The Almighty AeroGarden

For the hydro-heads
Padraik
needs karma

The Almighty AeroGarden

Post by Padraik »

I received an AeroGarden about a week before Christmas. Out of the 3 pods, only one plant took, and I found out it was because I needed to rotate the pods because the one furthest back is the one where the good rooting takes place for some reason.. I have a plant about 5 inches tall, and I just pinched off the top (the AG light only goes 14"high).. The pinch was made above the 2nd set of leaves. Now when I pruned the top, one of the leaves under it just fell off. The other leaf in that set is now dried and crumbling.. I used water with a PH level of 5.8, and the nutrient tablets that came with the AG. Someone told me that the plant may be suffering from Nutrient Burn, so I lowered the nute dosage to 1/2 tab last time I put it in.. This has only been growing for about 3 weeks, and I'm afraid it's gonna die on me.. If anyone has any suggestions please help..

I am growing this for personal, medicinal use...... Well, just personal....

WeedMafia
Karma Whore
Karma Whore
Custom Title: la cosa'mota'nostra

The Almighty AeroGarden

Post by WeedMafia »

i've heard of them aero gardens being good for starting clones but thats about it...definately overpriced...imho $150...if you're gonna use compact flouros...speaking from experience,the cheapest and best is the feit ecobulb...if you can find the 300watter that would be best,however I had good success with the 200watters...I got quite a bit of bud by putting them like an inch away from the tops and moving them up a little every other day or so...its amazing what you can get out of a few flouros if you got a green thumb...heh I think I still got a few pics in my old gallery at ic mag or cannabishounds...those were done with flouros but I've since graduated to hps and mh...happy growing!

WeedMafia
It's all fun and games til' somebody loses an eye...then it becomes a new game...find the eye.

WeedMafia
Karma Whore
Karma Whore

The Almighty AeroGarden

Post by WeedMafia »

http://www.cannabishounds.com/chgallery/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
look up weedmafia...those pics are from 2004 I think and they were done with all flouros...200 watt feit ecobulbs...5 of them if I remember...heh I got in a argument over whether you could grow some decent bud with flouros...so I showed em...lol
WeedMafia

POST EDIT; the growers/breeders on that site are truly amazing,more than a few designer strains were developed by those people green crack,schrom,lhp just to name a few...I don't deserve to have that crap in my gallery..ha...but they know I just posted it for demonstrational purposes only.
It's all fun and games til' somebody loses an eye...then it becomes a new game...find the eye.

bluebud
Stackin' Karma Yo
Stackin' Karma Yo
Custom Title: I don,t believe it

The Almighty AeroGarden

Post by bluebud »

Be aware when you prune you difuse floral hormones and it can take months to build back up to pre-pruning concentrations. That top bud you pruned is called the terminal bud. The further a branch is from hormones at the plant tip,the less effect the auxins have.(relates to potency).Pruning to much over a period of time reduces hormones.When the Meristem(central stem) is removed just above the four lowest(main) branches removing the central leader concentrates the floral hormones in the four remaining branches.(try to wait till you have 4 sets of branches before you prune).Its true that fewer branches are stronger and beaer a larger quantity of DENSE,heavy flower tops.Remove the stem above the 4 main branches not leaves on the main branches. you've probably heard of (FIM)Fuck I Missed. it is a technique (good luck I hope this helps)
What doesn't kill ya makes you stronger

WeedMafia
Karma Whore
Karma Whore

The Almighty AeroGarden

Post by WeedMafia »

wat

WeedMafia

bluebud
Stackin' Karma Yo
Stackin' Karma Yo
Custom Title: I don,t believe it

The Almighty AeroGarden

Post by bluebud »

bluebud wrote:Be aware when you prune you difuse floral hormones and it can take months to build back up to pre-pruning concentrations. That top bud you pruned is called the terminal bud. The further a branch is from hormones at the plant tip,the less effect the auxins have.(relates to potency).Pruning to much over a period of time reduces hormones.When the Meristem(central stem) is removed just above the four lowest(main) branches removing the central leader concentrates the floral hormones in the four remaining branches.(try to wait till you have 4 sets of branches before you prune).Its true that fewer branches are stronger and beaer a larger quantity of DENSE,heavy flower tops.Remove the stem above the 4 main branches not leaves on the main branches. you've probably heard of (FIM)Fuck I Missed. it is a technique (good luck I hope this helps)
For the pruning prob
What doesn't kill ya makes you stronger