, I made my 1st purchase of Bog's Lifesavers thru Seeds Direct...its been Doc Chronic for me ever since. Usually only takes a week ...from England to my mailbox here.

Oldjoints

Budget-friendly strains?

Post by Oldjoints »

Ripper,
Yes I realize gypsy is not involved with Nirvana Shop, if I’m not mistaken the owner is Mau. I was poorly trying to explain why others would have anomosity towards Gypsy Nirvana. My apologies if I did a poor job of it.

ripper5
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Budget-friendly strains?

Post by ripper5 »

It's all good OJ! Just trying to be understood.

Lrus007
Advanced Grower
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: hash and oil maker
Has bestowed Karma : 1110 times
Received Karma : 1735 times

Budget-friendly strains?

Post by Lrus007 »

no harm no foul, i did not mean to seem rude.
hope the poster finds a good deal on good seeds.
Lrus007
My therapist says I am a habitual liar and an attention seeker, therefore nothing I say/write is true and under no circumstances should I be believed nor held accountable for anything I say. all photo's are paintings

People are born with the instinct to fight against their own death, to struggle with their last breath against even the most unavoidable and uncompromising ends.