Closet 250 watt Chronic in Hempy Tub

For the hydro-heads
JapanFreak

Post by JapanFreak »

Normally I don't do any trimming after I start flower so this is new to me.

The guy at TCC didn't do a side by side but he was pulling in major weight and he claims he didn't used to and got better results. First time I saw the way he trimmed I thought he was fucking nuts till I saw how they filled out. Some others have tried and also got pretty good results. His thread was also filled with people telling him why cutting them off was wrong. Normally I wouldn't do it but this round they grew so much I thought what the hell.

At this point in time they look fine and doing well, even the small bud sites on the bottom.

benjammin
Karma Jackpot
Karma Jackpot

Post by benjammin »

Did anybody suggest tucking the fans under instead of trimming? :roflmao:
:lol: that would be hilarious.

personally i dont think im out of line at all in this thread. im desperately trying not to pull an uncle ben, because that's the temptation. the last thing ill say on the subject is this:

last spring i took two plants from clone to a guy's rural property. they were both already small bush-sized by may, lots of foliage, nice green colour. i knew he had clipped leaves so i told him exactly why he shouldnt do that. the next time i saw those plants they were ready to be harvested. they had been in nearly full sun for the single best growing season in my memory. the yield was literally about 10% of what i'd have hoped for if i did it myself with no difference other than not removing fan leaves. he'd clipped just about every fan leaf on the damn plants. what should have been major colas looked like the stunted buds at the bottom of a big dense plant.

nobodyknew
Karma Jackpot
Karma Jackpot
Custom Title: Intangibles Inc.
Has bestowed Karma : 8 times
Received Karma : 6 times

Post by nobodyknew »

When I first started growing - back in the O.G days - I used to trim off the big fan leaves and what I found was that within a week - at most two - the fans left on the bud-sites had more or less taken the place of the ones I cut and you'd be hard pressed to tell they had even been trimmed.....
That was my experience...... :)
I don't know whether that improved yield cos I didn't do a side by side comparo but I was always happy with the result.....
Another thing I did - at the behest of my growshop ""guru"" was I trimmed the roots......
I went in complaining that the roots were going everywhere (ebb/flow table - 6'' net pots - 1K lamp) and his reply was - and I'll quote it just as he said it to me ""A plant will HAPPILY make roots all day long and not necessarily worry about what's happening topside - so trim the roots around the net pot""
That's what he said......
So anyway - I went home and trimmed all the roots back to the circumference of the net pots and Fuck Me - the topside growth literally exploded - the plants grew right in front of my eyes almost........
According to all the wisdom that ain't supposed to happen is it.....?
I no longer trim the roots mainly because I found the pots became too unstable and the plants tended to fall over if you breathed out too hard - so the root mass in the table keeps everything stable - lol
I'm tempted now as I write this to go and trim roots on a couple of plants - but I fear ennui will overtake me before I get to the grow room......... :)
Yáll have a nice day now yáll......... :)
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime,somewhere someone said to themselves
"You know - I really want to set those people over there on fire but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." George Carlin R.I.P

mindzai
good karma
good karma

Post by mindzai »

budshots talk, bullshit walks.

if anyone wants to know about fan leaves either do a side-by-side or stfu and buy a botany book, cos none of us have any genuine credentials to pontificate from.

meth?? unless jf is putting it in his res i don't see how it's relevant..
you ain't no pimp, you's a rest haven for clones

nobodyknew
Karma Jackpot
Karma Jackpot

Post by nobodyknew »

benjammin wrote:care to point out where i was wrong?

this implies that you think we have receptors in our brain specifically made for cannabis. thats some serious hippy bullshit.
A while back I read in the British Lancet mag that 27 cannabinoid specific receptors had been identified in the human brain
Puts a whole new slant on the ""I give you all the seeded plants etc"" shtick and apparently we may be hardwired to specifically enjoy cannabis.. :)
I'll try and dig up the article but I'm not very good at stuff like that....
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime,somewhere someone said to themselves
"You know - I really want to set those people over there on fire but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." George Carlin R.I.P

JapanFreak

Post by JapanFreak »

nobodyknew wrote:When I first started growing - back in the O.G days - I used to trim off the big fan leaves and what I found was that within a week - at most two - the fans left on the bud-sites had more or less taken the place of the ones I cut and you'd be hard pressed to tell they had even been trimmed.....
That's what I noticed as well. The thread I was following at TCC the guy actually continued to trim all the fans off during a lot of the grow. I'm not ready to try that yet but I think I'm happy with the way things are going so far this grow.
hempy.JPG
I fed them the other day and things look good. These are the tallest plants I've had in hempy with the 250 watt light. I think there are 3 things that account for that.
1) Better clones
2) 18/6 veg cycle compared to 24
3) Some silicon

benjammin
Karma Jackpot
Karma Jackpot

Post by benjammin »

we have nicotine receptors in our brains, i guess cigarettes are some sort of gift from god that we're meant to smoke.

your plants look sweet by the way, but i dont really see where you removed leaves.

JapanFreak

Post by JapanFreak »

You should have seen when I cut them, I took about 80% of the fans off. I was surprised how soon they came back.

nobodyknew
Karma Jackpot
Karma Jackpot

Post by nobodyknew »

Yep - one week - maybe two......
I don't cut them anymore mainly cos I can't be bothered and I like to make water hash from the leaves and it's just handier to keep them where they are - on the plant till harvest.......
Saves clogging up my freezer with leaf..... :)

JapanFreak

Post by JapanFreak »

That would because other fans grew to take their places more or less. When I cut I did cut about 80% of the fan leafs at that time though. I left some on the bottom because I figured they wouldn't be blocking any light anyway.