For the hydro-heads
roller24
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 332 times
Received Karma : 493 times

Standard DIY Personal Grow Cabinet w/ hydro at 400W hps

Post by roller24 »

Managed a decent enough tax refund to drop a few hundred down on some new grow equipment.
I've put together a Do It Yourself hydro system which hopefully should sustain my ferocious appetite for bud.
At The moment I have 10 clones in rock wool cubes with gro rocks under some CFLs until they get some good roots.
Im going to veg them just a short while and then go to 12/12.
At that point I will move the CFLs to the right for cloning and vegging, and use the left side for flowering.
Im using some vinyl gutter at the moment, but am on the look out for some suitable trays which will easily transfer to the 12/12 side.
dsc00375.jpg
dsc00376.jpg
dsc00361.jpg
I have an aquarium filter pump bringing the nutes to several dispursal points and 2 big bubble rings in the bottom of the bucket.
Im using the standard nutrients
dsc00378.jpg
The cabinet is 4 ft wide double door and divided in the center.
The light leaks and ventilation still have some issues to be addressed.
High summer temps will certainly cause problems.
An aquarium cooler is first on my list.
I also want to pump some air through the second vent on the right side of the floralux, I have a small inline duct fan in the top, but the inlet is passive.
I installed a common bathroom fan blowing straight out at the top of the grow area.
dsc00377.jpg

JapanFreak

Post by JapanFreak »

Nice grow space. I take it the glass has space for air to come in so it doesn't get too humid?

roller24
Karma God
Karma God

Post by roller24 »

yeah, it's propped up on 1/4 inch tubing

PGs GossipGrrl™
Karma Whore
Karma Whore

Post by PGs GossipGrrl™ »

Aquar cooler? Y

Geez, just luv these type of posters like roller...claim one thing, do another. Basically U end up wasting yr time wit them. Then U do the 'foreplay' one liner Twitteriffic online dating game, where the reader has to 'guess' at wat U mean/use/reasons by each 1 liner, given the vagueness.

http://www.planetganja.net/forums/topic/241" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'd love to invest in an LED setup which would put out a decent garden, but for now, I'm stuck with my CF bulbs and the Sun.
Which isn't a bad thing. But I don't ever see artificial lighting being affordable for my broke ass.
Funny how in the blink of an eye ur sit changes. and yet U didn't even bother to ask for any suggestions, just went out an bought *everything*, then post up a thread...4 what reason? remind me to not take *anything* u say, w/o a big glass of grains of salt.
High summer temps will certainly cause problems.
...and yet you went out & bought w/o ever soliciting any advice...sharp guy U r. Keep those "broke ass" $$$ flowing to the canna-nutes snake oil companies :roflmao:

meebe what U really need roller, is a good financial planner? Since you'd clearly just keep going on like an old dog that can't learn new (post OG FAQ) new trix, even if you disingenuously imply the opposite. Honestly you'd do better by just suckin it up, and going over to RIU and asking UB for help, he's an old fart, old-tech guy.
After a while, people are just going to ignore it, like I did, like I do most TV commercials.

roller24
Karma God
Karma God

Post by roller24 »

yes, my financial position improved, no apologies about that.

Criticism seems to reign over advise around here.
You could have very easily offered helpful advise, if you had any to offer.
Instead you immediately begin to insult me on a personal level, without provocation.
That's all fine and dandy, but your only observation about the grow space was that I bought it, without asking for advise, and then didn't even bother to offer what you think except
that I go ask Uncle Ben.
Who the fuck is he?
Sounds like somebody off a rice plantation.
And who the fuck are you? His Wife?
The way you parrot him around here, you either think he's the only motherfucker to ever germ a bean, or your'e him building his fragile ego through some gay ass sockpuppet.
either way, your of no use to this thread.
go play in the pile with the other kids.

Tubgirl
good karma
good karma

Post by Tubgirl »

Brutal! :tup:

kasmier
some karma
some karma

Post by kasmier »

looks nice,, may i suggest some weatherproofing tape along the doorseam

roller24
Karma God
Karma God

Post by roller24 »

i tried that but still had some light leaks, due to the fact that the strip was white.
I'll try something different soon, but I can keep the garage very dark, and my main concern about the light is the stealth of not immediately knowing it's a grow box.

JapanFreak

Post by JapanFreak »

they sell this site here that looks like cardboard but it's made from plastic. Get a piece and cut it to the size of the section you want to light proof and attach it with velcro. I use black for mine and no light problems.

roller24
Karma God
Karma God

O

Post by roller24 »

you mean corrugated plastic?
Good for shipping the beans too.
I was thinking about black vinyl, but I like the sturdiness of the plastic better.