water temps

For the hydro-heads
Hashcraver
some karma
some karma
Custom Title: Hash lover

water temps

Post by Hashcraver »

I am new to this hydro stuff but am giving it a try. I would like to know what the best temps are to keep my water in a recycling 8-10 place water farm system?

This is going to be cool
Do unto others first, and then run.

JapanFreak

water temps

Post by JapanFreak »

Generally speaking people keep their temps under 20C to prevent root rot.

Hashcraver
some karma
some karma
Custom Title: Hash lover

water temps

Post by Hashcraver »

Thanks.
Do unto others first, and then run.

not me

water temps

Post by not me »

temps 68f /20c... who can keep it that low... unless you have a large op... or take what little space you have for a chiller... be nice to keep it around there... realistically thats not going to happen... more so with new to hydro people... unless you put the rez in a different room and then condition that room... again most peeps aint got thu space... you can use frozen water bottles... then OOPS i forgot to change the bottle... running 10 pots you got sum lights too... try not to let it get over 80 but if it does then what can ya do, just find a way to keep it cool... but higher temps mean more nute changes and less disolved o2(if you run air pumps put the pump in a different room , air pumps inject room hot air into the water)... keep that in mind... go with what you have and figure it out from there... i have found the best way to insulate you rez and pots is to wrap them in ir blocker you will be surprised how well that stuff works... and cover the top of pots and/or rez... (your containers wont absorb light or heat) helps keep the cool cool and the hot hot

can you post a link of the system it self... be nice to see the recycling water farm...

JapanFreak

water temps

Post by JapanFreak »

I live in Japan and even I have space for a chiller.

not me

water temps

Post by not me »

JapanFreak wrote:I live in Japan and even I have space for a chiller.
so you started with a chiller or now have one??? i was just saying for new hydro people... first timers usually dont have one... and take steps to help control the temp a little easier...

JapanFreak

water temps

Post by JapanFreak »

The question was what is the correct water temp, not what are the problems facing growers.

not me

water temps

Post by not me »

true that... my bad... thanks for the heads up...

bluebud
Stackin' Karma Yo
Stackin' Karma Yo
Custom Title: I don,t believe it

water temps

Post by bluebud »

It depends on the temp outside the bucket. If atmosphere is warm or hot,cool water to 60- 70f, if its cold outside the bucket, aquarium heaters ar great 70 t0 80f. hope this helps
What doesn't kill ya makes you stronger

DiogenesTheDog
some karma
some karma

water temps

Post by DiogenesTheDog »

What He ^^^ said.

I had to run my chiller at 66 degrees to keep the buckets @ 68.