What's wrong with my OG Kush plant?

Outdoor grows

Geronimo86
needs karma

Post by Geronimo86 »

Planted this Og kush seed in the first week of April. Was giving it a 7.2 ph water and it was doing fine, then I switched to a 6.5 pH when the buds showed up, and transfered it to a bigger container with with a harder soil. I'm obliged to keep it outside and giving it a 12-13 hours of sunlight per day and 1 liter of water. Never had any major problems until 2 days ago when the leaves became brownish and harder.
Never gave her any food/nutrients so maybe I should give her some now.

Please advise me on how to proceed from now on regarding the quantity of water, sun and nutrients in order to help this beautiful plant regain it's health and give good buds.
Thanks in advance for your advises
https://imgur.com/dUpHKVv
https://imgur.com/Majnkeu

Irwin the Troll
Karma Whore
Karma Whore
Has bestowed Karma : 30 times
Received Karma : 141 times

Post by Irwin the Troll »

Plants uptake alot of nutrients in the first 30 days of flowering. Your girl looks like she is not able to draw these fast enough from the soil, there fore she is eating her fan leaves to nourish her buds. 1 litre of water a day seems like alot to me, and not sure why you would want a "hard" soil. Well aerated moist soil allows for better growth as roots have O2 supply and less resistance to root growth. Packed soil is never optimum, and soaking wet soil also prevents air supply and will also stunt growth or worse.

Some fan leaf consumption can be seen in many plants, and it is common in the last month of flowering. The change will be gradual and steady, but green growth around the buds should continue.
[image]download/file.php?id=17595&mode=view/15 ... 126749.jpg[/image]
I'm not 100%, but from your post and pic, this is what I see.

Geronimo86
needs karma

Post by Geronimo86 »

Irwin the Troll wrote:Plants uptake alot of nutrients in the first 30 days of flowering. Your girl looks like she is not able to draw these fast enough from the soil, there fore she is eating her fan leaves to nourish her buds. 1 litre of water a day seems like alot to me, and not sure why you would want a "hard" soil. Well aerated moist soil allows for better growth as roots have O2 supply and less resistance to root growth. Packed soil is never optimum, and soaking wet soil also prevents air supply and will also stunt growth or worse.

Some fan leaf consumption can be seen in many plants, and it is common in the last month of flowering. The change will be gradual and steady, but green growth around the buds should continue.
Thanks a zillion man.
What do you think about this solution?
Ditch the soil and replace it with peat moss, and keep this medium all the way till harvest
Leave it outdoors with 12-13 hours of sunlight per day
Water it (1 liter or half a liter) only when the medium is dry with a water mixed with this nutrient solution?
https://imgur.com/fifin8B" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In the pic you attached the leaves are yellowish. Mine are brownish. The deficiency in nutrient uptake is very clear to me. I will change the soil right away.

Geronimo86
needs karma

Post by Geronimo86 »

Geronimo86 wrote:
Irwin the Troll wrote:Plants uptake alot of nutrients in the first 30 days of flowering. Your girl looks like she is not able to draw these fast enough from the soil, there fore she is eating her fan leaves to nourish her buds. 1 litre of water a day seems like alot to me, and not sure why you would want a "hard" soil. Well aerated moist soil allows for better growth as roots have O2 supply and less resistance to root growth. Packed soil is never optimum, and soaking wet soil also prevents air supply and will also stunt growth or worse.

Thanks a zillion man.
What do you think about this solution?
Ditch the soil and replace it with peat moss, and keep this medium all the way till harvest
Leave it outdoors with 12-13 hours of sunlight per day
Water it (1 liter or half a liter) only when the medium is dry with a water mixed with this nutrient solution?
https://imgur.com/fifin8B" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In the pic you attached the leaves are yellowish. Mine are brownish. The deficiency in nutrient uptake is very clear to me. I will change the soil right away.
I back flipped this morning the plant and wasn't surprised that the roots couldn't penetrate the newly added medium and only stayed within the peat moss environment.
https://imgur.com/3s3vlv3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I emptied the pot from the soil and filled it back with peat moss again. I gave it half a liter of water mixed with nutrients to give it a lil boost. I hope this puts us back on the right track.
Attachments
roots.png

Irwin the Troll
Karma Whore
Karma Whore
Has bestowed Karma : 30 times
Received Karma : 141 times

Post by Irwin the Troll »

Just use a good organic potting soil with plenty of perlite .take note of the weight before you water it . after you transplant go ahead and give it some water without nutrients, again note the weight of a pot and don't water it again until it gets as light as it was before you watered it. There should be plenty of nutrients already in the soil so you don't want to risk making the soil hot with extra nutrients