MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: eye the witch Melancholy
Has bestowed Karma : 33 times
Received Karma : 28 times

unmanned ariel drones, come to your local before you know it

Post by bentech »

A little over a year ago I discovered someone in the MoD had written a document called ‘An Unmanned Combat Air Systems Concept of Use’. It was mentioned in Defence Reporter, a useful bi-annual bulletin on research being carried out by the MoD’s science and technology labs. The summary said the document:

“aims to provide a broad outline of how it is envisioned that an Unmanned Combat Air System (UCAS) will be employed both in preparation for, and when operationally deployed from 2020 and beyond. It provides a vision of a potential UCAS, from which questions will naturally be generated, possibilities assessed and conclusions drawn. These questions, analysis and conclusions will help build the UK’s knowledge of a UCAS and therefore enhance our aptitude towards making future procurement decisions with regard to the utility of UCAS in any future force mix.”

Naturally as someone very interested in the development of British combat drones it is a document I would find extremely useful. As the bulletin is aimed at journalists and academics as well as the defence industry I duly applied to the MoD’s Knowledge and Information Services unit for a copy. After a couple of months back and forth about why I wanted the document, my request was refused.

I requested a copy of the document under the Freedom of Information Act (FoI) last summer and was again refused. I appealed this refusal (a process that is suppose to take no more than 40 days at the extreme) and now almost seven months later, have received a heavily redacted copy of the document (click image above) together with a long letter setting out all the reasons it has been so heavily redacted.

The letter acknowledges that “disclosure of information from the UCAS CONUSE document would demonstrate openness and improve public understanding on the development and employment of a potential UAS … would also increase confidence in the military’s responsible current and future use of UAS, in particular help to allay concerns that the deployment of UAS are carried out in accordance with International Law…” Release of the full document however has been refused as it would “increase the security threat to our own forces and those of our allies.” (The full letter is here.)

Apart from one or two paragraphs the document is almost entirely redacted. Information that ‘would increase our confidence about current and future use’ of drones has been removed along with almost everything else.

A couple of days ago someone commented here on the blog to the effect that the public has no right to comment on or have oversight of the development of new weapon systems as they do not know enough about it. Only the professionals and experts with inside knowledge are capable of having oversight and control it seems. Alas, of course the same was said about the banking/financial system until its recent virtual collapse…

It is imperative that there is proper, public accountability and control over the actions of our armed forces and the development of new weapon systems. We will continue to challenge the secrecy that surrounds the development and use of British drones.

https://www.dstl.gov.uk/pages/85" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://dronewarsuk.files.wordpress.com/ ... letter.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://dronewarsuk.wordpress.com/2012/0 ... /#comments" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=28785" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"we must strive to become good ancestors" nader
https://www.myplanetganja.com/viewforum.php?f=48
FUCK jimmydorecomedy.com

MadMoonMan
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: nOT-a-BoT
Has bestowed Karma : 15 times
Received Karma : 231 times

unmanned ariel drones, come to your local before you kno

Post by MadMoonMan »

Thanks bud for that research.

I have overhead camoflage. Monkeys in the foliage . Stupid monkees. Stealing all the bananas again

Oh great here comes the camels.

Is this not spring and are we not um crap my right earpiece musice thingy fell off

Never trust what some woman who runs 16 miles a day for marathon
Just because I can't spell misanthrope doesn't mean I'm completely stupid.

MadMoonMan
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by MadMoonMan »

oops soory I thought this was the thread for ear phones product review. Like and as FAQ how you keep them damn things from faling out?

bentech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: eye the witch Melancholy
Has bestowed Karma : 33 times
Received Karma : 28 times

Post by bentech »

keep this up and youll have to turn in your tinfoil
"we must strive to become good ancestors" nader
https://www.myplanetganja.com/viewforum.php?f=48
FUCK jimmydorecomedy.com

MadMoonMan
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by MadMoonMan »

oh wow i got lost in jimi hendrix ripping my brain out on somehting

ok I just heard the BBC tape. house of Jewell built whats thatt mean

qye yo tge tape

fuckin negros and BBC don't have a nice history

You tried to fuck over Jimi Hendrix you pixies and now where are you

lol lol .. uh

where you are doesn't really matter I was just teasing you a little more rubbing it in .

MadMoonMan
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by MadMoonMan »

and again I'm postin in the wrong damn thread again

Jimi Hendrix sings and plays wait a minute somethings wrong here this key doesn't unlock this door.

MadMoonMan
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by MadMoonMan »

what a minute let me turn on my GPS device so all know where I am

no lets not

"Snake if you push that button you send us back to the dark ages! Don't do it!"