For the hydro-heads
Mothers Penis
Karma Whore
Karma Whore
Has bestowed Karma : 7 times
Received Karma : 47 times

RDWC PPM helps plz

Post by Mothers Penis »

So I'm at 12 days into flowering and I still cant get the ferts straight with Optimum Hydroponix A+B , it's either too low or too high ... fuck it , tomorrow I'm buying and switching for GH and Lucas formula ... ... Unless maybe Sun can come out and share his new and improved formula ?? ... I'll hold my breath while waiting ...
May the Penis be with you .

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: Turbine Powered Toker
Has bestowed Karma : 521 times
Received Karma : 217 times

RDWC PPM helps plz

Post by WhiteHotAfterburner »

Mothers Penis wrote:So I'm at 12 days into flowering and I still cant get the ferts straight with Optimum Hydroponix A+B , it's either too low or too high ... fuck it , tomorrow I'm buying and switching for GH and Lucas formula ... ... Unless maybe Sun can come out and share his new and improved formula ?? ... I'll hold my breath while waiting ...
IF your mix is too high, Mother, you just add more water to it to bring it down to where you want it. I used a one part nutrient and never had any problems like that, luckily.

How's it going with the nutrient temp issue? Were you able to find yourself a "water cooler"?

Take care, Mother!,
WHAB

Mothers Penis
Karma Whore
Karma Whore

RDWC PPM helps plz

Post by Mothers Penis »

Hey Whab !

My nute mix is all fucked up , either they yellow up or they burn ... what is that nutrient you use in (R)DWC) ??

My water temp are now ok since weather gets cold night now ... I did found a "ghetto water chiller" for free but it wont be needed until next June .
I did get pythium and I'm experimenting Virkon to control it , so far so good , I do find Virkon to work better then plain H2o2 ...

Most likely this crop will end into hash making and compost ... cant wait to start up fresh with the Luca Formula . Oh well live and learn eh ?

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

RDWC PPM helps plz

Mothers Penis wrote:Hey Whab !

My nute mix is all fucked up , either they yellow up or they burn ... what is that nutrient you use in (R)DWC) ??

My water temp are now ok since weather gets cold night now ... I did found a "ghetto water chiller" for free but it wont be needed until next June .
I did get pythium and I'm experimenting Virkon to control it , so far so good , I do find Virkon to work better then plain H2o2 ...

Most likely this crop will end into hash making and compost ... cant wait to start up fresh with the Luca Formula . Oh well live and learn eh ?
I used Supernatural Brand Powder Nutrients.

Here is a description offered at one site...
Supernatural Brand Powder Nutrients are a revolutionary one part nutrient system. They contain pharmaceutical grade vitamin B-1 (Thiamine Hydrochloride), and the highest quality source salts and minerals. These powders are actually more like dust in their consistency as they are turbo milled and chelated to homogenize and blend. They are fast dissolving in room temperature water and are treated with a dye so you know when there is nutrient present. These powders are pH Smart© and will buffer your water to the correct pH for maximum absorption of nutrient. The powders are buffered differently for aeroponics, hydroponic or soilless based growth systems. The soilless mix powders called "Terra" are buffered slightly less and have a higher salt and mineral content than the "Aqua" which are designed specifically for hydroponics. The "Aero" blends are made specifically for use in growing systems where there is no substrate or media as it contains ammonia free nitrogen. Use the correct product for your system.
And, just to be clear, I used it in WaterFarms and Ebb&Flo, but it shouldn't matter just as long as it's hydro.

I'm glad to hear your temps have moderated and am quite pleased you found a "free" "chiller"....that's great news....at least you'll be prepared when you need it next time :tup:

You're just 12 days into flower, so there is plenty of time remaining to save it. Hydro is quite forgiving and you'll notice results from any changes you make much quicker than in non-hydro....but there's nothing wrong with making hash out of it either :toker1:

Live and learn, indeed :winky:

:rollitiup:

Take care, Mother!,
WHAB

roller24
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 331 times
Received Karma : 493 times

RDWC PPM helps plz

Post by roller24 »

I use the GH 3 part, always have. I found if you use a slightly weakened formula from the label instructions, the plants do very well.
If I use full strength, then the plants do well, but with a slight tip burn, which is not uncommon in Hydro.

Also, Ive had great success with Super Thrive to help revive the root damaged plants.

Sun
Kosmic Karma
Kosmic Karma
Custom Title: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RDWC PPM helps plz

Post by Sun »

3 part at 1/3 strength
Pro Tekt at full
Cal-Mag at full
B'cuzz bloom or flower at full
PH up or down...not very important, got to figure that one out on your own, I would start off with no PH for veg and maybe 10-20 drops up for flower

Getting out of the shower to take a shit is like getting out of your car to order at the drive-thru.

Mothers Penis
Karma Whore
Karma Whore

RDWC PPM helps plz

Post by Mothers Penis »

Thx Sun , same formula for vegetative and blooming stage or is that only for blooming ??

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

RDWC PPM helps plz

How's things going, Mother?

I can't help with those recipes, sorry....I would have piped in if I could have...

I hope all is well with the ladies and you!

:rollitiup:

:wave:,
WHAB

Mothers Penis
Karma Whore
Karma Whore

RDWC PPM helps plz

Post by Mothers Penis »

Thx for asking Whab .

Well this crop end up to be the worst I ever done , harvesting only 6 oz ... I did lots of mistakes on it , but I did learn from them .
1st mistake was to start a RDWC in summer with no water chiller ... I did manage to control the pythium a bit with Virkon , but it wasn't enough .
2nd mistake , and that was a real stupid one , was to take my water level measurements in one room , then move the system in another room without rechecking the water level .. So my 30L mark that was leaving a 2 inch air gap in the 1st room wined up to be 40L with no air gap in the 2nd room ...
And my 3rd mistake was trying to experiment with my old ferts. when I should of just go with a proven and tested formula (Lucas) .

So now I got 2 new clones in my small bubbler under fluros waiting to go in the RDWC under the HIDs , got the right ferts. with the right formula , done lots of reading (Ask Lucas) that helped demystify a few question I had , got my water level marks in check at 10L , 15L , 20L , 25L and 30L also the high temps are not a problem anymore , in fact we are suppose to have our 1st snow at Halloween .

Hopefully I will not fuck-up the next one ... The 6oz I've done is still very tasteful and potent , and more then enough to last me until the next harvest since I only smoke about 10-14 grams per month .

Keep it fun and safe .

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

RDWC PPM helps plz

Mothers Penis wrote:Thx for asking Whab .

Well this crop end up to be the worst I ever done , harvesting only 6 oz ... I did lots of mistakes on it , but I did learn from them .
1st mistake was to start a RDWC in summer with no water chiller ... I did manage to control the pythium a bit with Virkon , but it wasn't enough .
2nd mistake , and that was a real stupid one , was to take my water level measurements in one room , then move the system in another room without rechecking the water level .. So my 30L mark that was leaving a 2 inch air gap in the 1st room wined up to be 40L with no air gap in the 2nd room ...
And my 3rd mistake was trying to experiment with my old ferts. when I should of just go with a proven and tested formula (Lucas) .

So now I got 2 new clones in my small bubbler under fluros waiting to go in the RDWC under the HIDs , got the right ferts. with the right formula , done lots of reading (Ask Lucas) that helped demystify a few question I had , got my water level marks in check at 10L , 15L , 20L , 25L and 30L also the high temps are not a problem anymore , in fact we are suppose to have our 1st snow at Halloween .

Hopefully I will not fuck-up the next one ... The 6oz I've done is still very tasteful and potent , and more then enough to last me until the next harvest since I only smoke about 10-14 grams per month .

Keep it fun and safe .
With the issues you've described 6oz sounds like a success to me :smile: Visible marks for fluid levels is a great idea.

And, yay! Winter....I like Winter :smoke:

I'm sure you'll do better with what you've learned :toker1: I'm very glad you've got something plentiful and tasty to hold you over till your next harvest. I hope you'll let us in on it so maybe others can observe and learn

Would you mind posting your formula (Lucas)? If you feel comfortable with the formula I'd like to put it in the Charts and Schedules thread I made. It might help others.

All the best, Mother! :bonghitter:

Take care :wave:,
WHAB