Sex reversing

All name brand info and homemade how-to's welcome
jesus

Sex reversing

Post by jesus »

Let's see someone is going to mention "from distinctly different genotypes" now.

Ok.

What is a disctinctly different genotype now that we can look right at it?

Are you saying that by looking at the DNA directly instead of the DNA's final product that a distinct gene cant be found? Are you saying that if a cross of two unstable poly-hybrids was made then stabilized you wouldnt call the original cross F1? Even though the parents have different names and the whole process can be repeated and duplicated with different plants of the same name?

I think you two are too busy looking backwards.

bentech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: eye the witch Melancholy
Has bestowed Karma : 33 times
Received Karma : 28 times

Sex reversing

Post by bentech »

bump
"we must strive to become good ancestors" nader
https://www.myplanetganja.com/viewforum.php?f=48
FUCK jimmydorecomedy.com

Roots

Sex reversing

Post by Roots »

jesus wrote:
country boy wrote:
jesus wrote: a cross between strains of distinct genotypes....
Crossing unstabilized poly-hybrids does not make f1's....
Definition of F1 GENERATION
: the first generation produced by a cross and consisting of individuals heterozygous for characters in which the parents differ and are homozygous—called also first filial generation

It does to everybody but a few potheads.

How about the thread topic?

It's only potheads that think a simple cross equals an F1, back in the OG day before Rez and SubCool and all the other closet hacks started using their online reputations to peddle seeds things were a lot different.

Roots

Sex reversing

Post by Roots »

Butters wrote:
Roots wrote:You can only make a filial generation F1 using stabilized seeds....So unless you know some farmer who lives up in the hills who has been away from civilization since before the Internet you'll probably never grow a f1.
Ace seeds in Spain works with several F5-F7 stabilized hybrids and a bunch of landrace strains, so the crosses they make from them are "real" F1 hybrids, including the feminised crosses.
Cannabiogen, Underground, Delicatessen, Tropical, African, and Southern Star also work some stabilized and landrace strains...some members of the old vibes collective keep quite a few old landraces preserved, not hard to find on the Spanish boards.

I'm sure that's true.....there are still real breeders and preservationist left in this world....but the mojority are just seed pushing hacks.

Roots

Sex reversing

Post by Roots »

jesus wrote:Let's see someone is going to mention "from distinctly different genotypes" now.

Ok.

Are you saying that by looking at the DNA directly instead of the DNA's final product that a distinct gene cant be found? Are you saying that if a cross of two unstable poly-hybrids was made then stabilized you wouldnt call the original cross F1? Even though the parents have different names and the whole process can be repeated and duplicated with different plants of the same name?

F1's arn't stablelized no matter what parents you use. It takes generations using large populations to stabilize a plant. Open pollination using many males from within the same population is best for creating and stabilizing a strain. Selectively breeding for one or two traits ( Yield and smell ) using small populations isn't putting you on a path to stabilize a strain.

deran
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: time bandit
Has bestowed Karma : 63 times
Received Karma : 107 times

Sex reversing

Post by deran »

Roots wrote:
deran wrote:time for roots to crawl down that particular hill and to visit some strains 101 tutorial for noobs

fyi roots - never in history of weed were so many stable strains to choose from than they are today

Bullshit! Breeders don't use large populations anymore or take things to the seventh or eighth generation before releasing their work....The globalization caused by the Internet and greed has killed the art of breeding....Mine and your definition of stable must be greatly different.
afghani, c99, haze, hindu kush, blueberry, bubbegum, skunk - all stable strains of the old, new banks do a lot of backcrossing, admittedly with small populations, and release stable enough varieties, spanish landrace banks like ace or cbg offer true stable landrace strains - there is plenty to choose for parental material
awoken the right way

deran
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman

Sex reversing

Post by deran »

jesus wrote:Let's see someone is going to mention "from distinctly different genotypes" now.

Ok.

ill try to explain it what he wanted to say (i think lol)

lets take 4 stable strains as an example, affi, thai, bubblegum and malawi

malawi X affi = f1
thai X bubblegum = f1

but when you cross those f1`s like (malawiXaffi)X(thaiXbubblegum) wont result in a new f1, it is still a "simple" 4-way cross

to achive a f1 from those above, first you have to stabilize each cross via inline breeding and/or backcrossing for a few generations (from my expierience from 4 to over 12 generations), when malawiXaffi is stable like thaiXbubblegum then its time to cross them to get the new wanted f1 of those 4 strains and not a 4-way

same goes for simple one on one matings, parents have to be stable to become an f1, just used the 4 way for easier understanding
awoken the right way

Munchy
Board Administrator
Karma Monster
Karma Monster
Custom Title: UnhingedMotherfucker
Has bestowed Karma : 499 times
Received Karma : 983 times

Sex reversing

Post by Munchy »

bentech wrote:thought thats what light leaks were for?!?!?
maybe if you're trying to breed hermies :rolleyes:
Prohibition is Futile Image THC will be Assimilated
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ How To Pass Drug Tests ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

deran
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman

Sex reversing

Post by deran »

Munchy wrote:
bentech wrote:thought thats what light leaks were for?!?!?
maybe if you're trying to breed hermies :rolleyes:

:roflmao:

light leaks are used to find true females

funny, how 2 opposite statements are totally valid and true :wink:
awoken the right way

deran
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman

Sex reversing

Post by deran »

deran wrote:

Ok.

ill try to explain it what he wanted to say (i think lol)

lets take 4 stable strains as an example, affi, thai, bubblegum and malawi

malawi X affi = f1
thai X bubblegum = f1

but when you cross those f1`s like (malawiXaffi)X(thaiXbubblegum) wont result in a new f1, it is still a "simple" 4-way cross

to achive a f1 from those above, first you have to stabilize each cross via inline breeding and/or backcrossing for a few generations (from my expierience from 4 to over 12 generations), when malawiXaffi is stable like thaiXbubblegum then its time to cross them to get the new wanted f1 of those 4 strains and not a 4-way

same goes for simple one on one matings, parents have to be stable to become an f1, just used the 4 way for easier understanding

sometimes i need to quote myself just for the fun of it :fubird:

joke aside, whats important to this thread is the fact that the above written procedure can be made with females only - without males - and that will result in 400% faster breeding

100% for space saved by males
200% for no male progeny testing
400% for beeing able to do A X B as well as B X A

take that noobs ! :emp:

:woohoo:
awoken the right way