Root zone temperature.

All name brand info and homemade how-to's welcome
Dick Fein
Karma Jackpot
Karma Jackpot
Custom Title: Wiki Freak

Root zone temperature.

Post by Dick Fein »

Is that because you decided that is the optimum temperature for your technique or is that just what you are forced to deal with? We have all had to do things that may not have been ideal.

Dick Fein
Karma Jackpot
Karma Jackpot
Custom Title: Wiki Freak

Root zone temperature.

Post by Dick Fein »

MadMoonMan wrote:GRRRRR! Found an ant colony nested in one of my flowering Burmese Kush 5 gallon pots.

had to bare root and re-transplant. So far so good. Rough up the girl a lot but she is hardy. she is in 1st month of flowering end of and gorgeous.

So far so good watering well kissing often ... no wilt ...
Did they bring aphids in with them?

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 420 times
Received Karma : 517 times

Root zone temperature.

Post by Prawn Connery »

Dick Fein wrote:Is that because you decided that is the optimum temperature for your technique or is that just what you are forced to deal with? We have all had to do things that may not have been ideal.
It's the environment I live in. It gets over 40C in summer here, but I still grow year-round. Best yields are in autumn and spring when daytime temps are in the mid-high 20s, dropping to 10-15C overnight. My lights are on at night, so growroom temps will be about 10C higher. I don't run aircon, but I've just helped a mate set up a commercial grow with aircon and we measured temps under the canopy at just under 30C - the plants seem to love it.

When you think about it, sativas evolved in the tropics and indicas in Central Asia where day-time temps are nearly always above 30C. Nights in Central Asia are usually cool, but in the tropics they're hot and humid. Warmer temps accelerate growth up to a point. I've found anything over 35C and the plants tend to stretch a little as the buds thin out and yields suffer a bit. I'll see heat stress above 45C indoors over a prolonged period, but anything under that is usually manageable.
Licensed to Krill