Don't hate!

Outdoor grows

Sun&Dirt
good karma
good karma
Custom Title: 2New2knowIcanChangethis

Don't hate!

Post by Sun&Dirt »

The thing about Diatomateous Earth is if you put it in a place that gets wet it only works for a few days...What I've been doing is using some stuff called Pest Out by Safer Grow, I use it in my own way, it says to spray it on the plants but I use it more like a drench...I put it in a gallon size sprayer and spray the top layer of the soil real good, no need to really drench the soil...I havn't seen a single thing moving in the soil since I've been doing this.....I also like always neem the plants about once every 2-3 weeks when in veg just to be safe.

Been busting my ass at the second plot today, it's only going to have 10 plants but they're all in the ground...8 in holes and 2 in 100 gallon smart pots...I'll take pics of that spot soon

Cric

Don't hate!

Post by Cric »

Merry wrote:I think lilmom had thrips in her soil... when she watered she would see them jumping.... I'm not sure if she used mosquito dunks to get rid of them.... I know the dunks were talked about but not sure if they were the solution .... I'll try to find out

The plants look great... I wish I could grow outside...

lilma had springtails. pretty sure she did use the mosquito dunks...

Sun&Dirt
good karma
good karma

Don't hate!

Post by Sun&Dirt »

It's been about 120 hours, give or take since I took the last pic of the Bubba Cheese. You can use the cage for reference.
The other pic is plot 1, it has about 30-40 days of veg left before it goes into full bloom.
Attachments
DSCN3207.JPG
DSCN3206.JPG

roller24
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 331 times
Received Karma : 493 times

Don't hate!

Post by roller24 »

they about 3lbs a bush harvest?

Sun&Dirt
good karma
good karma

Don't hate!

Post by Sun&Dirt »

I'll be happy if I avg 2 but sure some will go way over 3...what matters more is that 1 or more of the 5 new strains I've never smoked on in this plot will satisfy my unquenchable need for tasty smoke.....I'm bored with my current stash.

Sun
Kosmic Karma
Kosmic Karma
Custom Title: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Don't hate!

Post by Sun »

Monday two weeks ago, then Monday today...same two plants
Attachments
DSCN3216.JPG
DSCN3204.JPG

Getting out of the shower to take a shit is like getting out of your car to order at the drive-thru.

randude
Karma Whore
Karma Whore

Don't hate!

Post by randude »

Nice Garden.

What do you do there when you get the fall rains?

Sun
Kosmic Karma
Kosmic Karma
Custom Title: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Don't hate!

Post by Sun »

Hope for no fall rains......if it rains it rains, as long as theres no period of time were it goes 2-3 days with no sun theres little worry of bud rot....the cages are my first line of defense from the plant hitting the dirt when they get heavy from rain, I'll spend hours tying branches up.

Getting out of the shower to take a shit is like getting out of your car to order at the drive-thru.

randude
Karma Whore
Karma Whore

Don't hate!

Post by randude »

Sun, I think I know a bit about where you are, but you may be protected. I have never spent a winter in that part of the country.

My friends in Mt Shasta/Dunsmuir had a lot of rain in November last year and had to build a plastic cover to protect them.

Outdoor is SO frustrating. If you live in an arid climate you have to water all the time and the only thing that is green to the flybys is the weed that is watered and the stuff in places that is not arid you have fall rains. The really big crops cannot be covered and have to be harvested way too early. It is so frustrating. I love the sun.

Hax
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: TrollMod™

Don't hate!

Post by Hax »

Much less likely to see extended periods of Fall rain there than Shasta.

Still doin' the SSH?
Click here for free iPod! > http://myplanetganja.com/ucp.php?i=unsubcribe&mode=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;