Closet 250 watt Chronic in Hempy Tub

For the hydro-heads
JapanFreak

Post by JapanFreak »

Day 4 of flower

These are 6 Serious Seeds Chronic clones in a single 60 liter tub filled with about 40 liters of recycled and 'sterilized' perlite. I use GH 3-part and follow the direction on the back the bottles with epsome salt. For a foliar spray during veg and the first few weeks of flower I dilute the nutrient mix for that stage down to 1/3 strength and add a touch of dish detergent for a wetting agent and spray almost every day. I also use a Japanese product called HB-101 which is made from tree saps and helps fight disease.

The tub will hold about 10 liters of water in the bottom and I feed about once a week but really go by the look of the plants, sometimes more sometimes less.

I usually veg about 14 days, take the lower 4 nodes for clones and flip. I harvest at 55 days and I'm averaging about 160 grams with a 250 watt hps light. I would really like to get the number up to 180 and that's my goal. Some silica is coming my way next week so hopefully that will give me a little boost.

I also wouldn't mind getting a new bulb for this light since the one I'm using is probably over 2 years old :whistle:

Dunza Ranks
Karma Whore
Karma Whore
Custom Title: throwstones@police

Post by Dunza Ranks »

Lookin very tidy...... :tup:
" To have the truth in your possession you can be found guilty, sentenced to death. " - Peter Tosh
http://www.freebujubanton.com

smokebreaks
The Big Cheese
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: High Society Stoner
Has bestowed Karma : 184 times
Received Karma : 338 times

Post by smokebreaks »

That's looking very nice JF.. Lots of vigorous new growth, can't ask for much better... 2 Years on that bulb huh? What manufacturer are you using?
GOVERNMENT WARNING: Marijuana use can cause complex thoughts leading to better ideas of how to live your life. Caution, free thinking has been routinely reported with continued use.

JapanFreak

Post by JapanFreak »

It's a hortilux that had gone through many cycles and I was only keeping it as a spare, when the agro-sun blew I started using it again. That means it's probably closer to 3 year's use. Every time I order bulbs I look for those threads that compare agro-sun and hortilux and than I forget which is the more popular. I could swear that the plant formation is better with the hortilux but who knows.

nobodyknew
Karma Jackpot
Karma Jackpot
Custom Title: Intangibles Inc.
Has bestowed Karma : 8 times
Received Karma : 6 times

Post by nobodyknew »

What's the chronic like as a smoke......?
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime,somewhere someone said to themselves
"You know - I really want to set those people over there on fire but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." George Carlin R.I.P

JapanFreak

Post by JapanFreak »

Well I certainly wouldn't brag about it. The smoke is fine but it's lacking in flavor and the ceiling is pretty low for heavy smokers. I got it for my girl who smoked it the first time she went to the States and has a soft spot for it. Easy to grow, easy to clone, low smell, average producer but people who know would just call it the mids. The people who smoke my shit rave about it so I guess for normal stoners it's good, but I can't relate to them. I tried to smoke one friend out and he actually refused more hits like after a 1/4 gram.

That being said when I run dry for a week or two and the next harvest comes I think it's great for a few weeks.

JapanFreak

Post by JapanFreak »

Day 7 Flower
I feed them today with about 10 liters of the GH bloom formula and about 3 liters of run-off. Pretty easy to see the growth over the weekend. Normally I don't do any trimming after I flip but I think I'm going to remove some fan leaves around the 3rd week or it will be a jungle in there.

JapanFreak

Post by JapanFreak »

Cut my other closet today. I've noticed that my plants seem to finish a few days earlier in hempy compared to DWC. I wonder if other people have the same experience.

JapanFreak

Post by JapanFreak »

Day 14 flower
These have really grown this past week and I'm a little worried about light penetration and headroom at this point. I person did an interesting thread over at TCC where he more or less removed all the fan leaves early flower to stop them from growing. I've never trimmed during flowering but I think I'll have to take a look at the method because are getting too big for the 250.

I used my silica for the first time. Since I can't get a ppm reading from it I just added a teaspoon per 15 liters and will adjust it from here.

JapanFreak

Post by JapanFreak »

Day 21 flower 250 watts
These plants are already taller than my last harvest at chop. I haven't had plants this big with the 250 light so I'm hoping that it just means they are healthy and not stretching too much. I started using silica and putting more effort into my cloning process. I have about another good foot of headroom for the light and they only have about 7 more days of stretch so I think I'm safe, just hope I don't end up with popcorn buds on the bottom.