A question about Lucas Formula.

For the hydro-heads
greenman
needs karma

Post by greenman »

Hello :)

I had in mind the GHE application chart (http://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/759/GHE_1.JPG), and I just found about the Lucas Formula.

Lucas Formula doesn't use any Grow, and uses only Micro, and Bloom.

GHE chart shows some extra things you can add, like bio roots, bio protect etc.. If I'm using the Lucas Formula, can I still use them acoording to the GHE chart? :???:

What do you think?
Thanks a lot in advance :tup:

JapanFreak

Post by JapanFreak »

After using Lucas for 5 years I switched back to the recipe on the bottle and I wish I never heard of Lucas, but I don't see why you can't use the same stuff with it if they are designed to be used with the recipe on the bottles at full strength which is stronger than the Lucas formula. Unless you are doing DWC I wouldn't use Lucas though.

greenman
needs karma

Post by greenman »

Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot to mention it.
I'm indeed planning on doing DWC. (I learned about Lucas formula on your DWC article)
So can I still use the rest as the bottles say?

JapanFreak

Post by JapanFreak »

For DWC its fine. I would recommend getting some epsom salt to supplement the mg though because without it you'll tend to get slight mg def in flower.

JapanFreak

Post by JapanFreak »

I think if you're a new grower that you should start with lucas, maybe do a cycle or 2 and than once you get the hang of growing, feel comfortable with keeping your environment in check, come back to the question of nute recipes and understand that the recipe is stronger than Lucas and if your plants are healthy and eating properly they should benefit from a stronger plant food, but if something is off Lucas would be easier on them.

WeedleJuice
needs karma

Post by WeedleJuice »

JapanFreak wrote:I think if you're a new grower that you should start with lucas, maybe do a cycle or 2 and than once you get the hang of growing, feel comfortable with keeping your environment in check, come back to the question of nute recipes and understand that the recipe is stronger than Lucas and if your plants are healthy and eating properly they should benefit from a stronger plant food, but if something is off Lucas would be easier on them.
I Agree. Do A Few Runs The Lucas Way. 1 Thing DWC Can Break Your Heart, Get Use To Your System First.

Thank You
WeedleJuice

greenman
needs karma

Post by greenman »

Thanks a lot guys :tup:

bluebud
Stackin' Karma Yo
Stackin' Karma Yo
Custom Title: I don,t believe it

Post by bluebud »

Micro and bloom the only thing you need. I must admit I do use a little of the green stuff(Veg) from GH but a pro grow freind says micro and bloom is all you need. Ever see the SEE MORE BUDS video. they don't use veg cause the period is so short(northern lights anyway) and they put out 15 pounds in 80 days.I'm checking out 'supernatural brand' I love the rockwool soak. Stick with your meter(ph/ec/tds)readings and not so much what the guide says.Remember in Hydro its hard to under feed.saves you money to
What doesn't kill ya makes you stronger

webeblzr
good karma
good karma
Has bestowed Karma : 139 times
Received Karma : 175 times

Post by webeblzr »

Lucas was also useing RO water. When I tried Lucas, I was to new of a grower, and my well water was 575 ppms out of the tap.
I think it's fine for a heavy sativa.