Continuing Adventures in Hempy

For the hydro-heads
JapanFreak

Post by JapanFreak »

Day 1 Veg 250 watts
I cut the chronics this morning and got the new plants in. There are 8 Jackie-O's in the box and 2 on the sides there. I was going to put 10 in at first but decided 8 would be safer. Last time I grew these with this light there wasn't much side branching once flower started so hopefully I should just get a box of tops. I don't think they will yield as good as the chronic but hopefully I can get 130+ out of it.

It's time to buy a new bulb too. This one must be at least 4? years old.
I'm going to make 2 chronic mothers and there is also a Silver Haze male and a Bubba*Ghaze in there. I've kept my extra clones for a few days just in case. I've never needed them but who knows what could happen.

JapanFreak

Post by JapanFreak »

Day 16 Flower 400 watts
I feed them today with about 15 liters of bloom formula and got about 3 liters of run-off. Always make sure to get run-off or the strength can get too strong inside. It's been 10 days since giving them any water or food but as you can see they look fine, but they were thirsty. How often you feed them really depends on how much the plants are eating and how much water evaporates from the medium but about once a week works for my setup.

I also got the final weight on the 250 watter. I pulled 150grams out of it for a simplified 0.6 gpw. I'm planning on using the old bulb to veg with and picking up a new one to flower.

hort
needs karma
Custom Title: my custom title

Post by hort »

My hempy 400 is at day 17 today so 1 day older than yours, Jf. As you can see it is finally on track. To the left of the rack are one Chronic and one GHazeBubba in soil. :)

hort
Attachments
3rd-3-22.jpg
Surely joy is the condition of life ......... Thoreau

JapanFreak

Post by JapanFreak »

What a little difference some heat makes eh? That looks so much better than the last round. For next winter we're going to have to think of someway to hook up that heat mat to a thermostat.

hort
needs karma
Custom Title: my custom title

Post by hort »

Thanks a lot for all your help!

hort
Surely joy is the condition of life ......... Thoreau

Wrams
some karma
some karma
Custom Title: Website Developer

Post by Wrams »

Hey JF nice thread and pics buddy. Well as you know I am doing my first Hempy Bucket so this thread will be very useful to me. At the moment I have 4 grow tents going so have to wait until April before I can get a big Hempy going. I only have 3 plants doing Hempy and 1 I started 3 days ago and 2 tonight. I am growing a 60 Day Wonder (experimental grow) and then I have 2 Master Kush now.

I have a few seeds to choose from and some nice strains too for my big Hempy Grow when the Master Kush comes down in 2 weeks time, can't wait :) I'm also purchasing a new tent soon, a DR 240 (2.4 x 2.4 x 2.0) this tent I am going to hang 3 x 250watt CFL's in and this will be a Hempy Tent ONLY!! :bong3:

Strains I will grow using Hempy are (Super Lemon Haze - White Widow x Big Bud - White Russain - White Widow - Big Buddha Bubble Cheese - Rock Lock - Sharks Breath) I have more but these will all go into Hempy very soon if I get good results with the 60 Day Wonder and 2 Master Kush grows.

Thanks JF for this thread, I needed something like this to help me :bannana:

JapanFreak

Post by JapanFreak »

Cool, glad it helped. I would suggest that you pop the seeds one or two strains at a time because it can get a bit overwhelming starting with so many, but people do make it work.

Maribou Stork
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: Nightmares
Has bestowed Karma : 21 times
Received Karma : 34 times

Post by Maribou Stork »

JapanFreak wrote:What a little difference some heat makes eh? That looks so much better than the last round. For next winter we're going to have to think of someway to hook up that heat mat to a thermostat.
I once controlled the heat from a mat by using one of those timers that you can turn on/off every 15 minute segment. Having it cycle on and off for varying lengths of time gave some control and a glass of water with a thermometer in it gave me a visual on the average results of the adjustments.
Maribou Stork

skanna
some karma
some karma
Custom Title: Scum

Post by skanna »

JapanFreak wrote:What a little difference some heat makes eh? That looks so much better than the last round. For next winter we're going to have to think of someway to hook up that heat mat to a thermostat.
You can get heat mat thermostats from reptile shops.

JapanFreak

Post by JapanFreak »

Sorry there hasn't been an update in a while, been kind of busy this week. My vacation from a vacation will be over on Monday and I'll be able to get back to my usual slow place and update some shit. The plants look great. Sometimes it's easy to forget how fast they grow when you see them everyday. The Jackie-O's are ready to flip so I need to set up the cloner. I also need to transplant all the moms that I'm making into bigger containers. Everything looks good. The bubba-ghaze is going to be ready for cloning in a few more weeks along with the others.