Sex reversing

All name brand info and homemade how-to's welcome
jesus

Sex reversing

Post by jesus »

I realize people are using gibberillic acid to make female seeds from female clones. At least I think that's how it works. But has anyone reversed a female to breed it with another high quality female of a different strain?

What would the results look like genetically? Feminized still? Would they be F1 hybrids?

I can think of a whole slew of advantages.

bentech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: eye the witch Melancholy
Has bestowed Karma : 33 times
Received Karma : 28 times

Sex reversing

Post by bentech »

thought thats what light leaks were for?!?!?
"we must strive to become good ancestors" nader
https://www.myplanetganja.com/viewforum.php?f=48
FUCK jimmydorecomedy.com

country boy

Sex reversing

Post by country boy »

What are these 'advantages'?

jesus

Sex reversing

Post by jesus »

Well just the fact that you dont have to guess about what male to use. Yield and potency can be more directly bred I think. Along with just about everything else. I also think it will make breeding easier because recessive and dominant traits will stand out more readily in offspring.

Just by eliminating the unknown (male) it just seems like breeding should get a whole lot more direct.

The possibilities arising from two high potency females bred directly together just blows my mind.

deran
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: time bandit
Has bestowed Karma : 63 times
Received Karma : 107 times

Sex reversing

Post by deran »

and rightly so

reversing is just a tech for breeding, and a shortcut, and a plan b backup (female to male reversal)

selfing would be a f2, crossing it with other stuff results in a theoretical f1

dont forget to try both ways A x B and B x A for easier progeny evaluation

btw GA isnt the best tool for reversal, most do it with silver nowadays, either sts or cs, the latter would be my 1st choice, not that ga wont work, but it has more unwanted side efects
awoken the right way

Roots

Sex reversing

Post by Roots »

You can only make a filial generation F1 using stabilized seeds....So unless you know some farmer who lives up in the hills who has been away from civilization since before the Internet you'll probably never grow a f1.

jesus

Sex reversing

Post by jesus »

Go troll somewhere else. Or contribute.

deran
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: time bandit
Has bestowed Karma : 63 times
Received Karma : 107 times

Sex reversing

Post by deran »

time for roots to crawl down that particular hill and to visit some strains 101 tutorial for noobs

fyi roots - never in history of weed were so many stable strains to choose from than they are today
awoken the right way

Roots

Sex reversing

Post by Roots »

jesus wrote:Go troll somewhere else. Or contribute.

Name a F1 you've grown?...F doesn't stand for first like everyone believes.

Roots

Sex reversing

Post by Roots »

deran wrote:time for roots to crawl down that particular hill and to visit some strains 101 tutorial for noobs

fyi roots - never in history of weed were so many stable strains to choose from than they are today

Bullshit! Breeders don't use large populations anymore or take things to the seventh or eighth generation before releasing their work....The globalization caused by the Internet and greed has killed the art of breeding....Mine and your definition of stable must be greatly different.